Prime Genki Sudo vs Current BW/FW top 10

pookiyama

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I listed two options, as it's subjective which division he'd have fought at in today's MMA meta.

BW
Cejudo, Sterling, Moraes, Munhoz, Yan, Garbrandt, Sandhagen, Lineker, Rivera, Dodson (Approx)

FW
Holloway, Volkanovski, Ortega, Aldo, Edgar, Zabit, KZ, Stephens, Emmett, Ryan Hall

-----

So, the discussion I'm aiming for is - How would a Prime physical form Genki have fared against today's MMA fighters (of roughly the same size)?

He had enough striking chops to give Masato and Kraus pause and/or headaches. His grappling/transition skills are up to par with today's game IMO. And he was fluid and dynamic in transitioning from one phase of combat to another, something that really only became common place amongst the greats within the last 5 years.

Interested in opinions, I think id favor him against a few in both divisions.

I listed two options, as it's subjective which division he'd have fought at in today's MMA meta.

BW
Cejudo, Sterling, Moraes, Munhoz, Yan, Garbrandt, Sandhagen, Lineker, Rivera, Dodson (Approx)

FW
Holloway, Volkanovski, Ortega, Aldo, Edgar, Zabit, KZ, Stephens, Emmett, Ryan Hall

-----

So, the discussion I'm aiming for is - How would a Prime physical form Genki have fared against today's MMA fighters (of roughly the same size)?

He had enough striking chops to give Masato and Kraus pause and/or headaches. His grappling/transition skills are up to par with today's game IMO. And he was fluid and dynamic in transitioning from one phase of combat to another, something that really only became common place amongst the greats within the last 5 years.

Interested in opinions, I think id favor him against a few in both divisions.

Genki could take Dodson now, absolutely. He lost a lot of what made him awesome. No explosiveness anymore.

Genki would fucking destroy Brian Ortega, and he might be able to handle Ryan Hall. I'll have to rewatch his fights, but I don't see him beating the majority of the guys. Too much size, well-rounded. The game changed.

Korean Zombie would be a fun one. Fuck it, Sudo beats everybody outside top 6.

Back