Prime GSP vs Prime Rockhold

Wrong thread

Here before the mods move it

If the fight hits the ground size matters. And I saw what Rockhold did to Machida, Jacare, Weidman and Branch. All huge legit BJJ black belts. No version of GSP is winning a fight if it hits the ground.

Standing things get interesting because Rockhold is chinny and GSP is really accurate with his strikes but Rockhold also kicks very well so while GSP usually controls the distance in a fight he might not be able to this time.

I'm going with Rockhold.

GSP has to outstrike him for 5 rounds or maybe catch him b/c he isnt doing shit to Luke with his wrestling or grappling.

I like Luke in this one. Legit one class weight difference here. Luke was so good on the ground and that's GSPs strength.

Tougher fight for GSP than the other way around.

Luke is obviously chinny but he
wasn't afraid to go to the ground with Weidman and many others.

This is random but regarding GSP… CRAZY!

If the fight hits the ground size matters. And I saw what Rockhold did to Machida, Jacare, Weidman and Branch. All huge legit BJJ black belts. No version of GSP is winning a fight if it hits the ground.

Standing things get interesting because Rockhold is chinny and GSP is really accurate with his strikes but Rockhold also kicks very well so while GSP usually controls the distance in a fight he might not be able to this time.

I'm going with Rockhold.

Eh I don't really buy that fully.

GSP took down Bisping and did well on the ground with him, obviously couldn't manhandle him like some WWs, but I don't think Rockhold would necessarily just be immune to takedowns and have some massive advantage on the ground. If he's on bottom then he's on bottom...not like having 15-20lbs on someone matters a ton there. If he's on top, sure...but when is he getting on top? He's taking GSP down?

I think GSP has a real chance. But it's also dumb to begin with it's a dumb hypothetical. How would Silva do against prime Shogun or Jan? How would Khabib do against prime Tyron Woodley or prime Nick Diaz?

All these things are impossible to say. Stylistically I don't think it's good or bad for either fighter really. It becomes a question of just how much better GSP is overall than Rockhold despite the size difference, if he can land takedowns, or catch him like he caught Bisping and Bisping caught Rockhold

There’s a reason GSP’s greasy ass waited until Bisping was champ to come back. Don’t be stupid.

Rockhold makes GSP tap to strikes faster than he did to MW/LHW David Branch
QArYawe.gif

Back