Prime GSP vs Prime Rockhold

GSP haters love threads like this...

Rockhold would kill GSP. Rockhold would sub GSP in the 1st rd. Rockhold would TKO GSP easy.

<{cruzshake}>

No, GSP was 190+ for like half of his career. Khabib has been around 175 ever since he got a nutritionist and Conor has been around 175 since he packed on muscle and stopped fighting at FW, it's not my fault you don't know this.
Conor is closer to 170, Khabib is closer to 180, and GSP is closer to 185

They're all around the same size, and could fight LW, GSP would be lighter if he fought now, he has said this many times, and is always on about fasting, and wishing he did that earlier in his career. If he fought now he'd be at LW. Most of the WW's now are bigger than GSP ever was.

Conor is closer to 170, Khabib is closer to 180, and GSP is closer to 185

They're all around the same size, and could fight LW, GSP would be lighter if he fought now, he has said this many times, and is always on about fasting, and wishing he did that earlier in his career. If he fought now he'd be at LW. Most of the WW's now are bigger than GSP ever was.

175 is around 171, 180 is around 175 and 188 is around 190 which is what I said each of them weigh and people have links showing that is what their in cage weight has been. You're the one who acted like they all weigh the same when they clearly do not.

GSP now is much smaller than he used to be, if GSP was a young fighter again he would pack on muscle like he did in the past and fight at WW and be around 190, in their primes he's around 19lbs heavier than Connor and 15-18lbs bigger than Khabib. I don't agree that WWs now are much bigger, I don't know of any WW that weighs over 200lbs in the cage so at most GSP would probably be less than 10lbs smaller than the biggest WW.

Last edited:
175 is around 171, 180 is around 172.5 and 188 is around 190 which is what I said each of them weigh and people have links showing that is what their in cage weight has been. You're the one who acted like they all weigh the same when they clearly do not.

GSP now is much smaller than he used to be, if GSP was a young fighter again he would pack on muscle like he did in the past and fight at WW and be around 190.
Obviously, they don't weigh literally the exact same, the point is they're all close enough to be in the same weight class

Generally speaking, people weigh more when they get older, and GSP has specifically said he wishes he did fasting during his career. If you pay attention to him it's very clear he would've been lighter, compare him to Usman, he's clearly a bit smaller, his frame is better for LW.

Obviously, they don't weigh literally the exact same, the point is they're all close enough to be in the same weight class

Generally speaking, people weigh more when they get older, and GSP has specifically said he wishes he did fasting during his career. If you pay attention to him it's very clear he would've been lighter, compare him to Usman, he's clearly a bit smaller, his frame is better for LW.

No, they aren't, not if we are talking GSP in his prime. He couldn't cut from 188-190 to 155. The biggest LWs are like 183-185 tops like Tibau and Chandler. GSP in his prime was at least 15lbs bigger than Khabib and Connor.

No, they aren't, not if we are talking GSP in his prime. He couldn't cut from 188-190 to 155. The biggest LWs are like 183-185 tops like Tibau and Chandler. GSP in his prime was at least 15lbs bigger than Khabib and Connor.
GSP has said he would've utilized fasting and has an overall philosophy of being lighter now. He would've walked around more like 180-185. You seem set on not believing this, even though GSP has said it many times.

GSP has said he would've utilized fasting and has an overall philosophy of being lighter now. He would've walked around more like 180-185. You seem set on not believing this, even though GSP has said it many times.

You seem dead set on a hypothetical that never happened. I'm talking about what did happen. GSP was a big WW when he was competing and if you brought non-retired GSP to current day he would still be a good sized WW.

Last edited:
Back