Prime Hendricks would slaughter Usman

I was thinking about who I would like to see fight Usman and Hendricks was my first thought. Too bad he has zero discipline.

You’re acting like Hendricks never changed his style or improved, shows how little you know about mma

<{titihmm}>

Beat the shit through the best mma grappler of the division, the goat couldn’t do jack shit

<36>

In fact Hendricks adopted many styles to suit his skills and while champ he had refined his game perfectly, you might be too young to remember though

<Fedor23>

Don’t quote me again unless you have some actual knowledge, it’s embarrassing

<{outtahere}>

>Many Styles Hendricks

1200427560.jpg.jpg

1200427560.jpg.jpg

1200427560.jpg.jpg

True story
Purime Hendricks would run through Usman and Colby. He's a horrid matchup for both

He would beat anyone TBH. I think Wonderboy and Jorge are his toughest fights
Prime Hendricks only really ever got beaten decisively once, and it was a close fight against Rick Story.

His losses against GSP and Lawler very easily could have went the other way and nobody would have argued.

You best believe Usman would have all he could handle against Hendricks.

Hendricks tended to struggle against other wrestlers pre-USADA.

In addition to the Story loss, he had narrow split decision wins against Mike Pierce and a past prime Koscheck. Media scores were split evenly for those fights.

Would be fucking interesting no doubt. It could look a lot like the Colby fight where Marty didnt engage in the wrestling, except Hendricks hits like a truck......

He isn’t a better kickboxer and Hendricks wrestling is more than sufficient to keep it standing. Imo

He’s a better kickboxer imo. Hendricks has a better left hand. Usman uses his size and reach well in this hypothetical matchup.

Last sentence is a fair point. Disagree with first. Hendricks was a really good fighter

I agree but I think Usman gets dramatically underrated due to his fight style and tendency to put on snoozers. It would be a fun fight (or a really, really, boring one lol).

Pre-USADA somebody does not equal "Prime" somebody. Especially when said individual went immediately downhill afterwards.

No such thing as Prime Hendricks, sadly. "Prime Rib" Hendricks, maybe.

yup.. usuman is in a weak divison

Weak division ? Lol That weightclass is one of the more stacked. Usman, Colby, Jorge, Burns, Woodley, Wonderboy, Maïa, Neal, Luque, Ponzi, RDA...

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Weak division ? Lol That weightclass is one of the more stacked. Usman, Colby, Jorge, Burns, Woodley, Wonderboy, Maïa, Neal, Luque, Ponzi, RDA...

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

sorry but the division has taken a step down.. colby has no power... RDA also no power.... jorge cant fight off the cage.... woodley is on his last leg... wonderboy past his prime...

maia.... lol old

Ponzi hasnt fought in over 1.5 years

luque and neal??? really?

Prime Hendricks only really ever got beaten decisively once, and it was a close fight against Rick Story.

His losses against GSP and Lawler very easily could have went the other way and nobody would have argued.

You best believe Usman would have all he could handle against Hendricks.

Agree with you on all three counts above. However, some additional historical data to consider. Split decision win against Pierce should have been a loss. Split decision win against Koscheck could have gone either way.

Not convinced this would be the case.

Prime Hendricks had immense power, but for five rounds, Usman's cardio and output is way higher. If Johny can't knock Kamaru out early, the champ weathers the storm and wins with output and athleticism.

And think about it, we've only seen 30% Usman. Sure, we've only seen 70% Hendricks as well, but if they're both operating at 100% (is that even possible?) then Usman's upside is way, way higher.

Taking "The Nigerian Nightmare" by decision.

Saying a pre-USADA juiced up Hendricks would give Usman problems is hardly a take worth mentioning.

I'd favor Hendricks. He had insane KO power at that moment.

And the people he didn't KO like GSP, he turned them info pancakes.

Prime Hendricks was a fucking beast.

Reactions: Uke
I'd favor Hendricks. He had insane KO power at that moment.

And the people he didn't KO like GSP, he turned them info pancakes.

Prime Hendricks was a fucking beast.
This.... let's rewind time and throw usman in their with all the guys gsp best

Not a chance in hell

Hendricks wouldve steam rolled usman... zero head movement

Nick Diaz wouldve given usman problems also

This.... let's rewind time and throw usman in their with all the guys gsp best

Not a chance in hell

Hendricks wouldve steam rolled usman... zero head movement

Nick Diaz wouldve given usman problems also

All i know is that when Hendricks touched people with that left, they wen't down in disbelief.

And it didn't even look like he was hitting them hard. It wasn't like a Hendo or a Rumble swing where you kinda see the power.

No, it was the touch of death.

And then he got fat.... :)

To be fair Hendricks would have a very good chance compared to most.

Excellent wrestler, a southpaw that could make it nasty in close or knock you clean out in range. His championship style was an elite wrestle kick boxer that put a pace on, usman would be fucked in every facet

Put some respect on Big Pig Hendricks !

Correction, Pre USADA, juiced to the gills Hendricks would destroy Usman.

Back