Prime Hunt vs Current Ngannou

Ananth

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
How would this match up go? I think Hunt and Nelson are the only ones (Maybe DC) that can survive Ngannou's power.

I think in a straight forward kickboxing match, Hunt can absorb the bombs and land a good one on his own. Will be a close fight, unless Ngannou tries a standing a kimura or something.

Hunt matches well on the feet, but with Ngannou’s improved grappling, it may end up with a Francis submission instead of a KO

How would this match up go? I think Hunt and Nelson are the only ones (Maybe DC) that can survive Ngannou's power.

I think in a straight forward kickboxing match, Hunt can absorb the bombs and land a good one on his own. Will be a close fight, unless Ngannou tries a standing a kimura or something.
Ngannou is the better mma fighter by a lot so I’d guess he beats hunt in mma. He can survive power but he can also get knocked out.

Ngannou was afraid to throw punches with Black Beast

I think the same would happen with prime Hunt

Ngannou could just take him down and submit him if he wanted

Francis probably fucks him up standing though; Hunt did get slept by a welterweight after all.

Ngannou takes him down and GnP's him into oblivion or KO's him in 2 min.

Who ever lands clean first, probably take about 10 fights to really tell who's the more skilled fighter..

Ngannou could just take him down and submit him if he wanted

Francis probably fucks him up standing though; Hunt did get slept by a welterweight after all.

Do we know how good Ngannou submissions are? Young Hunt had crappy submission defense but he wasn't completely easy prey, it took Fedor several minutes to sub him.

Do we know how good Ngannou submissions are? Young Hunt had crappy submission defense but he wasn't completely easy prey, it took Fedor several minutes to sub him.
Because Fedor sucks on the ground - dude got molested by Bigfoot lmao

Hunt was also slept by a 170lber; one Ngannou punch would put him in a coffin.

Hunt got better over time until recently because his tdd improved and he maintained his power.

That said,

Francis V 2.021 decapitates him like everyone else.

Hunt has a chance the longer the fight goes but I think Francis eventually ko`s him

Fhat speaks more to Fedor's vastly overrated ground skills.

Barnett completely dominated Hunt on the ground in his previous fight and McCorkle easily subbed him after. He was a fish.

Francis just reversed and GnP'd a D1 wrestler. He'd kill Hunt on the ground.

Back