Prime Izzy vs Prime Anderson Silva?

I’m sure this thread has been done before but I don’t care. I’m starting a new one. Can you separate the Anderson Silva nostalgia factor from the technical comparison between both Silva and Adesanya? And if so, who wins and why?

don’t make it just as simplistic as “Israel barely beat him past his prime. what do Silva would do to Izzy in his prime years? there’s gotta be more to it than that.

There really isn't more to it than that. Prime spider adds another clip to his highlight reel.

Prime Yoel needed an extra 40 seconds just to make it off the stool for round 3 vs Tim Kennedy of all opponents...
As much as I dislike Kennedy, saying "Kennedy of all opponents" just doesn't work man...

You're new here but you'll get it, don't worry.

Anderson, man how quickly people forget how great he was.

<BC1>

As much as I dislike Kennedy, saying "Kennedy of all opponents" just doesn't work man...

You're new here but you'll get it, don't worry.
I’m glad you acknowledged that prime Romero needed an extra 40 seconds to answer the third round bell vs Tim

I’m sure this thread has been done before but I don’t care. I’m starting a new one. Can you separate the Anderson Silva nostalgia factor from the technical comparison between both Silva and Adesanya? And if so, who wins and why?

don’t make it just as simplistic as “Israel barely beat him past his prime. what do Silva would do to Izzy in his prime years? there’s gotta be more to it than that.

Prime Silva wouldn't get through USADA testing.

nah, it just adds humor to the existing truth. Gyno is caused by very few things and usually ONE very likely thing in professional sports. Nuthuggers will have to learn to cope with that fact. Obviously you have not and that's probably what your yellow card is all about.

In the very hypothetical case that Izzy is or was on steroid, he was never caught, so obviously he would be abusing steroids less than Silva who tested positive twice.

Even if Israel's TDD is better - which compared with prime Silva I'm not even sure - Anderson' s way superior game off his back, on top and in the clinch definitely makes up for it in terms of well-roundedness

Is he though? He subbed Sonnen and thats about it. Lutter was gassed and beaten up. Doesn't really count as an actual sub more than a tko.

Silva has almost never swept someone or got back to his feet when taken down. He has a decent guard but let's not act like he's a BJJ ace.

Is he though? He subbed Sonnen and thats about it. Lutter was gassed and beaten up. Doesn't really count as an actual sub more than a tko.

Silva has almost never swept someone or got back to his feet when taken down. He has a decent guard but let's not act like he's a BJJ ace.

If you didnt notice all the grappling chops he pulled off vs Thales Leites, Marquardt, Henderson, Lutter or Sonnen not my problem. Even the way he handled Cormier off his back is more impressive than anything Adesanya has shown in the ground.

Anderson was a great mma fighter and finisher, izzy is a great technical striker, styles make fights, unless anderson puts his ego aside and takes it to the ground izzy beats anderson 10/10 no matter how much of a silva fangirl you are.

What? LOLLLLL

In most of prime Anderson Silva's fights his opponents were not able to hit him more than 20 times, with a breadth of his opponents only being able to land 1-10 strikes. The anomaly is Chael Sonnen, who managed to hit him 89 times, supposedly while Andersons ribs were broken.

Adensanya's opponents are typically able to land between 30-40 shots, however, Gastelum landed 91 and Jan landed 107.

My point isn't anything crazy, it's just my opinion that is well supported by statistics. Prime Anderson Silva was clearly far more defensive than Adesanya is, so I would have to give the edge to Prime Anderson Silva.

Thus, Prime Anderson Silva DOES NOT get hit, Prime Adesanya DOES get hit. I think Anderson would tool Adesyana in his prime.

Pretty sure Silva would finish him earliest in round 2, similar to the Vitor fight. Find his timing and exploit it in the 2nd round.

Prime Anderson Silva was an amazing run to watch. Luckily I'm a bit older and was able to watch his entire career

anderson was faster had better head movement a ground game and 1 punch knee elbow kick ko power anderson was also bigger the only thing izzy has on him is reach

Prime Silva beats every MW and LHW ever except perhaps prime Jones

Anderson wins. More well rounded, and better everywhere.

it was also good that we got to see a broken, old Anderson vs a prime Israel. Nobody has a doubt now that Anderson was a better fighter.

prime silva would bully him
striking
wrestling
bjj
u name it.

Back