Prime Izzy vs Prime Anderson Silva?

Izzy has the better striking pedigree and yet at the same time he generally doesnt look as impressive as Anderson did. I dont think its because hes fighting better opposition either. Vitor and Hendo are at least equal to Bobby, Costa or Kelvin in terms of the danger they presented standing.
As pure strikers, I personally disagree.

If you didnt notice all the grappling chops he pulled off vs Thales Leites, Marquardt, Henderson, Lutter or Sonnen not my problem. Even the way he handled Cormier off his back is more impressive than anything Adesanya has shown in the ground.
Adesanya's ability to get back to his feet and also not get taken down in the first place makes me much more comfortable than when I was watching Anderson.

But we'll see if Adesanya's ground game has or has not been exposed soon enough.

izzy is a great fighter but he would get schooled pretty easily by prime andy.

Adesanya's ability to get back to his feet and also not get taken down in the first place makes me much more comfortable than when I was watching Anderson.

But we'll see if Adesanya's ground game has or has not been exposed soon enough.

It makes you much more comfortable against who?

I dont think there is enough reason to be uncomfortable about Silva handling the grappling offense of Costa, Gastelum, Whittaker or even 40+ years old Romero or Brunson; or Vettori and Jan who gave Israel problems

Meanwhile Im not so sure about Israel not ending in a bad spot vs Sonnen or Maia, let alone Cormier or even Griffin

As pure strikers, I personally disagree.

What you mean by "pure" strikers? I'd say Adesanya has better striking technique, specially footwork, and certainly has more experience in striking competition

This would be a really exciting kickboxing match, and I'd give Izzy the edge.

In MMA I think Silva's striking is far more effective and I think he'd smoke Izzy in his prime.

Not fair to put Prime Anderson vs anyone. The man can make miracles happen.

Both their kickboxing credentials are overstated. Izzy did fight for Glory but spent a majority of his time fighting in the NZ regional scene.

Whereas Anderson never fought in kickboxing or Muay Thai to any high level. He has a couple pro boxing matches against utter cans where he humorously attempted an Ali Shuffle and got clipped.

However Anderson’s BJJ is top top level and though he doesn’t wrestle that much he could definitely submit Izzy.

I don’t get your guy’s reverence for Anderson.

Izzy is taller, has a longer reach, is the more technical striker, has higher strike defence, a higher takedown defence, higher significant strikes landed per minute, and actual kickboxing matches. Granted not against the best of the best but far better than any striker Anderson fought.

Round 2 KO for the Spider. Izzy is not Anderson class!
Anderson isn’t knocking Izzy out lmao. He most likely would submit him or by a decision. You know how many times Izzy has been knocked out? Once against a harder puncher than anyone Anderson ever faced.

Izzy has the better striking pedigree and yet at the same time he generally doesnt look as impressive as Anderson did. I dont think its because hes fighting better opposition either. Vitor and Hendo are at least equal to Bobby, Costa or Kelvin in terms of the danger they presented standing.
That’s because Anderson was fighting in a time where the sport wasn’t as evolved as it is now. There’s a reason none of the TUF season 1 fighters are current champs.

That’s because Anderson was fighting in a time where the sport wasn’t as evolved as it is now. There’s a reason none of the TUF season 1 fighters are current champs.

TUF 1 season fighters are 40+ years of age. They are all old and beaten up. Of course they are not champions lol

That’s because Anderson was fighting in a time where the sport wasn’t as evolved as it is now.

Bobby, Costa, Kelvin and a 43 year old who was getting knocked out by Rafael Cavalcante in Strikeforce a decade ago are not "evolved" compared to Hendo or Vitor.

There’s a reason none of the TUF season 1 fighters are current champs.

And that reason is TUF 1 was 16 years ago.

Bobby, Costa, Kelvin and a 43 year old who was getting knocked out by Rafael Cavalcante in Strikeforce a decade ago are not "evolved" compared to Hendo or Vitor.

And that reason is TUF 1 was 16 years ago.
That’s just simply not true. They’re better wrestlers and better strikers. Vitor not only was on TRT but had past steroid infringements. Henderson just had TRT. And what happened when they came off it? They dropped like a stone.

TUF was 16 years ago, this is true. But none of the cast say for maybe Forrest improved in their skills during their career. Go back and look the Season 1 training sessions. They have horrible technique, poor standup but ok wrestling. Now look at modern seasons and there’s a marked improvement in their training.

It’s amazing how many people are still stuck in the past and are either too jaded or too cynical to realise that fighters have improved with the game. Technically Izzy is superior to Anderson, that shouldn’t even be up for debate. He has the record to prove it and the background. Anderson’s Muay Thai is as basic as it comes, he has good fundamentals naturally, but spamming a Plum isn’t going to cut it anymore.

TUF 1 season fighters are 40+ years of age. They are all old and beaten up. Of course they are not champions lol
Missed the point. If they were as young and fresh as they were back when season 1 started and fighting today’s guys, they wouldn’t cut it. They were both too one dimensional and too muddled. They didn’t have the ability to mix arts like today’s fighters, and they weren’t skilled enough in their main style to complete with today’s guys.

We have Olympic wrestlers, combat Sambo world champions, Muay Thai champions, kickboxers, boxers, and world champion grapplers in the sport today. And guys that can mix them all together incredibly well.

It’s ignorance to suggest fighters aren’t more skilled than they were back then. Plus half the guys were either on roids or TRT.

Back