Prime Koscheck vs Khabib ?

Koscheck was good for his day, but not really comparable to the undefeated Khabib. Khabib would win via smesh

I think I was one of the few big Koscheck fan's back in the day but this would be a very tough fight for him. Over the last few years Khabib has done a nice job developing a great jab and that was the single strike that really gave Kos trouble against GSP. Although Kos would have the power edge on the feet, I think Khabib would jab him up in route to taking him to the fence and ultimately getting him on the ground. From there I think it would be just like so many of his previous fights with him grinding for a win. The only thing I think would be different over his last few wins is I could see it going to a decision.

How is it possible to like koscheck?

I think I was one of the few big Koscheck fan's back in the day but this would be a very tough fight for him. Over the last few years Khabib has done a nice job developing a great jab and that was the single strike that really gave Kos trouble against GSP. Although Kos would have the power edge on the feet, I think Khabib would jab him up in route to taking him to the fence and ultimately getting him on the ground. From there I think it would be just like so many of his previous fights with him grinding for a win. The only thing I think would be different over his last few wins is I could see it going to a decision.

I definitely agree. Even at his best, Koscheck was prone to some serious bad-judgement calls in fights (Paulo Thiago and Drew Fickett come to mind immediately), and unless someone plays a perfect game across five rounds, I don't see how to beat Khabib. Furthermore, even though he had a fantastic double-leg, Koscheck wasn't a great top-control guy. If he were to try to play that game with Khabib, I would see him getting swept a lot, or possibly even submitted.

Koscheck is one of the most underrated guys in the history of MMA. From what I remember he was the only guy who took down prime GSP, has excellent standup and decent chin. Im dead serious when I say stylistically Kosceck by whatever he wants!

Rd 1-

tumblr_nkiwvaOkKN1tugoyjo1_500.gif

Kos was too big for Khabib. Kos via UD

lol Khabib has 0 fights at or against a 170er . He is formidable and would wax any lw on earth but you can’t assume that he would run through a TRUE WELTER like Josh just because he looked amazing against the 155 manlets. Prime Koscheck was a problem.

I hate when idiots bring Jones, Khabib or anyone’s resume to claim that they would do amazing a division above. NO. It’s a different ballgame… by that logic Izzy would have mauled Jan. There is only one way to find out, what you did 15-20 pounds below means jackshit to me.

koscheck is too big and was a D1 wrestler. I would lean towards koscheck. probraby by tko because he had a decent right hand.

Back