Prime Nate Diaz beats the hell outta Gaethje

What is Prime Diaz?

The dude has been alternating wins and loses his whole career.

He is the definition of a journeyman.
I said the same thing bef I saw your comment.."prime" Nate diaz? I read that correct? I cant even figure when that would be lol

Prime Rampage fought a Prime Silva, someone was gonna die regardless.

Doesnt matter. The point is there are too many examples of diaz having a good chin to make the thompson loss significant. Same with rampage being KO'd by wand.

Nate does not get enough respect.

Most everyone would pick Conor to beat Justin.

Nates boxing is good and if Justin gassed or got overly emotional it could be a bad night for him. Would be a good fight.

It's possible but I think it's highly unlikely. Nate is very hittable and is susceptible to leg kicks. The guy wouldn't be able to walk by the end of round two.

Truth is I don’t even like Diaz , I can’t that stand that ghetto stick , but he is a lot better then ferg , gathje, and Dustin . Idk what the hell Diaz chin is made out of . And did y’all not watch his last few fights ? He checks kicks now . Also cardio like that is unnatural . Nate ghetto ass is koing ferg , gathje and Dustin

I said the same thing bef I saw your comment.."prime" Nate diaz? I read that correct? I cant even figure when that would be lol

Probably around the time he got his ass absolutely handed to him by Bendo.

Probably around the time he got his ass absolutely handed to him by Bendo.
when I read about Nate now I often think some sherdoggers don't realize Nate and Nick are not one person. Seriously..It is as if when Connor put him on the map people disregarded all his flaws, added all of Nicks best traits, and made a super Diaz fighter that would walk through JG and all comers! lol the fuck outta here with that..

You mean the prime Nate who is 1-8 against top tier 155ers...
Lol- gtfo

cough cough gatekeeper cough cough

1-8???

Nate diaz has more UFC performance awards then anderson silva..let that sink in..

Nate diaz was immature at some stages of his career but make no mistake a prepared in shape nate diaz cleans out the top 5 at LW currently with Khabib gone

As many have said, Nate is among the worst in leg kick defense. It was a very bizarre point to make. It is like saying GSP is a KO artist and Silva wrestlefucks people.

As many have said, Nate is among the worst in leg kick defense. It was a very bizarre point to make. It is like saying GSP is a KO artist and Silva wrestlefucks people.

You realise hes improved at checking kicks right

Nate Diaz best win was a decision against Michael Johnson.

<Dany07>

Lol Nate is impervious to low kicks?

Benson Henderson, RDA, and Josh Thompson are all fighters who all used kicks to abuse Diaz.

Fact: Diaz is one of the most overrated fighters of all time at this point. His mythology thanks to the first Conor fight have people believing he was some world beater back in his "prime".

He wasn't.
He started checking them in the Pettis fight tho.

You realise hes improved at checking kicks right
You realise impervious and improved are different right.
Impervious
giphy.gif

Improved. This kid could could not pass a ball before. But she has improved.
source.gif

Truth is I don’t even like Diaz , I can’t that stand that ghetto stick , but he is a lot better then ferg , gathje, and Dustin . Idk what the hell Diaz chin is made out of . And did y’all not watch his last few fights ? He checks kicks now . Also cardio like that is unnatural . Nate ghetto ass is koing ferg , gathje and Dustin

"A lot better" than the three guys who make up the Lightweight elite now that Khabib's gone? That's some of the more amusing stuff I've read today, especially since he almost has as many losses as all three of them combined. And all of them individually have more wins than he does, despite the fact that he's been fighting for longer than any of them. He's sitting at the bottom of Welterweight talking shit on Twitter while the other three are Top 5 contenders at Lightweight.

Btw, Tony's cardio is just as good as Nate's by the way. Possibly even better. And his chin is nothing to scoff at. Gaethje is also pretty damn durable.

***​

Now, as for everyone ranting about how "Nate checks kicks now!"

Yes, after a career of getting murdered by leg kicks, he finally checked a few against Pettis -- who was never known as some devastating leg-kicker the likes of Gaethje. And if you really want to go down that road... What, are we considering 34-year-old circa 2019 Diaz fresh off a three-year layoff his "Prime" now? If so that's even more scar tissue to slice open. And frankly it's a Nate who has just lost a step in many facets of his game, especially if he's forced to cut to 155 once again.

Besides, the people Gaethje has used leg-kicks successfully against in the past also knew how to check them and have done it in the past. Yet he was still able to employ them successfully because of his style. So all of you pointing to the Pettis fight aren't helping Nate's case much. He isn't suddenly immune to Gaethje's best weapon -- assuming, of course, you really want to go down the road of using comeback layoff Diaz as your mythical Prime lmao.

Last edited:
He started checking them in the Pettis fight tho.

For all the kicks Pettis throws, he was never much of a low kicker. His fight against Thompson is really the only one I recall it having an impact.

Either way, at this point Gaethje is a better boxer and low kicker than Pettis.

Saying Nate Diaz could beat the most brutal leg kicker in Lightweight history is like claiming Gaethje would submit Nate in Mundials. C'mon, bro.

TS has an argument. It doesn't make sense on paper but styles make fights. Justin isn't knocking Nate out and Nate has cardio for days. Even Conor lost once arguably twice to him.

You say that as if Conor is some type of proven light weight. He has a couple wins(probably dives) against light weights.

Back