Prime Nate Diaz beats the hell outta Gaethje

For sure Nate Diaz is a stylistic problem for Gaethje, he’s got a fucking 6 inch reach advantage and at his best he knows how to use it. Harder to kick legs when you’re getting put under the pressure that Nate Diaz puts. Gaethje of old would’ve been baited into a straight punching fight and TKO’ed. More recent Geathje has a better chance at being smart but I still see it as a tough fight for him.

1-8???

Nate diaz has more UFC performance awards then anderson silva..let that sink in..

Nate diaz was immature at some stages of his career but make no mistake a prepared in shape nate diaz cleans out the top 5 at LW currently with Khabib gone
Dude - whatever you're on- send some my way. At 155, Nate is 0 for against any top 155 fight hes had . Zero- nada - nill- and they were one sided fights on top, lol .

Now - hes sub par gatekeeper at welter. Hes grown into his frame, dont think he has any ideas of fighting at lw ( " most likely" but itd be a rough cut).
This guy has made his bones by , stylistically, matching up well with McGregor and using his grill - successfully- as a soundboard.

Do you want to go through those 155 fights ? Lol - I was in punks studio- dont know how he got it but he has that crimson stained towel that was mercifully thrown in by big bro.

Hes a UFC quality gatekeeper so I dont want to make him look the way I'm doing but I'm stating the truth ( plus- I used to enjoy watching Nick fight ........Nate too but Diaz( Nate) lost me when he stated hes " been winning forever in UFC "- wut ? )

It's certainly a good match up for Nate, aside from the leg kicks.

The UFC has melted people’s brains. Let us know how the hotdog iron is, too!

You definitely can post in threads and topics you have zero interest in other than bashing it and everyone else can tell you youre an idiot. Gaethje vs diaz can still happen although unlikely, so its fun to analyze their skillsets.

This thread is about PRIME DIAZ.

I have no issue with Current Diaz vs Current Gaethje.

Apologies to the other panties I ruffled.

Fight on.

Book it Dana. The people need to know. Plus it sets up Diaz/McGregor 3 for the LW title if McGregor gets past Poirier

This is like the frog getting mad at the scorpion. Wasteland the entire website then. We chat about other people’s lives here to kill time and entertain ourselves, it is what it is.

There was a time when Prime vs Prime threads were all sent to the wasteland.

Same shit, different rules I guess.

It's nothing like the frog and scorpion but glad you were able to work it into a conversation.

Fight on.

bruh you know what I do when I see threads I have no interest in? I dont post in them or click on them. i.e. Most WMMA threads. Hypotheticals in sports talk happens all the time. What if Mario Lemieux wasn't always injured, what if Kwai Leonard stayed with the Raptors etc etc.

There was a time when Prime vs Prime threads were all sent to the wasteland.

Same shit, different rules I guess.

It's nothing like the frog and scorpion but glad you were able to work it into a conversation.

Its the nature of a forum to chat about nonsense, that’s the point. This is not a serious website.

bruh you know what I do when I see threads I have no interest in? I dont post in them or click on them. i.e. Most WMMA threads. Hypotheticals in sports talk happens all the time. What if Mario Lemieux wasn't always injured, what if Kwai Leonard stayed with the Raptors etc etc.

That’s my view as well. A sports forum is just an extension of the dumb sports conversations you have at the bar. Sports are a diversion, so to expect conversations about sports to stay in some arbitrary lane of reasonableness.....

TS has an argument. It doesn't make sense on paper but styles make fights. Justin isn't knocking Nate out and Nate has cardio for days. Even Conor lost once arguably twice to him.

Go watch Nate's fight with RDA and see how he got chopped down with leg kicks. Also, note the success that Cerrone, Henderson, Thomson and Conor (in the rematch) had with leg kicks.

Gaethje wins a wide decision or by late TKO.

Fight on.

"Prime Diaz" had less success than late career Diaz.

Yeah, he made it to a title fight, and absolutely got murdered by Henderson in what was the only clear win for Henderson during his entire title reign.

Last edited:
Good for you.

Here's a cookie.

Bye.

There actually used to be a rule on Sherdog banning "fantasy fight threads" from the big groups I think. Now the UFC discussion is full of it and the resulting inane arguments. Along with all the attention whoring for "likes" on here, it's contributed much to the decline of the forum and turning it in to just another twitter sideshow.

Gathje just destroyed Ferguson, who is similar to Nate.

Gathje's zone of car crash and leg kicks are enough to prevent their pressure game from wearing him down.

Diaz fans always talk about how they would hypothetical beat this top fighter and that top fighter. But they almost always lose whenever they fight a good fighter

Gaethje destroys Nate with leg kicks.

Back