Prime Nick Diaz beats Gaethje, tony and Conor

At welterweight possibly. Gaethje is way too small for welterweight. Conor couldn't handle Nick's baby brother, Ferguson can match him in size but yea I can see Nick taking that too

Yep. Prime Nick was a WW and Gaethje has no reason to move up. He's not even a big LW. The best fight I can imagine for prime Nick is current/Prime Masvidal. Nick was bigger and better than Nate, but how much better? That would be a great fight.

Yep. Prime Nick was a WW and Gaethje has no reason to move up. He's not even a big LW. The best fight I can imagine for prime Nick is current/Prime Masvidal. Nick was bigger and better than Nate, but how much better? That would be a great fight.

Nick fought at lw before and beat gomi one of the GOAT LWs.

Conor, yes.

But Gaethje and Tony would beat up that lead leg imo.

Prime Nick Diaz maybe a little smaller to make LW

- Stamina and Endurance and grappling to match ferguson
- good boxing, punches for days. Volume machine.
- Gaethje would quickly turn into a punching bag
- Conor would would leave in a stretcher at LW, in a body bag at WW.

I agree. He matchus up so well with these 3 guys imo.

Dude literally fought at MW.

what_the_hell_blazing_saddles.gif

At welterweight possibly. Gaethje is way too small for welterweight. Conor couldn't handle Nick's baby brother, Ferguson can match him in size but yea I can see Nick taking that too

Maybe I'm wrong, but I could also see Nick being able to goad Justin into Nick's type of fight too.

Nick fought at lw before and beat gomi one of the GOAT LWs.

I know that but I'm saying Nick was his best at WW. LW Nick had many losses and Gomi was no GOAT. BJ would've beaten Gomi during the time both were in their primes. Nick even managed to get ouboxed by tiny-armed Sean Sherk at LW.

Guys explain to me how a prime nick diaz who stuck out his chin, threw his hands up in there and completely taunted and clowned a guy like robbie lawler and knocked him out would lose to these guys.

Also Daley and Cyborg, both guys with massive power and good low kicks. In his hayday, Nick was like a virus - he just stayed on you and wouldn’t go away.

I can see him beat Tony and Conor, but I think Gaethje is stylistically is the hardest one. I think high volume type of strikers with less power are likely to have more problems with Gaethje. Nick would really have to force him to go a very hard pace for the whole fight to drown him. We've seen in the Tony fight that he can counter so well now that it can make fighters with higher cardio hesitant to to pressure him, plus he has a coach that can truly knows how to pace him properly. Plus those leg kicks...win or lose you can't deny that that's a fucking hard fight for Nick.

Cyborg got arm barred with a gorgeous set up I might add. Prime Diaz had better cardio than any of the aforementioned fighters, as well as better bjj. He was a pressure fighter with a Granite chin and smooth technical boxing. I’ve been in the gym with him and felt like I was drowning, and I’ve sparred against many elites including Nate and have rarely felt that way the guy had that “it” factor. His work ethic in the gym and during road work was a sight to behold.
Nobody ever calls Diaz boxing smooth or technical

i dont understand how this is a 'fantasy' match up since Nick is still in the USADA testing pool, has fought at lightweight before and is still signed with the UFC. I am not talking mighty house vs brock lesnar here.

Nobody ever calls Diaz boxing smooth or technical
He throws feints has a great jab, also works the body a ton to open up the head. Especially by MMA standards he has exceptional boxing. Outboxed a prime Daley and finished him outboxed a young but super dangerous Lawler..the Gomi fight was another barn burner but his jab helped break Gomi before it hit the mat for the gogo and Gomi was a LW world beater at the time... gtfoh.

He throws feints has a great jab, also works the body a ton to open up the head. Especially by MMA standards he has exceptional boxing. Outboxed a prime Daley and finished him outboxed a young but super dangerous Lawler..the Gomi fight was another barn burner but his jab helped break Gomi before it hit the mat for the gogo and Gomi was a LW world beater at the time... gtfoh.
Flat footed, tendency to wing his punches. He had better defense than Nate, but that's not saying much. Nick has always been described as unorthodox and at times awkward. Does it work for him? Yes it did, smooth and technical, nah.

Back