Prime pedro rizzo would be HW champ

tramendous

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Wins over Monsonx2, Arlovski, Barnett, coleman, Dan Severn. Robbed vs couture.

Most brutal hw kicker next to cro cop. Good cardio as well. Power in his hands and feet.

tumblr_nwb6zccjUk1r89qoso1_400.gif

tumblr_mwx5ieWpZw1s0kh4wo1_r2_400.gif

UglyExcellentCatfish-size_restricted.gif

PinkFastAlaskajingle-size_restricted.gif

4Puk.gif

tumblr_otw11q0WX31r7vh24o1_540.gif

If someone like Randleman can beat prime rizzo, then what makes you think he stands a chance against DC, Stipe,Overeem, Volkov, ngannou or Blaydes?
Either a shit troll or just plain dumb

Leg kicks from hell.
I remember when Mr Blue got carded then banned for fighting with Josh Barnett after his ko loss to Rizzo...old schoolers will remember lol.

If someone like Randleman can beat prime rizzo, then what makes you think he stands a chance against DC, stipe, ngannou or blades?

Shit happens bro. Daiju takase/ryo chonan outclassed anderson silva and then submitted him.

If someone like Randleman can beat prime rizzo, then what makes you think he stands a chance against DC, Stipe,Overeem, Volkov, ngannou or Blaydes?

Tf you mean "someone like Randleman"? Randleman was an athletic freak and one of the best wrestlers in MMA history. Prime Kevin rolls the majority of today's HWs as well

Shit happens bro. Daiju takase/ryo chonan outclassed anderson silva and then submitted him.
Then what about Matyushenko, Gan mcgee, and Roman Znetsov? Just because pedro is one of the old pioneer of mma doesn't mean that he's remotely close to someone like DC.

Tf you mean "someone like Randleman"? Randleman was an athletic freak and one of the best wrestlers in MMA history. Prime Kevin rolls the majority of today's HWs as well
Randleman was a middleweight with zero striking, shit cardio and shit ground game. Sure he's very athletic and has good wrestling but that doesn't change the fact that he's a journeymen level fighter.
And you're retarded if you think Randleman can crack the current top 10 ufc heavyweight.

Too true. The fight was also close
Then what about Matyushenko, Gan mcgee, and Roman Znetsov? Just because pedro is one of the old pioneer of mma doesn't mean that he's remotely close to someone like DC.

Roman zentsov got lucky.

What about Matyushenko,Randleman or Gan mcgee then? Just stop embarrassing yourself already.

Matyushenko and randleman were legit. Matyushenko beat lil nog. Randleman beat cro cop. Why you such a hater?

You telling me guys like overeem wouldnt get blasted by rizzo?

I agree. No one in current heavyweight even throws legs kicks. Its pathetic. Derrick Lewis kinda tries at least but thats it

Randleman was a middleweight with zero striking, shit cardio and shit ground game. Sure he's very athletic and has good wrestling but that doesn't change the fact that he's a journeymen level fighter.
And you're retarded if you think Randleman can crack the current top 10 ufc heavyweight.

Cool, Derrick lewis has ZERO cardio and a shit ground game too and he cracked top 3. Infact, I think a prime Randleman would decision black beast. And Randleman must have had some semblance of a ground game if he was able to stifle guys like Babalu and Bas Rutten for their entire fights.

Wins over Monsonx2, Arlovski, Barnett, coleman, Dan Severn. Robbed vs couture.

Most brutal hw kicker next to cro cop. Good cardio as well. Power in his hands and feet.

tumblr_nwb6zccjUk1r89qoso1_400.gif

not champ...but prime Hizzo would beat a lot of current ufc heavyweights

We need to put an end to this ridiculous thread now.

Rizzo had his time and came up short against mediocre competition compared to today's HWs. He was far too passive and OP probably forgot how boring his fights could be. Not to mention he didn't have a killer instinct. Before anyone points to Barnett, Barnett practically gave that fight away, he was trying to prove a point that his stand-up was better and paid dearly for it.

I love Rizzo, he was a fantastic counter striker with brutal let kicks especially for the heavyweight division. Sadly he had too many weaknesses.

He had his opportunity to redeem himself in the Randy rematch and completely blew it, actually looking worse than he did in the first fight. This was the beginning of the end for Rizzo.

Cool, Derrick lewis has ZERO cardio and a shit ground game too and he cracked top 3. Infact, I think a prime Randleman would decision black beast. And Randleman must have had some semblance of a ground game if he was able to stifle guys like Babalu and Bas Rutten for their entire fights.
Lmao, Randleman winning a decision over Lewis, yeah ok. Tom Erikson KTFO of Kevin, what do you think Lewis would do?

People need to wakeup and realize the sport has evolved and their favorite fighters from when the sport was still in its infancy could not compete with today's elite. While there may be an exception or two, Kevin Randleman is not an example!

Randeman obviously had some flaws... But he was still a beast!!

WearyObeseAzurevase-size_restricted.gif
tumblr_n0fn9eE0hD1sdqajoo1_400.gif

Fedor was just incredible!!

kevin_randleman_suplex.gif
rNoAM3Z.gif

20+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Kevin+Randleman_xvid_003.gif
hHJzu8Q.gif

Lmao, Randleman winning a decision over Lewis, yeah ok. Tom Erikson KTFO of Kevin, what do you think Lewis would do?

People need to wakeup and realize the sport has evolved and their favorite fighters from when the sport was still in its infancy could not compete with today's elite. While there may be an exception or two, Kevin Randleman is not an example!

The black bum got starched by fucking Shawn Jordan. What's your point? Randleman had one of the most explosive shots in history, once Lewis is on his back he's a fucking tortoise and gasses in half a round.

Today's heavyweight is a joke. Mid 2000s HW would run circles around the "new breed" with a few exceptions. The sport as a whole has evolved, but heavyweight and light heavyweight have never been weaker.

The black bum got starched by fucking Shawn Jordan. What's your point? Randleman had one of the most explosive shots in history, once Lewis is on his back he's a fucking tortoise and gasses in half a round.

Today's heavyweight is a joke. Mid 2000s HW would run circles around the "new breed" with a few exceptions. The sport as a whole has evolved, but heavyweight and light heavyweight have never been weaker.
While I agree with you that today's HWs as a whole compared to the HWs from mid 2000 are much weaker, I do have to disagree about Randleman beating black beast.
First of all, Randleman was jucied to the gills and was a small HW to begin with so he would most likely be fighting at 205 in today's era. I could possibly see Randleman getting Lewis down but honestly what is he gonna do with it? Kevin wasn't a finisher. Hell he had WW Sakuraba down for most of the fight and did absolutely nothing. What makes you think he would have anything to offer 6'3 265lb Lewis? Please explain how Kevin would won this fight.

While I agree with you that today's HWs as a whole compared to the HWs from mid 2000 are much weaker, I do have to disagree about Randleman beating black beast.
First of all, Randleman was jucied to the gills and was a small HW to begin with so he would most likely be fighting at 205 in today's era. I could possibly see Randleman getting Lewis down but honestly what is he gonna do with it? Kevin wasn't a finisher. Hell he had WW Sakuraba down for most of the fight and did absolutely nothing. What makes you think he would have anything to offer 6'3 265lb Lewis? Please explain how Kevin would won this fight.

HW though has really lacked much in the way of quality wrestling in recent years, you look at Lewis's career and DC was arguably the first time he faced a quality wrestler. Not like the late 90's and early 00's were you had Randleman, Coleman, Kerr, Randy and Tom Erikson around.

Equally Randlemans rep as not being a finisher came against guys like Bas, Rizzo, Saku etc who are far from easy to threaten on the ground, I don't think that means he couldn't threaten Black Beast, especially if Lewis was gassed.

As far as Rizzo goes I don't think wrestling would be an issue bar DC and maybe Cain(who knows what he's like now), moreso I'd say that whilst eh was definitely dangerous he wasn't really dominant standing, not on the level of guys like Fedor, Crocop, Sergei, etc from that era. I think he could threaten anyone at HW today but especially I think he's take a few loses as well. SO yeah I think he potentially could be champ on a good run with a bit of luck but no he wouldn't be a dominant champ IMHO, gets 2-3 wins and the belt then probably lose it.

Last edited:
Back