Prime Sonnen vs Israel

How do you know?

And Izzy has very underrated scrambles as well. Who managed to hold him down so far?

I know he improved but he showed several sloppy moves in the wrestling department against Vettori, the kind of flaws I didn't see in Bisping and much less Okami, against more skilled wrestlers than Vettori

It’s hard to tell..

Andy is better off his back than izzy, BUT izzy is harder to take down..

If chael can repeatedly take izzy down then obviously he probably wins as I doubt Adesanya pulls off a miracle triangle like andy did. I’m not sure if chael could repeatedly take him down tho, I think izzy would do very well defending the TD and turn it into a striking match which he obviously wins.

Chael has one of the most underrated chins in MMA history imo. Although he quit more times than you can count, the guy was literally never knocked unconscious once. Was finished by Jones, Anderson & Fedor without going out lol.

Sonnen UD by hard nippled PED double legs

At his peak Sonnen was a beast, and Izzy hasn't show that he has a legit world class ground game like Maia or Silva did.

It's likely that Chael's pace and willingness to grapple sees him clinch with Izzy and get him down at some point, and then it becomes a beatdown. People forget Andy had one of the best defensive guards ever, completely stifling guys like DC and Hendo from doing damage or advancing position. Costa and Whittaker had plenty of moments to clinch izzy, it just wasn't their style and they weren't willing.

Izzy doesn't have the power, chin, clinch game, or speed that Andy had. Chael would be able to walk him down a lot easier. Maybe izzy could survive and find a TKO late but people forget Sonnen has wins over Bisping, Shogun, Stann, Marquardt, and Okami. from 2008-2013(aside from the Rashad fight), the only men to beat Chael were either GOATS of their respective divisions (Silva, Jones), or a GOAT tier MMA grappler (Maia).
Anderson was submitted twice by his 20th pro fight and he had no TDD. Izzy has never been submitted and has an amazing TDD. What makes you think Anderson is the better grappler?

Izzy never has been KOed in MMA? Why do you think his chin is worse than Silva’s, who has been in KOed both in MMA and boxing?

How can you tell who is faster? Robert Whittaker probably is faster than anyone Silva fought and he was at a major speed disadvantage with Izzy.

Yoel Romero might be the most powerful MW ever. He couldn’t finish Rob and Costa. And Izzy finished both. What makes you think Andy has more power?

Derek Brunson outwrestled Yoel, but couldn’t take down Izzy and got TKOed. Mostly likely Izzy would’ve done the same to Chael

Prime Anderson > Adesanya. It's not terribly close. Anderson was also much better off his back. Chael-Adedanya would look like Chael-Anderson I minus the last 3 minutes.

Pre-USADA Chael probably wins. At worst, it looks like Izzy vs Vettori, considering Izzy's gotten better since then and could cancel out Chael more. But still. Chael was good at his thing.

Prime Bisping would beat Izzy.
Adesanya beats prime Silva and Bisping on the same night, back-to-back without breaking much of a sweat.

Anderson was submitted twice by his 20th pro fight and he had no TDD. Izzy has never been submitted and has an amazing TDD. What makes you think Anderson is the better grappler?

Izzy never has been KOed in MMA? Why do you think his chin is worse than Silva’s, who has been in KOed both in MMA and boxing?

How can you tell who is faster? Robert Whittaker probably is faster than anyone Silva fought and he was at a major speed disadvantage with Izzy.

Yoel Romero might be the most powerful MW ever. He couldn’t finish Rob and Costa. And Izzy finished both. What makes you think Andy has more power?

Derek Brunson outwrestled Yoel, but couldn’t take down Izzy and got TKOed. Mostly likely Izzy would’ve done the same to Chael

If you don't want to acknowledge improvement in Silva or Yoel through their careers I remind you that we all saw Vettori vs Israel and the very sloppy wrestling displayed by Adesanya in there

Chael via spinning back elbow, followed by "Woah big fella".

SONNEN-oops.gif

vlYwm5.gif

xvwQMr.gif

People saying roided Chael was a beast, roided Chael still lost LMAO.

If you don't want to acknowledge improvement in Silva or Yoel through their careers I remind you that we all saw Vettori vs Israel and the very sloppy wrestling displayed by Adesanya in there
It isn’t really about Silva or Yoel. They were simply reference points. Nothing indicates Chael would be successful against Izzy. Izzy has amazing movement, great TDD and he’s one of the best counterpunchers of all time. Chael would be chasing him around the octagon, getting clipped all the time and TKOed early. His striking is far worse than Whittaker’s or Costa’s. He would look like Brunson did against Izzy

It isn’t really about Silva or Yoel. They were simply reference points. Nothing indicates Chael would be successful against Izzy. Izzy has amazing movement, great TDD and he’s one of the best counterpunchers of all time. Chael would be chasing him around the octagon, getting clipped all the time and TKOed early. His striking is far worse than Whittaker’s or Costa’s. He would look like Brunson did against Izzy

As I told you we also have Vettori as a reference point. Chael is not Marvin

We saw this fight. Chael dominated the whole fight and then lost to a last second submission.

I know he improved but he showed several sloppy moves in the wrestling department against Vettori, the kind of flaws I didn't see in Bisping and much less Okami, against more skilled wrestlers than Vettori

Wasn't Vettori Izzy's first ufc fight?

Back