Prime Sonnen vs Israel

2nd in UFC. Less than 3 years ago. 6 years into his pro career.

So fighters can't improve in 3 years? Especially at the top of the sport when they have the best trainers available? You are clinging to that one fight. Since then he has popped right back up every times he was taken down, of just plain stuffed it.

So fighters can't improve in 3 years? Especially at the top of the sport when they have the best trainers available? You are clinging to that one fight. Since then he has popped right back up every times he was taken down, of just plain stuffed it.

True. But we are in a thread about a fantasy match up vs Chael Sonnen. And he has not faced anybody the caliber of MMA wrestler Sonnen was

Says the clown who’s acting like me getting a double yellow card is some kind of big deal.

Did you actually took it that way? Like a big deal? You are more Asperger than I expected. It was just trolling, sissy

True. But we are in a thread about a fantasy match up vs Chael Sonnen. And he has not faced anybody the caliber of MMA wrestler Sonnen was

Funny that you mention "mma" wrestler because you know he fought a better wrestler in Romero and he failed his 3 takedown attempts. Gastelum went 1 for 9 with his takedown attempts.

But hey that old fight against Vettori is all that matters right?

I think that unlike Silva, Adesanya has the ability to scramble to his feet and that even though Sonnen could score a few takedowns it wouldn't mean he'd be stuck on the bottom til the end of the round like Silva. Not to mention that Sonnen would need to work a lot harder to score a takedown on Izzy to begin with.

Funny that you mention "mma" wrestler because you know he fought a better wrestler in Romero and he failed his 3 takedown attempts. Gastelum went 1 for 9 with his takedown attempts.

But hey that old fight against Vettori is all that matters right?

I think that unlike Silva, Adesanya has the ability to scramble to his feet and that even though Sonnen could score a few takedowns it wouldn't mean he'd be stuck on the bottom til the end of the round like Silva. Not to mention that Sonnen would need to work a lot harder to score a takedown on Izzy to begin with.

Why do you find that funny?
Of course Romero is not the wrestler Sonnen was in MMA. Saying otherwise based on freestyle wrestling accomplishments from 20 years ago is extremely stupid.

I agree Israel would be the favourite. Just saying that he has not faced the kind of TD threat Sonnen was, and I think it would give him some problems.

Adesanya beats prime Silva and Bisping on the same night, back-to-back without breaking much of a sweat.
You can't take a man out of his time, so Izzy might beat Bisping, for example, cause of calf kicks which were foreign to his era. But prime Mike upgraded to 2021 thinking beats Izzy, in my opinion. At the same time, same old PED version of Chael would double blast Izzy no problem and either hold him there or sub him.

Why do you find that funny?
Of course Romero is not the wrestler Sonnen was in MMA. Saying otherwise based on freestyle wrestling accomplishments from 20 years ago is extremely stupid.

I agree Israel would be the favourite. Just saying that he has not faced the kind of TD threat Sonnen was, and I think it would give him some problems.

I think Sonnen vs Izzy would look like Sonnen vs Silva II where Sonnen took him down in the first but then got stuffed in the second. Silva worked a lot on his TDD after the first fight.

Did you actually took it that way? Like a big deal? You are more Asperger than I expected. It was just trolling, sissy

You’re the one who’s getting all up in your feelings that I said Chael is garbage and saying I’m going to get a double yellow like some kind of threat you fucking clown lmao

I couldn’t care less about a double yellow or whatever the fuck else lol

You’re the one who’s getting all up in your feelings that I said Chael is garbage and saying I’m going to get a double yellow like some kind of threat you fucking clown lmao

I couldn’t care less about a double yellow or whatever the fuck else lol

Nobody expect you to care, Asperger. It's called trolling. Sonnen is no champion but definitely not garbage. Get a clue so you won't get trolled and double yellowed :eek:

Keep ignoring the wrestling flaws displayed by Adesanya in that fight while parroting about his "excellent TDD"
Izzy has better TDD than Anderson.

A1480446-1A02-41A0-B048-4A5E1228C25D.jpeg 0CEDADEA-E167-4A8C-8D8F-4E39D96C7B95.jpeg

The reason Marvin had success wrestling Izzy, is that he can mix it up an close the distance with his striking. Chael is way worse with his striking and most likely wouldn’t get close to Izzy

You can't take a man out of his time, so Izzy might beat Bisping, for example, cause of calf kicks which were foreign to his era. But prime Mike upgraded to 2021 thinking beats Izzy, in my opinion. At the same time, same old PED version of Chael would double blast Izzy no problem and either hold him there or sub him.
Bisping was a mediocre striker whose only notable trait was his volume; he'd get picked apart and slept.

Izzy's dealt with much better wrestlers and fighters than Chael; his takedown defense is much better than Anderson's.

Nobody expect you to care, Asperger. It's called trolling. Sonnen is no champion but definitely not garbage. Get a clue so you won't get trolled and double yellowed :eek:

Why would you tell me that I’m going to get double yellowed if you expected me not to care you dumb cunt?

That’s trolling to you? Lol Not something you do often I take it? Bless your heart.

Sonnen is total garbage. 0 wins over elite level opposition. Barely any over top level opposition in general.

Why would you tell me that I’m going to get double yellowed if you expected me not to care you dumb cunt?

That’s trolling to you? Lol Not something you do often I take it? Bless your heart.

Sonnen is total garbage. 0 wins over elite level opposition. Barely any over top level opposition in general.

Are you trying to discuss seriously saying Sonnen wasnt an elite fighter or are you trolling? Or your severe Asperger doesnt allow you to disinguish?

Bisping was a mediocre striker whose only notable trait was his volume; he'd get picked apart and slept.

Izzy's dealt with much better wrestlers and fighters than Chael; his takedown defense is much better than Anderson's.

Excellent analysis by this sherbro who joined on Sunday and pretend to know what is he talking about. Are you from the same club than standout Asperger @PanicWrassler?

Izzy has better TDD than Anderson.

View attachment 837417 View attachment 837418

The reason Marvin had success wrestling Izzy, is that he can mix it up an close the distance with his striking. Chael is way worse with his striking and most likely wouldn’t get close to Izzy

Dude you will need to step up from that nerd - and empty - approach of TDD% without any further analysis behind it.

Marvin Vettori was just coming off a draw with Omari Akhmedov when he faced Israel and you pretend to sell that he was a superior, more evolved fighter than prime Chael Sonnen who gave Anderson Silva all he could handle?

Are you trying to discuss seriously saying Sonnen wasnt an elite fighter or are you trolling? Or your severe Asperger doesnt allow you to disinguish?

I wouldn’t expect you to know considering you’ve called what you’re doing in this thread trolling you daft prick lol

Chael Sonnen was GARBAGE. That’s my opinion. End of story.

I’m sorry this seems to offend you. Honestly, it’s not that serious.

What isn’t an opinion is the fact that he beat zero elite fighters in his career.

I wouldn’t expect you to know considering you’ve called what you’re doing in this thread trolling you daft prick lol

What isn’t an opinion is the fact that he beat zero elite fighters in his career.

He did beat plenty of elite fighters. That's why he fought for gold in UFC and WEC several times. Those are indeed facts.

Dude you are in a mma forum pretending you know when you don't, and calling your illiterate opinion "facts". Why are you doing this? Empty life? Double yellow is coming, Asperger.

This man speaks the truth

Chael was indeed garbage, and proof that Anderson Silva was overrated and nowhere near as good as Izzy.

What say you @pankrat @Herwald ?

Back