Prime vs prime AT HW tournement

stuff jones

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Say in an alternate universe the following ten fighters, all in their primes, fight in 100 tournaments vs each other (accruing no damage and with different seedings each tournament), how many tournaments does each guy win?

Louis
Liston
Ali
Foreman
Holmes
Tyson
Holyfield
Lewis
Klitschko
Fury

That list could use Marciano and the other Klit

I like that that you excluded Kubrat Pulev as that would be pretty unfair to the rest. He's too good.

I think that Larry Holmes would come out on top, which maybe shocking to some, but not to me.

Rummy made a good video on it:

I also agree with him that Frazier vs. Tyson is a hard fight to predict. One boxer was dangerous early on, the other boxer got better as the fight went on.

Say in an alternate universe the following ten fighters, all in their primes, fight in 100 tournaments vs each other (accruing no damage and with different seedings each tournament), how many tournaments does each guy win?

Louis
Liston
Ali
Foreman
Holmes
Tyson
Holyfield
Lewis
Klitschko
Fury

Where are Pulev and AJ?

Shit list buddy.

Based on each matchup I can see foreman doing well here.

Invalid, too many weight bullies, half the field is disqualified in the first round.

Ali has the fewest weaknesses and bad matchups. The only guy on that list I'd pick over Ali would be Holyfield--while holyfield would get KTFO by half the field.

I think Lewis might win the most when you factor in how he matches up against a variety of styles. Ali would be up there, too.

Need 16 or 8 entrants. The list requires byes.

Ali has the fewest weaknesses and bad matchups. The only guy on that list I'd pick over Ali would be Holyfield--while holyfield would get KTFO by half the field.

Ali has the fewest weaknesses? This couldn't be further from the truth.

Evander wouldn't be able to move with Ali,... Ali was consistent with his jab unlike Riddick Bowe,.. and therefore Evander would fail to get Ali into those close-range brawls that he loved.
116-112 UD for Ali.

Need 16 or 8 entrants. The list requires byes.
No, dude. It's an alternate universe where they don't accrue damage and fight the same tournament 100x's, aw hell, let's go all the way, 1000x's, you just put the top seeds against Charles Martin 6xs which is the same as a bye, then the tournament works out.

Louis
Liston
Ali
Foreman
Holmes
Tyson
Holyfield
Lewis
Klitschko
Fury
Martin
Martin
Martin
Martin
Martin
Martin

See? Fixed.
Also the tournament includes battle royales, texas death matches and the judges are kept in a special forcefield time capsule that prevents them from aging, so they can live through all 1000 tournaments and bonus rounds, since they don't get to drink the same matrix serum that allows the fighters to be immortal and take what would normally be life changing beatings forever until the festivities are over and they are put back into the time machine space ship and returned to their homeworld, except for Fury who's spaceship tragically crashes into the sun

No, dude. It's an alternate universe where they don't accrue damage and fight the same tournament 100x's, aw hell, let's go all the way, 1000x's, you just put the top seeds against Charles Martin 6xs which is the same as a bye, then the tournament works out.

Louis
Liston
Ali
Foreman
Holmes
Tyson
Holyfield
Lewis
Klitschko
Fury
Martin
Martin
Martin
Martin
Martin
Martin

See? Fixed.
Also the tournament includes battle royales, texas death matches and the judges are kept in a special forcefield time capsule that prevents them from aging, so they can live through all 1000 tournaments and bonus rounds, since they don't get to drink the same matrix serum that allows the fighters to be immortal and take what would normally be life changing beatings forever until the festivities are over and they are put back into the time machine space ship and returned to their homeworld, except for Fury who's spaceship tragically crashes into the sun

Oh, thanks!

Bruce Seldon via physique.

I’d have to see the brackets because styles make fights ..... I’d Expect Lewis , Ali and Holmes to do well

Ali vs Fury
Louis vs Tyson
Lewis vs Liston
Foreman vs Vitali
Holmes vs Bowe
Holyfield vs Dempsey
Frazier vs Walcott
Rocky vs wlad

This would make a fun tournament imo

Depends how they are matched along the way. Some guys have high peaks but aren't consistent. Both of these things affect how this would play out.

Anyway, it's really hard to pick against Ali on his best night.

Back