Prime Yushin Okami vs Yoel Romero, 3 rounds.

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Okami was quite the force at MW, a few years ago. A fight with Romero would've been quite interesting IMO. Okami was quite physically strong and would've held his own in the grappling exchanges.

I think Romero would get the KO/TKO in the 3rd with a big strike and follow up punches.

Okami was quite the force at MW, a few years ago. A fight with Romero would've been quite interesting IMO. Okami was quite physically strong and would've held his own in the grappling exchanges.

I think Romero would get the KO/TKO in the 3rd with a big strike and follow up punches.

Chael Sonnen grappledfucked him. Wonder what Romero would do.

Yushin is the perfect opponent to be KO'ed by vintage third round ROmero. Just go watch his fights with Boetsch and Lombard.

Chael Sonnen grappledfucked him. Wonder what Romero would do.

Romero doesn't grapplefuck.
Sometimes he has no plan at all.
He's been winning because he's a gifted athlete but he'll lose soon.

He was in deep shit w Jacare if that fight continued.
He was in deep shit w Kennedy.
He was getting dominated by Brunson.

I always liked Okami, but against Yoel Romero, he will be carried out of the octagon horizontally.

Against Tim Kennedy, he was also seriously fucked at the end of the 2nd round.

Yoel gets taken down pretty often by lesser grapplers, but he never spends much time there. Keeping guys on the ground and beating them up was Yushin's specialty so I think he'd have a decent chance. And he'd have the height/size advantage.

Prime okami vs prime rickson

Prime Okami was dominated both on the feet and ground by Chael, Romero KOs him in the first round.

Romero got dominated by Brunson?

lol.

Romero would kill him. Maybe even literally.

souza-okami.gif

It'd look something like that, only more brutal.

I don't care who you pick to face Romero, I am picking Romero to mash the fu*k out of.

Prime Okami vs Yoel already happened.
It was Ronny Markes vs Yoel. Pretty much the same fight. Markes had/has a game pretty damn similar to Okami. He got Yoel down a couple times, held his own for a few, but was eventually hurt and not allowed to recover.

Sea level Romero , pre USADA Romero ,tainted supplements Romero, stool Romero ,... ???

You'll have to be more specific for me to throw in the opinions

Back