Prince ( Purple Rain) Vs Bruce Springsteen (Born In The USA)

Better album

• Total voters
Prince was so damn good, even Michael Jackson couldn't help but name his son after the legend.

Springsteen is one of my all time favorites
Easy vote

if Darkness was going up against Purple Rain I'd have chosen Darkness but since it was Born in the USA I chose Purple Rain

Born in the USA is great but Purple Rain is a masterpiece.

Purple Rain, I prefer sad Bruce to bombastic Bruce (see Nebraska)

Dance included?

Gotta go with Prince on this one. Don't care much for American propaganda and patriotism that Bruce spits in BITUSA.

Are you trolling? Born in the USA is about the hopeless situation of a Vietnam war veteran returning from the war to a no future situation:

"Born down in a dead man's town,
the first kick I took was when I hit the ground
You end up like a dog that's been beat too much
'Til you spend half your life just covering up

Born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.
Born in the U.S.A."

It's the literal opposite of a patriotic propaganda song, the chorus is a cry of frustration.

Prince easily.
Will give props to Bruce for outperforming a dude on that dudes song.

Bob Dylan's son got sonned by Bruce.

Gotta go with The Boss. Never got way into Prince; talented musician, but his songs just weren't my bag.

At the time Bruce was probably bigger. After Purple Rain died down was when many people started to realize how incredible Prince was. He didn't just play a bunch of instruments, he was self-taught on many of them. He wrote so many hits that he created entire bands to record and release some of his material (Sheila E, The Time etc.). Bruce was great but basically a one-trick pony while Prince owned it in many genres. Just brilliant.

Prince is the last artist who had an artistic impact on pop culture with his string of classic albums between 1980-1988.

Even though Prince is dead, he ain't done yet. I think we're going to get many unreleased tracks in the future.

This came out last month and it's a banger.

Back