Proof that Rocky Marcianos best rivals were stronger than Mike Tysons

Well no because Tyson would have walked through all of Marciano's opponents much more easily so you can't say they were tougher opponents. A better record maybe but they would have had shit records as HW's today. So Tyson's opposition was better if you are comparing who would actually win in a fight.
are you serious? you do understand modern fighters cut weight don't you. no way marciano would fight at heavyweight these days.
You are comparing the same weight division but many decades apart, not my issue that the average weight has got much higher. Yeah RJJ is probably the most talented boxer to ever lace up gloves and I'd pick him over Marciano too.
rjj is one of the few people that weighed the same as marciano that i would give a chance, against him.

Some of the names on Rocky Marciano’s win resume are just incredible. My issue though is so many of them were past their prime when Marciano fought them

I think Marciano and Tyson are both top 5 all time great HW. I don’t know which I’d put over the other. I’d rate neither higher than Ali or Louis but they’re right behind. Maybe Foreman at #3 and Tyson/Marciano 4/5

Larry Holmes #6

Well, Marciano was far shorter than his opponents, plus lighter and with shorter hands. Out of prime or not, to reach them was hard task for him, so he liked close range.
For Ali was easier, cos despite lighter than majority of his opponents, he had long reach range .... in comparision to Rocky Ali was large!

Some of the names on Rocky Marciano’s win resume are just incredible. My issue though is so many of them were past their prime when Marciano fought them

I think Marciano and Tyson are both top 5 all time great HW. I don’t know which I’d put over the other. I’d rate neither higher than Ali or Louis but they’re right behind. Maybe Foreman at #3 and Tyson/Marciano 4/5

Larry Holmes #6

Tysons best win IMO was Frank Bruno. Not a "great" boxer but a very dangerous one and no doubt someone who would beat most of Marcianos opponents.
Tyson/Ronneys best opponent at the time he fought him was probably Tucker. That's pretty much it. That opposition record does not hold up very well in history.

To his credit, Tyson never had a bad match in his prime and won most rounds, unlike Lewis...

Jesus. Mike Tyson past his prime at age 23 1/2. That’s some funny shit.

Holmes beats Marciano. There, I said it.

Actually if you take Tyson's wins exclusively, yes, Rocky has a better resume.

if your willing to back warde over marciano i think your looney. also i think you should watch mathis vs frazier. are you aware that louis flattened quite a few guys that weighted 265 and could fight.
Marciano was a clumsy brute, Ward would box the shit out of him. In fact I'd like to know other's opinions on the matter so I might start a thread on it.

Larry Holmes #6
Tyson is barely a top 15 HW all time and was only the 3rd best HW of his own era.

Marciano was a clumsy brute, Ward would box the shit out of him. In fact I'd like to know other's opinions on the matter so I might start a thread on it.
many tried but failed. ezzard charles was like a ward but with firepower.

if you really think that you should watch the way he sets walcott up for the uppercut in their second match.

Here's another where Wilder sends for champion Liakovich into convulsions:

Jesus. Mike Tyson past his prime at age 23 1/2. That’s some funny shit.

Holmes beats Marciano. There, I said it.
of course holmes beats marciano. larry holmes is propably the most underrated heavyweight ever. not to mention the ridiculous size and reach advantage he would have on marciano. that being said i still think marciano is better p4p.

Back