Proposal: Instead of Like tracking, Implementation of post based like/dislike would be much better

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many other forums have this option. They don't track the overall votes or likes, but only count the overall post number that's it. While coming into the acceptance of posts They have implemented emojis as a voting system. It's post by post basis.

For example this is from Macrumours voting system

Screenshot (3).png Screenshot (3).png

So you can see the acceptance of a post in context of topic. It prohibits like whoring & other unnecessary posts while also encourages posters into making more meaningful posts.

Many other forums haVE this option. They don't track the overall votes or likes, but only count the overall post number that's it. While coming into the acceptance of posts They have implemented emojis as a voting system. It's post by post basis.

For example this is from Macrumours voting system

View attachment 772230 View attachment 772230

So you can see the acceptance of a post in context of topic. It prohibits like whoring & other unnecessary posts while also encourages posters into making more meaningful posts.
Is it trolling if I “like” this post?

I’ll move this to our “support” forum so it’s more visible to our staff.

My suggestion: Remove the like button and replace it with dislike. Also get rid of friend requests and change it to fight request with the location added as a note

tenor.gif

Do you wanna be a fucking ultimate liker?!!

Is it trolling if I “like” this post?

I’ll move this to our “support” forum so it’s more visible to our staff.

Thanks man , BTW they somehow have implemented a dislike system as well, Which somehow is only limited to their articles; didn't make it for the forum threads. Would love it if maintainers of this forum can implement a dislike button like this as well.,

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    159.7 KB · Views: 3
Does Sherdog have even the slightest clue of the amount of depression they have initiated in one fell swoop?

Oh I’m posting in Support.

Whoops. Jk mods

Lol you guys just dont get it. You dont stop the like whores you just make the likes more valuable.

Thanks man , BTW they somehow have implemented a dislike system as well, Which somehow is only limited to their articles; didn't make it for the forum threads. Would love it if maintainers of this forum can implement a dislike button like this as well.,
The dislike thing I can tell you has been brought up, and while it might work for some sub forums where the only real issue is blatant trolling, other sub forums like the war room would really suffer because the nature of the sub forum is controversial and somewhat heated in nature. Having dislikes threatens the discourse in that sub forum and creates the possibility of users teaming up to “neg” certain posters to intentionally harm their credibility.

They are dumb issues, but they are very real issues, and on a forum like this it’s probably an option best left unexplored, which seems to be the current consensus.

The dislike thing I can tell you has been brought up, and while it might work for some sub forums where the only real issue is blatant trolling, other sub forums like the war room would really suffer because the nature of the sub forum is controversial and somewhat heated in nature. Having dislikes threatens the discourse in that sub forum and creates the possibility of users teaming up to “neg” certain posters to intentionally harm their credibility.

They are dumb issues, but they are very real issues, and on a forum like this it’s probably an option best left unexplored, which seems to be the current consensus.

I know & I can guess how it could hamper it's free flowing discussion nature ( I post there occasionally). Can it be not like flair system like the flairs that's available on Warroom is not available on main forum & vice-verse? Also you can delete your post on main sub-forums, but can't on warrooms. I think distinguishable features from subforum to sub forum can exist.

Is it possible to implement something like Disqus (the comment tool on the articles here), where there are both upvotes and downvotes, but you're only shown the total if it's not negative?

Back