Protect yourself at all times brothers.

At first it is brutal but the hands get used to it after a little bit. The worst is in the winter from the mortar and getting dry cracks under fingernails
Getting on a site that was nothing but 12" blocks made me want to cry. All day grip training.

Getting on a site that was nothing but 12" blocks made me want to cry. All day grip training.
Yall probably like a masseuse with hands having grip endurance. After the flood I had to build up 52inches in dirt with (2) 80ft chain walls. The block company dropped off 6 pallets in the wrong spot, had to move them twice by hand. They were sore for days.

Yall probably like a masseuse with hands having grip endurance. After the flood I had to build up 52inches in dirt with (2) 80ft chain walls. The block company dropped off 6 pallets in the wrong spot, had to move them twice by hand. They were sore for days.
I think block companies do that to troll. Unless we were there to tell them where to put the pallets they just dropped them anywhere.

I think block companies do that to troll. Unless we were there to tell them where to put the pallets they just dropped them anywhere.
Had to call and inform them that he drove the piggy back truck to the back of my acre and did a 5 point turn around in the wet grass then proceeded to run over the septic tank breaking the pipes. They said oh ok, the delivery is free then.

Had to call and inform them that he drove the piggy back truck to the back of my acre and did a 5 point turn around in the wet grass then proceeded to run over the septic tank breaking the pipes. They said oh ok, the delivery is free then.
<TheWire1>

Chasing PRs won't cause injury. Poor form while doing so will.*

*The vast majority of the time, for most healthy individuals.
Even poor form when warming up will.

Hence I am ALWAYS hurting my lower back during deadlifts and squats during my warm up

Yeah I'm all about the proper warm up. Little bit of a jog, bike, rower or ski erg for a few mins, foam roll some bits, then a bit of prep from the ground up. Then whatever lift, a couple of sets of a few reps at lighter weight first

I feel your pain TS. 44 years old now and have been training since my dad first let me lift weights at 13. 2 herniated discs, L4/L5 when i was 30 from heavy bent rows, L5/S1 from heavy deads when i was 40. Saw the same surgeon 10 years apart. Thankfully he said surgery wasn't needed but was told to pick and choose my battles carefuly. Essentially you're never the same after certain injuries, try as we might to build up the areas with mobility and strength routines.

What i've found super helpful the last 4 years has been yoga. 5-7 days a week i get on my mat and watch various YouTube videos and work on mobility. It's helped tremendously with bracing my core for lifts and overall mobility. Im still no where near as flexible or nimble as i'd like to be yet i'm getting way less aches and pains than i used to.

My gym warm ups are 10-15 mins long and i make sure to start very light on all lifts no matter the body part. I have no issues doing the bar for the first 2 sets on bench. My gym recently added a reverse hyper and i use that 3-4 times a week and always before legs or back. I dont worry so much about my poundages any more and im just happy to still be strong and doing what i love in the gym!

I feel your pain TS. 44 years old now and have been training since my dad first let me lift weights at 13. 2 herniated discs, L4/L5 when i was 30 from heavy bent rows, L5/S1 from heavy deads when i was 40. Saw the same surgeon 10 years apart. Thankfully he said surgery wasn't needed but was told to pick and choose my battles carefuly. Essentially you're never the same after certain injuries, try as we might to build up the areas with mobility and strength routines.

What i've found super helpful the last 4 years has been yoga. 5-7 days a week i get on my mat and watch various YouTube videos and work on mobility. It's helped tremendously with bracing my core for lifts and overall mobility. Im still no where near as flexible or nimble as i'd like to be yet i'm getting way less aches and pains than i used to.

My gym warm ups are 10-15 mins long and i make sure to start very light on all lifts no matter the body part. I have no issues doing the bar for the first 2 sets on bench. My gym recently added a reverse hyper and i use that 3-4 times a week and always before legs or back. I dont worry so much about my poundages any more and im just happy to still be strong and doing what i love in the gym!
I'm trying to implement more yoga into my routine. Any time I've done it I enjoy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back