PS5 announced for 2020 Holiday Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumor is Microsoft has two consoles, the Anaconda (Series X) and the Lockhart. The latter would have around 4 teraflops of firepower, less than the One X, but it would support everything the Series X will.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

This rumor exists for Sony as well.

Last edited:
The rumor is Microsoft has two consoles, the Anaconda (Series X) and the Lockhart. The latter would have around 4 teraflops of firepower, less than the One X, but it would support everything the Series X will.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

This rumor exists for Sony as well.
If they can release that Lockhart for $250, or better yet $199-$229, they might have a winner. I can't imagine how they'll swing that. We're not talking about a 5-year-old ARM SoC like the Tegra X in the Switch or the 7-year-old custom AMD hardware of the original XB1 & PS4. There just can't be that much fat on the Bill of Manufacturing. They'd have to sell it at a steep loss.

Also, unlike the Switch, similar to the original XB1 currently, it will be hurt by the awareness of the consumer that there exists an alternative, superior rendition. The psychology at stake will be the prospective customer feeling like they're going to get the "cheapo" experience.

3 models would be retarded.

People like things simple, making people have to learn about 3 different models, or just buying a playstation, people are going for the playstation.

Not necessarily. I can see some method to the madness, as they try to grab a piece of each market and want all their bases covered from casuals who don't want to spend a fortune on a machine, to the people willing to pay for the best. It's basically what they already do, but they would roll it out all at once. If they had an XBox X, that was $100 less than a standard PS5, it could cut into their initial profits, since both companies won't have much at launch other than the machines and some basic launch titles.

It could also easily backfire though, and just confuse people like you said.

3 models would be retarded.

People like things simple, making people have to learn about 3 different models, or just buying a playstation, people are going for the playstation.

I feel like having options is not a bad thing. You want performance? Will be around $500. Want to get into the new generation of gaming but don't want to spend $500? $250/$300 might be a sweet spot for those people, new gamers and parents who can't afford to spend half a g on gaming.

They can also release "digital only" consoles with out a disk drive that will take a chunk off the price. They've done this with Xbox One S.

This is the best way to get more people into your system. People may want simple but if they can't afford $1200 for the new iPhone, Apple would be dumb to entirely leave them out.

Just read this rumor. No idea how true it is. I still remember the PS4 HDMI issue that turned out to be nothing.

https://t.co/geUAsE4oBB

The original source was from a YT comment and the guy got called out by Jason Schreier as a person with a "long history of tweeting about how playstation is doomed" linked some tweets, and now the guy has his tweets private.

Looks like just a case of fanboys chomping at the bit as of now.

The original source was from a YT comment and the guy got called out by Jason Schreier as a person with a "long history of tweeting about how playstation is doomed" linked some tweets, and now the guy has his tweets private.

Looks like just a case of fanboys chomping at the bit as of now.

I just checked out all the details of the rumor, and there's one thing that really adds to the rumor's credibility -

The PS4's cooling fan is absolute shit, and they had a second shot at fixing that problem with the PS4Pro, but apparently Sony doesn't perceive it as a problem.

Apparently Sony thinks everyone wants their console to sound like a jet engine, and blow out heat out the back like a jet engine.

Anyway, there's VERY few things that could make me turn from Sony and run back to Microsoft, but if the PS5 has heating issues leading to 'burning out' I will be looking VERY closely at picking up a XBX instead.

I just checked out all the details of the rumor, and there's one thing that really adds to the rumor's credibility -

The PS4's cooling fan is absolute shit, and they had a second shot at fixing that problem with the PS4Pro, but apparently Sony doesn't perceive it as a problem.

Apparently Sony thinks everyone wants their console to sound like a jet engine, and blow out heat out the back like a jet engine.

Anyway, there's VERY few things that could make me turn from Sony and run back to Microsoft, but if the PS5 has heating issues leading to 'burning out' I will be looking VERY closely at picking up a XBX instead.

no they knew it was a problem they mentioned it during their dev talk.

Haptic feedback sounds cool but that poor battery lol.

IMO, the PS4 controller is perfect - battery issues aside. The shape, feel, and weight are all perfect.

But this PS5 controller? My first impression based purely on the few released photos - I don't like it.

That said, perhaps I'll change my opinion once I hold one.

Not feeling that controller. Wish they would have made the handles bigger like the Xbox 1 controller, which is my favorite controller ever.

built in mic, do not want. also looks like the ds4 back button gizmo won't fit this controller.

i'll wait and see what comes out a year or so after launch, when there's some decent games

Controller looks good. Would prefer not to have white though.

While I do love the DS4, I’m happy to see them trying to innovate a bit.

Would have to assume the PS5 is white as well.

Could be a lot worse.

j6rvc9hoff031.jpg

Yongyea with the full breakdown of the PS5 controller -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back