PS5 announced for 2020 Holiday Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
These new gen consoles have been absolutely dire in terms of getting new games exclusively to their generation on them. I mean even consoles that I thought had really slow starts like the N64, PS3, and Switch had much better release windows in their first six months. Right now the consoles are being sold based on playing previous gen console games at higher frame rates and resolutions, which is just doing what the PS4 Pro and X-Box One X were supposed to do. There's only so much one can blame on Covid given it really hit nine months before launch. I hope the second half of this year is better for the owners of said systems.

True.

Covid would obviously delay things a few months, but there is absolutely nothing in sight.

If the big games don't start rolling in until 2022, might aswell wait a bit more for a possible slim/pro version.

Is that a different game from odyssey and exodus? I was actually just thinking how they need to bring back 2d Abe games

Yeah its the next game in the series, plus there's also Munch's Odyssey from the ps3/360 era too plus one called Oddworld: Strangers Wrath, didn't realise how many games there were in the series till I looked just. Even games on the gameboy. I still need to play the New and Tasty version of Abes Odyssey. Picked it up when it was on Ps Plus.

What’s the free March games !? I’ve deleted every free game they have offered within minutes.

Days Gone on 60fps is so fun ! Those freakers still can freak you with some headphones late at night.

Still not sure yet apart from Destruction All Stars is still the PS5 game for Plus in March (they said this when the game got pushed back that it will cover Feb and March)

The update for the use of the M.2 slot could be available in the summer

We've got it out: PS5's M.2 slot to add storage capacity is expected to be available in the summer. The reason for not being able to use it now is the heat generated when using M.2 SSDs, and the cooling fan capacity boost will be done around the same time the slot ban is lifted. A number of sources who have been briefed by Sony on such plans have revealed that the M.2 SSD will be available in the summer. [\quote]

Bloomberg Article on this too: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-playstation-5-for-storage-upgrades-in-summer

Last edited:
Sorry for the triple post

March's PS Plus lineup

But you can't use the PS Plus version of FF7R for the upgrade path

Please be true.

FF7R is like the perfect PS+ game for me. Really want to play it but for some reason haven't bought it yet.

Sorry for the triple post

March's PS Plus lineup

But you can't use the PS Plus version of FF7R for the upgrade path

Lol people online already bitching about the upgrade not being free. Imagine getting mad about getting to play this game for nothing less than a year since release.

On a side note,

Yuffie DLC is confirmed to be PS5 exclusive. No PS4 version. I suspect people will be angry but this is probably the direction they are going with in Remake Part 2 as well.

Lol people online already bitching about the upgrade not being free. Imagine getting mad about getting to play this game for nothing less than a year since release.

On a side note,

Yuffie DLC is confirmed to be PS5 exclusive. No PS4 version. I suspect people will be angry but this is probably the direction they are going with in Remake Part 2 as well.

Yeah I think we won't see part 2 on PS4, I'm just happy I'll get a free upgrade and will do another playthrough when it's available.

On a side note,

I understand the bitching. Im not close minded and I agree with them.

The game isnt free, youre only getting it while you pay for PS plus -> pretty much renting.

Games with free PS5 upgrades have been on PS plus.

Square is also pretty much forcing their customers to buy the game again so they can get access to the DLC on a NEW 499 dollar console that you cant buy.....

I dont get how these corporations can get such strong support for their constant fucking of the consumer.

Haven't played FFVII Remake and hadn't planned on it. Guess I'll give it a try now.

Never heard of any of the other games but they sound interesting.

I understand the bitching. Im not close minded and I agree with them.

The game isnt free, youre only getting it while you pay for PS plus -> pretty much renting.

Games with free PS5 upgrades have been on PS plus.

Square is also pretty much forcing their customers to buy the game again so they can get access to the DLC on a NEW 499 dollar console that you cant buy.....

I dont get how these corporations can get such strong support for their constant fucking of the consumer.

That's how capitalism works though, you create a product and you charge money for it. People are just too damn spoiled today. FF7R was not a cheap game to make and giving it to people for free when the game hasn't even been out a full year is already a pretty nice gesture. The game is 30 friggin dollars if you want to buy it.

PS Plus is used for online play mostly, I don't know many people who buy it for the few freebies. Sony has stepped it up recently. They should get a little credit that they've improved the games released on it. FF7R is a great game and money will go towards the sequel. I just made a thread on entitlement and this is kinda my point. In no other industry do you see this level of entitlement

These new gen consoles have been absolutely dire in terms of getting new games exclusively to their generation on them. I mean even consoles that I thought had really slow starts like the N64, PS3, and Switch had much better release windows in their first six months. Right now the consoles are being sold based on playing previous gen console games at higher frame rates and resolutions, which is just doing what the PS4 Pro and X-Box One X were supposed to do. There's only so much one can blame on Covid given it really hit nine months before launch. I hope the second half of this year is better for the owners of said systems.
I hate it but this is just the world we're living in for gamers like myself. It hit me during the State of Play that I didn't give a shit about a single game they showed and as much as I call myself a gamer I really only care about maybe 10% of games that come out and they're all big AAA games. My two favorite games of the PS3 gen, Skyrim and GTA5, got a grand total of 0 new games last gen and their sequels on this gen are nowhere in sight. The developers I care about have entered that AAA life cycle of maybe seeing 1-2 games a generation. It sucks but apparently it's the cost of current AAA games. I just have to hope to fill in the gaps with other big games when they come along.

Glad I never bought FF7R. Was waiting til it was on sale for like $20 but free sounds much better.

That's how capitalism works though, you create a product and you charge money for it.
Companies have the right to do that. Consumers have the right to complain when theyre getting ass fucked. Simple as that.
FF7R was not a cheap game to make and giving it to people for free when the game hasn't even been out a full year is already a pretty nice gesture. The game is 30 friggin dollars if you want to buy it.
LOL. Its not a cheap game to make, but you understand how businesses work right? To make money. They spent money and have made that back and then some. The game IS NOT FREE. Sony is paying Square Enix, dont mistake it for a nice gesture.

Making the consumer pay for a product again, just so they can purchase the DLC on a new system is bullshit.

As for the PS5 upgrade, its basically become standard to offer free PS4 to PS5 upgrades, so I understand when there is an uproar here. Dont think FF7 is free. PS+ is a subscription and youre paying to get these 'free' games and online. Look at Control, that was on the last month of PS+......

PS5 upgrade being free is not entitlement. They cant pull that remaster shit being 65bux again for this gen, when BC and the power of the consoles was the main selling points.

PS Plus is used for online play mostly, I don't know many people who buy it for the few freebies. Sony has stepped it up recently. They should get a little credit that they've improved the games released on it. FF7R is a great game and money will go towards the sequel. I just made a thread on entitlement and this is kinda my point. In no other industry do you see this level of entitlement
Your last statement is also not true. Its almost always like this in other entertainment sectors such as Music etc.

Sony was due to have Demon’s Souls, Ratchet & Clank, GT7, and Returnal launching exclusively for the PS5 within a 6 month launch window. All have been delayed outside of DeS. Yes, COVID has absolutely fucked those plans up.

How many Switch exclusive titles were there in the first six months?

Besides, the jump in quality from the PS4 Pro to PS5 in cross gen titles is staggering at times. The experience you have playing a game like Miles Morales on PS4 to PS5 is massively improved. From ray tracing to frame rate to instant load times, they aren’t comparable outside of the basic structure of the game.

I’ve been getting a ton of use out of my PS5, really not sure how anyone is complaining. Sounds like it’s just for the sake of it at this point.

Last edited:
If anyone. Hasn’t played Remnant, you should definitely give it shot as a PS+ title, especially if you enjoy the Soulsborn genre. I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s Dark Souls with guns, but it definitely has Soulsborn genes.

No free ps5 upgrade for FF7R kind of sucks ass but tbh I don't give af and will buy it, sorry bros I'm a square enix shill I guess <45>

No free ps5 upgrade for FF7R kind of sucks ass but tbh I don't give af and will buy it, sorry bros I'm a square enix shill I guess <45>
You get the free upgrade since you already bought FF7R on PS4. It’s just the people who are getting the PS+ copy that won’t get the upgrade for free.

You get the free upgrade since you already bought FF7R on PS4. It’s just the people who are getting the PS+ copy that won’t get the upgrade for free.

Ohhhhh ok I understand. That's kind of weird they are doing that, but I guess not too bad. I'm glad I won't have to pay for the upgrade. Thanks for clearing that up there's been lots of news it's hard to keep track of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back