PS5 announced for 2020 Holiday Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhhh ok I understand. That's kind of weird they are doing that, but I guess not too bad. I'm glad I won't have to pay for the upgrade. Thanks for clearing that up there's been lots of news it's hard to keep track of everything.
Yeah it made this unnecessarily confusing lol.

Control is quite fun. Not played a game like this since Psyops but this is considerably more creepy. Nice reactive environments as well.

My second controller has pretty absurd drift. Not a big deal because I can just use the one and send this one in, but it's still kind of annoying and surprising that this is still an issue.

Last edited:
My second controller has pretty absurd drift. Not a big deal because I can just use the one and send this one in, but it's still kind of annoying and surprising that this is still an issue.
Fuck man I hope not. I have a Switch with two extra sets of joy cons and every single one of those fuckers drifts. It has ruined playing most games or even the ability to select one from the console menu.

Fuck man I hope not. I have a Switch with two extra sets of joy cons and every single one of those fuckers drifts. It has ruined playing most games or even the ability to select one from the console menu.
The other controller is fine, and my buddy says all his controllers are good (although I think it's more likely to pop up in certain games) so hopefully it isn't that common. I did read that there's already a class action suit being put forward though.

@Lovestorm just read that argos drop was disc only...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Just moved into a new house and fancy a gaming console. PS4 worth it or will it be dead in a year or two and pointless? Cba spending 500+ on a PS5.

Just moved into a new house and fancy a gaming console. PS4 worth it or will it be dead in a year or two and pointless? Cba spending 500+ on a PS5.
I wouldn't expect new games to play well or necessarily even release in 2 years, but that's every console once a new generation hits.

Anyway, you're probably better off getting an Xbox Series S. It's made with people seemingly like yourself in mind, they want to play games without paying new console prices (even though the Series S is new).

It's barely more expensive than a PS4, although it is digital only. It's also actually available at Best Buy (I literally just checked and you can actually add it to your cart).

I wouldn't expect new games to play well or necessarily even release in 2 years, but that's every console once a new generation hits.

Anyway, you're probably better off getting an Xbox Series S. It's made with people seemingly like yourself in mind, they want to play games without paying new console prices (even though the Series S is new).

It's barely more expensive than a PS4, although it is digital only. It's also actually available at Best Buy (I literally just checked and you can actually add it to your cart).

Thanks man. I’m swaying towards PlayStation because a few friends have been asking me to get one too so... I think I’d be exiled if I ended up with an Xbox...

I’m just about getting my head around the PlayStation store. Tbh I just want to play old games like Evil Within and Outlast, Alien too... Dying Light as well. I’m just freaked out by this all digital approach and worried the PS4 storage will be topped pretty quickly!

Thanks man. I’m swaying towards PlayStation because a few friends have been asking me to get one too so... I think I’d be exiled if I ended up with an Xbox...

I’m just about getting my head around the PlayStation store. Tbh I just want to play old games like Evil Within and Outlast, Alien too... Dying Light as well. I’m just freaked out by this all digital approach and worried the PS4 storage will be topped pretty quickly!

You can add external storage for PS4 games. I would not get a PS4 if I were you though. It's not just about the games or any of that but the OS and everything is just so damn slow with the PS4. I can't wait to upgrade just so things will be faster.

You can add external storage for PS4 games. I would not get a PS4 if I were you though. It's not just about the games or any of that but the OS and everything is just so damn slow with the PS4. I can't wait to upgrade just so things will be faster.

Agreed on the slowness factor, especially downloads. I only have a base model, but I can't imagine the pro is any better in those regards.

There are so many great games on the system though, and I doubt all of them will be backwards compatible on PS5.

I'd still suggest a PS4 pro, as you'll be able to find so many cheap games at EB games/Gamestop/online/used or new.

If anyone needs to re-up on PS+, the best deal you’ll find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back