Punk Ska Billy Folk and assorted things like that VOL. 2

how do you think mandy isnt hot but carmella is? carmella's face looks like its been treated like a doormat. straight tranny looking

My theory was its just easier to play music anywhere when you dont gotta plug in

Weed is super potent and everywhere

all the punks are old men

and the revival tour played a big part. I first became aware of it when tim barry from avail put out his first album and about that time was also listening to a lot of against me

Now theres a million folk punk types and some of it is a lot more country and some of it is still punk as fuck

HI everyone. I took along break from Sherdog, but I'm back now.

One of my favorite musicians is Mike Kirsch, who later became Sara Kirsch. He was the main guy in a bunch of amazing bands like Torches To Rome, Bread & Circuits, Please Inform the Captain This is a Hi-Jack, Baader Brains, and finally Mothercountry Motherfuckers.

Sara died of Cancer in late 2012, but this album was (finally) posthumously released last year, and it fucking rules!

https://pitchfork.com/news/48855-rip-bay-area-punk-fixture-sarah-kirsch/

Folk-Punk is pretty awesome. No idea if these have been posted yet

and of course my boy Johnny Sizzle has been playing folk-punk since 1991, or earlier.

His version of folk-punk is pretty different, presumably because he wasn't influenced by Swingin' Utters and actual folk music, he was just a homeless punk with an acoustic guitar.

Last edited:
HI everyone. I took along break from Sherdog, but I'm back now.

One of my favorite musicians is Mike Kirsch, who later became Sara Kirsch. He was the main guy in a bunch of amazing bands like Torches To Rome, Bread & Circuits, Please Inform the Captain This is a Hi-Jack, Baader Brains, and finally Mothercountry Motherfuckers.

Sara died of Cancer in late 2012, but this album was (finally) posthumously released last year, and it fucking rules!

https://pitchfork.com/news/48855-rip-bay-area-punk-fixture-sarah-kirsch/
WOW! That's all new news to me and all awesome@! Thanks dude

It's in the youtube info but worth mentioning buy your own personal copy at the bandcamp link

FUCK YEAH!!!
I saw Left Over Crack and Choking Victim back in the day at C squat.
LOC came out with a new album in 15 i believe.

Stza is the fucking man.

I'm a ska/punk kid for life.
I play trombone, which no one gives a shit about besides a ska band lol.

Hated with a passion all that so called Yank Ska Third Revival as it was just try hards making a racket and Laurel Aitkin must of been turning in his grave when that crap came alongside all the fake MTV American Punk like Green Day and Blink bollocks.

@badascan - Cro Mags.

(your post about the Cro Mags made me think about M.D.C.)

Back