Social Push to end “nice racism”

The most stupidest thing is this eyetie thinks she knows what goes on in white people’s heads.

she claims she can predict what excuses a person will say. “I can’t be racist because I have a black son in law-I can’t be racist because I once dated a black guy”, etc

She claims that all white people are racist and have privilege and apparently, lots of people are ok with her making such declarations. I am not

Reactions: JSN
No shit.

Ever notice how most of these new wave racism talking points are coming from lily white folks?

White Savior complex is real. Ran out of immediate problems to solve? I know, lets solve racism again! That doesn't cost a dime...

it actually brings in tons of cash. Companies pay her big money to give seminars.

and to top it all off, the media is propping her up so she can spread her message. No debates, no open forums, no counter arguments.

Soft ball pitches for her interviews

jeez, this is what mainstream media is shoveling down Americas throats? A white woman who feels so much guilt about her own intrinsic flaws that she has to cast aspersions upon an entire race. Oh my lord, the propaganda is real

she says she doesn’t want white people to feel guilt because they can’t help being born white and raised to embrace their privilege. She says guilt is a useless emotion unless it cause you to try and fix your broken self and seek to redress your past mistakes.

Yeah, I will get right on that

I don’t know who this person is—but she’s actually not making a bad point. In her example, she’s talking about how in her desire to be seen as progressive and not racist, she actually made race an issue in a setting where it wasn’t an issue previously. Tbh, I think there are many well-meaning people, myself probably included, and also including non-progressives, who do things that are harmful in some way or another but it happens outside of their awareness. One of my great frustrations when discussing race issues with conservative-leaning people is that they often seem deathly allergic to even having the discussion. They want to believe that racism is a thing of the past, they don’t seem to understand why it’s even being discussed, and they often refuse to examine their own behaviors and actions even when no one is accusing them of being a racist person in general.
Its like two different people wrote the first and last half of your post.

Says the people who have made a career out of nothing more than railing against racism that can only be cured if you read my books, attend my lectures, and give me money. Tim Weiss is worse than this dumb deangelo broad.

it’s a big racket for sure

This ugly wh*te lady thinking she can speak about how Black folx are oppressed is hilarious, take a look in the mirror

She is a part of wh*te supremacy and needs to step out of the way

How, precisely, do you distinguish nice racism from 'just being nice'?

And while we are on the topic, are we really sure black people care why someone is being nice to them? I don't really care why people are nice to me. I just care that they are nice. By my reckoning, that's a racist assumption. Think I'll write a book about it.

If you are in a bar, and a beautiful young lady pulls you into a bathroom stall, pulls your trousers down and starts gobbling away, how much time do you invest exploring the motivations for her generosity? Would you stop her if she told you she felt like 'your kind needed something to fall their way'?

finish and then ask

she claims she can predict what excuses a person will say. “I can’t be racist because I have a black son in law-I can’t be racist because I once dated a black guy”, etc

Of course she can. These same people making the excuses have been strongarmed into doing so for years. They don't want to be the witch at the stake, so they cling to whatever bastion of logic they can get in order to remain appearing like "a good person".

What they'd be better off doing is be honest and acknowledge that different cultures and different races don't have to be up each other's asses all the time. It's ok to call out the cultures that are making things harder for everyone else.

she is right and what this proves is that people on the left are equally if not more racist than those on the right

I’m always super friendly to blacks and talk like a southern mammy as I’ve seen so many politicians so this over the decades and black folks seemed to really like that.
You just don’t want to say “you guys” or “people like you” that kind of stuff.

Just what we need. Another stupid race baiting grifter.

Often times the problem is that one side refuses to talk, and in fact, refuses to acknowledge there is an issue. It’s a pretty common theme to run into a brick wall when trying to talk about issues of race with many conservatives, and it’s often done out of stubbornness, or a sort of fear. Not fear of the other race, but fear that they may be viewed as a racist person when that’s not the intent. No matter how nicely I try and phrase it, trying to explain to most conservatives why the phrase “We Back the Badge” (or “All Lives Matter” is insensitive is likely to be met with a wall of defense.
Frankly, there’s been so much trolling behavior that it’s gotten difficult to tell when there’s a legitimate misunderstanding, or if someone is trolling. For example, there’s been threads on Voter ID laws. I honestly can’t tell if “libs think black people are too stupid to figure out ______” is a real attempt at an argument, or a troll.
Likewise, I find the following extremely tiresome (I’ll put this in spoiler tags, so I don’t take up too much space):
  • The insistence that there’s no systemic problem with race in this country even though we know from multiple studies that people with “ethnic” sounding names are more likely to face housing discrimination, we know that African Americans are more likely to receive harsher sentences than whites when their records and charges are equivalent, we know that minorities who “Americanize” ethnic-sounding names are more likely to get calls back when applying for a job, we know that African Americans are more likely to be pulled over, and almost twice as likely to be searched, as their white peers, and so forth. I’d love to work together to solve these things, but it’s not possible as long as conservatives refuse to acknowledge it exists. These are not issues caused by one bad racist over here, and one over there—these are widespread issues present in our systems.
  • Endless victim shaming when police are the aggressors. There’s been some really nasty things said (re Floyd, Trayvon, Garner, and more) that are pretty unconscionable. And FFS, if a medical examiner says something is a homicide and not an overdose, there’s no reason to persist in calling a death an overdose other than to be an asshole. Simple as.
  • Responding to a statue being taken down, even if done through proper channels, as “erasing history” followed by the requisite out of context-repetition of a George Orwell quote.
I could list more, but you get the point. The bottom line is that I’m tired of conservatives seeing these discussions as personal attacks, rather than being willing to form a partnership to eliminate these things. I’m also tired of hearing that these issues shouldn’t be brought up because they are “divisive.”
Why does it have to be divisive? Imo, we should all be in agreement that racism is an awful thing, that it still exists in many areas of our society with very harmful effects, and we should work together to try and eliminate it. Far too often, one side refuses to even acknowledge these plainly obvious things because doing so would cause them to have to be introspective as to their own words and behavior and they are simply unwilling to do so.

Feel free to post a few things that you feel are tiresome from liberals. Maybe we’ll actually be able to have a discussion.

Tiresome from liberals? Where do I start? The constant victimhood of just about every group with the exception lt straight white males. I am tried of news with racism in the title, the constant discussion of systematic racism and how it permeates every facet of life. I am sick of hearing about black people are being hunted by cops, etc

Of course she can. These same people making the excuses have been strongarmed into doing so for years. They don't want to be the witch at the stake, so they cling to whatever bastion of logic they can get in order to remain appearing like "a good person".

What they'd be better off doing is be honest and acknowledge that different cultures and different races don't have to be up each other's asses all the time. It's ok to call out the cultures that are making things harder for everyone else.

Ideally, but people are so sensitive and defensive. I am on this subject and on issues regarding police.

Soft ball pitches for her interviews

I have no idea who this person is but it is scary to think the media would allow grifters to push this nonsense on their viewers with no counter argument.

Its like two different people wrote the first and last half of your post.
Haha I re-read it, and it seems like a coherent piece of writing to me. The first half discussed that DiAngelo has a good point about well-meaning, good people that do small racially harmful things unintentionally. It happens outside of their awareness. I think for people to become more aware of these things so they can make positive changes in their behavior is a good thing.
In the 2nd part, my point was that there are some things regarding race relations in this country that need to change, and it’s hard to enact that change when one side gets completely defensive about it and feels that it’s “divisive,” or they’re being called racists, or that we’re “playing the race card” or “pandering to blacks,” etc. I.e., they are not interested in raising their awareness, or examining their own behaviors.

But I think you’re right that my post wasn’t written all at one time. If I post while I’m at work, I often write a sentence or two then get pulled into something work-related for an hour, then come back to the post and write a bit more, etc. So maybe it sounds disjointed for that reason?

Back