Put the worst careering changing beatings in the last 5 years

How did it changed Reyes' and Kattar's careers?

On-topic:
Ferg after Gaethje
Woodley after Usman
Rory after Lawler (he was still good, just not the same)
JDS after Cain
rory still winning fights
lawler is done, both took a toll, but not really destroyed them

gsp koscheck
chuck wand?
rockhold weidman, chin gone
GSP bisping? chin gone

Gaethje landed only 7 more total strikes than Tony over 5 rounds.

Tony landed more strikes in rounds 1 and 4, and I scored round 2 for Tony due to the knockdown that almost put Justin's lights out. Gaethje wasn't throwing bombs, he was throwing more accurate/efficient technical strikes. Tony's right eye got swollen shut in the 3rd round, and got poked in the right eye at the end of round 1. Both had an effect on him.

Gaethje landed only 22 more strikes than RDA vs Tony over the course of 5 rounds. Gaethje absorbed more srikes to the head vs Poirier and Alvarez than Tony did vs Gaethje (I'm bringing this up because this was the only other fight in Tony's career that made it to the 5th round). Your idea that he "got his brains turned into mush" is a ridiculous overstatement.

I recommend re-watching the fight with the commentary muted.
Who the fuck cares how many "total strikes" were landed? This is what I'm talking about regarding "significant strikes" - counting what is basically a love tap to the chest and an H-bomb to the jaw as equal - 1 significant strike. I was rooting for Ferguson. He was utterly beaten to a pulp that fight.

"Only 22 more" - while throwing over 100 less. That's one person connecting at will and the other going for volume over quality.

Who the fuck cares how many "total strikes" were landed? This is what I'm talking about regarding "significant strikes" - counting what is basically a love tap to the chest and an H-bomb to the jaw as equal - 1 significant strike. I was rooting for Ferguson. He was utterly beaten to a pulp that fight.

"Only 22 more" - while throwing over 100 less. That's one person connecting at will and the other going for volume over quality.

Okay, you just watched the highlights and know nothing about fighting. That was pretty obvious from your first post.

TJ vs. Barao has to be number one

Barao was looking like someone who could be in the Top 10 of GOAT’s but Dillashaw completely changed his career trajectory.

Cain vs JDS 2 and 3 is honourable mention.

JDS was also on his way to being an all time great but Cain ruined his chin. The fact that JDS was still able to hang around the Top 5-10 in the heavies with a shot chin speaks to his abilities.

Rory vs Lawler 2
Ferg vs Gaethje
Holloway vs Kattar
JDS vs Cain 2 and 3
Fedor vs Bigfoot
Jiri vs Reyes (most likely)
Weidman vs Rockhold
Several BJ Penn beat downs that lead to his decline
Not a beat down, but Rockhold getting chin checked by Bisping

Okay, you just watched the highlights and know nothing about fighting. That was pretty obvious from your first post.
You're the one quoting punch stats as if they're somehow meaningful. You're also the idiot trying to gaslight people into thinking that was a competitive fight.

I'm a Ferguson fan, but you need to get his nuts out of your mouth.

You're the one quoting punch stats as if they're somehow meaningful. You're also the idiot trying to gaslight people into thinking that was a competitive fight.

I'm a Ferguson fan, but you need to get his nuts out of your mouth.

<Waaah>

All I did was post the official stats, not just "punches". You don't think they have any meaning? Two judges scored the 2nd round for Tony. They could have scored the 1st and 4th for him as well, as those rounds were close. Tony's eye was swollen shut (broken orbital?) so he was in survival mode from the 3rd round on, and still outstruck Justin in the 4th.

You're the idiot for trying to gaslight people into believing this fight was some "career altering one-sided turned his brains to mush beatdown that gave him CTE" over-exaggerated mess when the striking statistics were 143-136.

Just watch the fight again and stop parroting Bloody Elbow incel casual fan opinions.

Okay, first of all, Reyes and Kattar have not fought yet since these beatings, so you have no idea how they've effected their careers yet.

And Gaethje/Ferguson has become so ridiculously over-exaggerated, that it seems like alot of you didn't even watch the whole fight, or only remember bits and pieces of it.
Not true. Gaethje and Ferguson was legitimately awful.

<Waaah>

All I did was post the official stats, not just "punches". You don't think they have any meaning? Two judges scored the 2nd round for Tony. They could have scored the 1st and 4th for him as well, as those rounds were close. Tony's eye was swollen shut (broken orbital?) so he was in survival mode from the 3rd round on, and still outstruck Justin in the 4th.

You're the idiot for trying to gaslight people into believing this fight was some "career altering one-sided turned his brains to mush beatdown that gave him CTE" over-exaggerated mess when the striking statistics were 143-136.

Just watch the fight again and stop parroting Bloody Elbow incel casual fan opinions.
Tony copped a flogging that night and hasnt looked the same since.

The only thing that comes to mind rn is the beating Justin put on tony.

No shit and that fight wss the straw that broke the camels back, you could call it career alterating.

Call it whatever you want. It's no worse than Poirier/Gaethje.

Okay, but I'm still gonna call it career "alterating".

<{outtahere}>
Whats the point here, Is Tony the same as before the Justin fight?

Has Ortega bounced back since the Max fight?

Wich fight was career alterating?

It was, Gaethje has bounced back and sadly Tony has had the fight beat out of him.

He got grapplefucked by Chuck, then laid on by Dariush. He's not getting his head beat in by these other guys.

Back