Queasiness while fasting

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a bit of stubborn fat on the stomach that I’m trying to lose.

I’ve been fasting 19 hours each day for the past few days. I feel much more calm and less rigid in the morning… but a couple of times, times when I should be hungry (during my regular non-fasting days), I’ve noticed that I’m slightly revolted at the thought of eating. I wouldn’t say nauseous, but a queasy feeling like I just ate too much.

I’m wondering if this is my body consuming of body fat and sending the signal (we’re good… no need for more food).

Anyone experience feelings like this?

I get light headed when I occasionally fast. I don't fast too often though

This is nothing to worry about. Your body is adjusting and you're feeling a lot better because of it. Fasting is excellent for your body and overall health, and has lots of proven health benefits to go with it. Keep at it.

I’ve been fasting 19 hours each day for the past few days. I feel much more calm and less rigid in the morning… but a couple of times, times when I should be hungry (during my regular non-fasting days), I’ve noticed that I’m slightly revolted at the thought of eating. I wouldn’t say nauseous, but a queasy feeling like I just ate too much.

I’m wondering if this is my body consuming of body fat and sending the signal (we’re good… no need for more food).

I had my first real fight this spring and thus the first real associated weight cut, and I totally had the same thing. You're simultaneously hungry and disgusted by the notion of food in your mouth.
Frankly I used this to my advantage a bit. But there were definitely some days I felt not very good. What I found was that if I had one slice of wheat bread around dinnertime (along with the protein or salad or whatever I was eating) something about the carbs evened me out so I felt fine. Maybe just my body chemistry, I dunno.

Assuming no medical or health issues, do extended fasts 24-72hours.

Alternatively, even with fasting, you must be particular with your eating habits. Simply don't be a bitch. Your over thinking it.

Don't be a fat ass.burn more calories than you consume.

Likely what you describe is keto flu. Supplement electrolytes or lemon juice plus pink sea salts.

Back