Social Queen B's Partisan COVID/Vaccine Megathread

Fat people need to get their shit together and lose weight. I'm tired of people telling me I'm selfish because I don't want to take experimental drugs to save their fat asses. If government actually cared about our health, they would focus on that first and foremost. Government and big pharma are full of shit and don't care about anyones health, they just care about getting more money and power. I'm tired of them, they can go get fucked.
Can confirm. I've had a severe autoimmune disorder in remission for over 5 years with a simple diet change after being on harmful drugs recommended by 6 different doctors for 2 years.

My doctor wasn't interested when I told him about the diet after he commented on how much better I was moving and looking. He just shrugged his shoulders and said 'oh yeah, I've heard about that'

There's no money to be made off healthy people that take personal responsibility for their wellbeing.

Last edited:
I think you're half right about distrust of the pharmaceutical industry but the other part is distrust of the government that is promoting these vaccinations.

If the FDA had the type of accountability and oversight necessary for regulating the pharmaceutical industry then these opioids should not have been approved for treatment the way they were.
Unfortunately the world we live in is extremely corrupt. Big money can manipulate politicians, the media and international organizations.

Fat people need to get their shit together and lose weight. I'm tired of people telling me I'm selfish because I don't want to take experimental drugs to save their fat asses. If government actually cared about our health, they would focus on that first and foremost. Government and big pharma are full of shit and don't care about anyones health, they just care about getting more money and power. I'm tired of them, they can go get fucked.

This isn't just government, there is a particular party that doesn't care about health a lot more than the other party.

When Michelle Obama was championing health and better lunches for children, the right acted like she was some communist vegan monster....
And where's that Republican healthcare plan?

The problem with the fatty argument is that the middle of a pandemic isn't really a helpful time to say "Hey, fatass, you should lose weight so you don't die". Obviously, if people were healthier they would be better able to fight off infections and viruses, etc, but when a pandemic comes, "Hey, lose 50lbs now!" is not reasonable or helpful advice.

Can confirm. I've had a severe autoimmune disorder in remission for over 5 years with a simple change after being on harmful drugs recommended by 6 different doctors for 2 years.

My doctor wasn't interested when I told him about the diet after he commented on how much better I was moving and looking. He just shrugged his shoulders and said 'oh yeah, I've heard about that'

There's no money to be made off healthy people that take personal responsibility for their wellbeing.

Most doctors are unqualified hacks if we're being honest. They're not even required to be education about nutrition, which is pretty much the number one thing when it comes to preventing or fixing health issues.

This isn't just government, there is a particular party that doesn't care about health a lot more than the other party.

When Michelle Obama was championing health and better lunches for children, the right acted like she was some communist vegan monster....

The problem with the fatty argument is that the middle of a pandemic isn't really a helpful time to say "Hey, fatass, you should lose weight so you don't die". Obviously, if people were healthier they would be better able to fight off infections and viruses, etc, but when a pandemic comes, "Hey, lose 50lbs now!" is not reasonable or helpful advice.
Gmo corn, wheat, and soy along with inflammatory vegetable oils are the problem, not animal products, though the way that the commercial meat industry is treating animals is creating its own unique set of issues.

I'm not going to pretend the right cares about our health, but they're open about that, they're not lying about it to get an agenda through like the left is doing.

Actually, this was the perfect time and motivation for fat people to lose weight. Many were unemployed and could have focused on it with the down time they had. But no, a year and a half later people are still fat as fuck. Apparently they don't care about living that much, otherwise they'd have taken responsibility and gotten their issues sorted out. They'd rather other people take experimental drugs to save them. disgraceful

Can confirm. I've had a severe autoimmune disorder in remission for over 5 years with a simple change after being on harmful drugs recommended by 6 different doctors for 2 years.

I don't think it's all about conspiracies and money..particularly for the doctors. The pharmaceutical companies are a different story of course.

I honestly don't think most doctors know much about nutrition. They are trained to look at and treat problems in a particular way, and that's really the biggest issue that I see when it comes to treatment. Their focus is on addressing problems that already exist instead of preventing problems.
It's also a problem with our whole system and Americans, a lot of people don't go to the hospital until the problem is there. There isn't a lot of proactive work being done on health.

I'm not going to pretend the right cares about our health, but they're open about that, they're not lying about it to get an agenda through like the left is doing.

Actually, this was the perfect time and motivation for fat people to lose weight. Many were unemployed and could have focused on it with the down time they had. But no, a year and a half later people are still fat as fuck. Apparently they don't care about living that much, otherwise they'd have taken responsibility and gotten their issues sorted out. They'd rather other people take experimental drugs to save them. disgraceful

Nobody knew that COVID was going to last this long or be that serious. For the government to announce last February that the whole nation needs to go on a diet and hit the gym isn't realistic. It's just Monday morning quarterbacking.

I'm always in the gym, and am heavily into fitness, so I don't disagree about the importance of health.
But the obesity rate in America is like...40%+? How are you going to massively change that during a pandemic? Losing weight is a journey for most people. And most people don't know shit about health and nutrition.
So people were going to work out MORE during a lockdown? Eat healthier when locked at home ? Of course not.
I think the government most definitely should ALSO be pushing the message that better health = better chances of fighting infections.
But to say "Well you shouldnt of been fat" during a pandemic, as if that is the root problem here isn't helpful when talking about the virus.
It's having an effect on healthier populations in other parts of the world.

I don't think it's all about conspiracies and money..particularly for the doctors. The pharmaceutical companies are a different story of course.

I honestly don't think most doctors know much about nutrition. They are trained to look at and treat problems in a particular way, and that's really the biggest issue that I see when it comes to treatment. Their focus is on addressing problems that already exist instead of preventing problems.
It's also a problem with our whole system and Americans, a lot of people don't go to the hospital until the problem is there. There isn't a lot of proactive work being done on health.
I mostly agree with you on this. The influence that big pharma has over the education of doctors is massive. People take more pharmaceutical drugs in the US than any other country in the world and ranks 46th for average lifespan.

Rather than discussing the fact that more people die in the US per year from heart disease (which is directly correlated to obesity) than they did from covid in 2020, the US has a fat acceptance movement.

I mostly agree with you on this. The influence that big pharma has over the education of doctors is massive. People take more pharmaceutical drugs in the US than any other country in the world and ranks 46th for average lifespan.

Rather than discussing the fact that more people die in the US per year from heart disease (which is directly correlated to obesity) than they did from covid in 2020, the US has a fat acceptance movement.

I think the pharmaceutical companies aren't as big a problem as they're made out to be, they are just taking advantage of a system that they didn't create. If you have a system that is built solely on addressing problems that are already here, then medicine is going to be the answer almost everytime. And when people only go to the doctor when they feel they HAVE to, it just helps to keep that system intact.

I'd say the bigger issue is education, food, and the cost of healthcare that makes people not see doctors until late in the game.
The government is allowing companies to sell poison food. Sugar and all of the other crap they put in food is a much bigger danger to health and society than anything else we have.

But Medicare for All would not operate like the VA. It only replaces the insurance industry. Hospitals will keep operating like they do now.
Maybe. I don’t have confidence in that being transferred without everyone’s hand on the way up getting greased.
I live in Japan and we have a one payer system. Basically healthcare costs are fixed and you pay a % based on things like age. Kids under certain ages are free in my town and old people pay 10%. I as a regular adult pay a third. You could go that way. It might work but I think a gradual transition would be better and would hopefully cut out a lot of wastes. The USA has far too high medical costs and all the holes in the shop need to be plugged. Radical changes won’t do that imho

Spoken by a truly paranoid TS that actually theres a virus pandemic .. not a greed pandemic.. oh the irony..

if the govt actually cared for our health they would do something about the obesity rates and make healthy foods cheaper instead of putting corn syrup into everything including baby formula

I'm a big fan of M4A but I'm not sure forcing people to get a vaccination for a mutating virus with a <1% death rate is the right thing to do. Ironically, more people would probably have the vaccine if they didn't feel like they were being forced to get it.

But yes, there's no reason for us to have just spent $300 million a day for 20 years on a useless war and not have medical care for our citizens. It might take another 10-20 years for the voting demographics to shift younger, but that will probably be on the top of the list of things voters demand soon.

Making profit at any cost isn't necessarily also intending to do harm. Often it's the lack of concern for harm done...

Ideally we'd have a "free market" but is that possible? Probably not in the "real" world. Nationalized healthcare where the "government" provides your healthcare package/options will lead to nothing good...

It is hard to say that a lack of education is behind vaccine skepticism. As many articles have pointed out, a group least likely to get the vaccine have been those with PhDs and higher levels of education. There are many articles on this issue.

Americans with PhDs are most reluctant to get vaccinated against COVID

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...nt-to-get-vaccinated-against-covid/ar-AANjRHh

I suspect a large part in why many are skeptical of the COVID vaccine has been the many lies said by the media over the last few years. At this point trust in the media is very low and understandably so. I've noticed that many tend to be view them as liars and spreaders of propaganda.

This morning I read an article by a popular writer on how unscientific our health officials have become.

Science,’ They Said
Science is dying; superstition disguised as morality is returning. And we all will soon become poorer, angrier and more divided.

https://amgreatness.com/2021/09/15/science-they-said/

excerpt:

he scientific method used to govern much of popular American thinking.

In empirical fashion scientists advised us to examine evidence and data, and then by induction come to rational hypotheses. The enemies of “science” were politics, superstition, bias, and deduction.

Yet we are now returning to our version of medieval alchemy and astrology in rejecting a millennium of the scientific method.

Take the superstitions that now surround COVID-19.

We now know from data that a prior case of COVID offers immunity as robust as vaccination—if not better.

Why then are Joe Biden’s various proposed vaccination mandates ignoring that scientific fact? Dr. Anthony Fauci, when asked, seemed at a loss for words.

Is this yet another of the scientific community’s Platonic “noble lies,” as when last year Fauci assured the public there was no need for masks? He later claimed he had lied so that medical professionals would not run out of needed supplies.

Fauci also seemed to throw out all sorts of mythical percentages needed for herd immunity, apparently in an attempt to convince the public that it will never be safe until every American is protected from COVID by vaccination only.

And why was it that hard for the scientific community to postulate a likely origin of COVID-19?

Instead, some of the very scientists engaged in gain of function research oversaw an investigation with Chinese authorities. They all confirmed the predetermined conclusion that the virus likely had little to do with gain of function engineering. And they saw little proof it was birthed in the Wuhan virology lab.

Yet the preponderance of scientific opinion, emerging data and evidence, and basic logic have suggested just the opposite.

How can the government hector citizens that they have a moral duty and soon a legal obligation to be vaccinated, when it does not ask vaccinations of unvetted refugees flying in from Afghanistan?

How can the government medical community remain largely silent when an anticipated 2 million foreign nationals will cross illegally into the United States in the current fiscal year—almost none of whom are vaccinated or tested for active cases of COVID-19?

Where did this obsession originate that the media and government blame particular races for the delta variant outbreak on grounds that collectively they were insufficiently vaccinated?

And if we are to be so racially obsessed, why would not our government and health care officials simply follow their own data and science and urge the Latino and black communities to be vaccinated as quickly as possible? Data shows that both groups have a higher percentage of the unvaccinated than do the Asian and white populations.

Are woke political agendas discrediting science and losing public health? .....

This isn't that many medical professionals when you consider the scale of doctors in the U.S. Where I work, I haven't come across a single doctor that is against the vaccine. I believe our hospital has a 100% rate for doctors with double doses. Our nurses are at 90%. The vast vast vast majority of doctors are pushing for vaccination because they see first hand the benefits of getting it.

Also I've had conversations with some doctors about pharmaceutical companies. None of them are particularly fond of these companies either, but they know when a certain drug or treatment works such as this.

Back