Social Queen B's Partisan COVID/Vaccine Megathread

Good job. You found 34 people that work in the medical industry out of tens of millions that share your opinion. What did you prove?

<{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}>
Remember project steve?
There was this creationist list of "Scientist critizising evolutionl" going around (creationists regularly wave such list about to try to pretend they have scientist support and that there is some arguments about the credebility of the science of evolution) and it had gotten about 50 signatures (some from actual scientists which was very surprised they were on the list when asked, some who had signed a list with very different wording, changing the whole meaning and purpose of the list, several others who was listed as Doctors but turned out to be dentists).

So anyway the National center for science education start their own list, just for the fun of it, supporting the science of biologicl evolution, and critizising pseudo-scientific arguments against it.
The point was that they ONLY accepted signatures from accredited scientist named Steven (or derivatives such as estephan, stephen, stephanie and similar) .
Currently (sept 2021) there are 1467 signatures from Stevens, all with background, workplace and fields of study noted for anyone who wish to examine. Several Nobel prize winning Stevens are on the lists.

Lol "licenced acupuncturist", "Holistic psyciatrists"?!? That is the best they could find to protest against vaccine? They could not find snakeoil salesmen? This crappy list does not even try to pretend it is serious.

Edit: lol, I seemed to remember the Holistic psyciatrist in the "expert" list from somewhere.
A Goop contributor’s social media posts are being removed after she claimed that coronavirus may not exist and that deaths from the virus are likely caused by fear.

According to Kelly Brogan, a “holistic psychiatrist,” according to her website, who has previously written blog posts and Q&A's for Goop and appeared as an expert on panels for Gwyneth Paltrow’s lifestyle brand, she doesn’t think the virus is real because she doesn’t believe in “germ-based contagion”

Last edited:
This isn't that many medical professionals when you consider the scale of doctors in the U.S. Where I work, I haven't come across a single doctor that is against the vaccine. I believe our hospital has a 100% rate for doctors with double doses. Our nurses are at 90%. The vast vast vast majority of doctors are pushing for vaccination because they see first hand the benefits of getting it.

Also I've had conversations with some doctors about pharmaceutical companies. None of them are particularly fond of these companies either, but they know when a certain drug or treatment works such as this.

There are a couple of other factors to consider, anyone who speaks out against the excepted narrative risks ridicule and alienation..That type of environment does not lend itself to honesty..What people are willing to do, and what people are willing to say can be vastly different..Also, it’s a big world with many doctors, Germany in particular has a low rate of vaccination within the medical profession, as well as many other parts of the country and the world that you do not hear about..
In the USA the further west you travel, the lower vaccination rate there is…
I’ve said it many times, if open debate was encouraged, and different opinions allowed to be heard , I think there would be far less reluctance to get vaxed, or far fewer people willing to get vaxed..

This isn't that many medical professionals when you consider the scale of doctors in the U.S. Where I work, I haven't come across a single doctor that is against the vaccine. I believe our hospital has a 100% rate for doctors with double doses. Our nurses are at 90%. The vast vast vast majority of doctors are pushing for vaccination because they see first hand the benefits of getting it.

Also I've had conversations with some doctors about pharmaceutical companies. None of them are particularly fond of these companies either, but they know when a certain drug or treatment works such as this.

These medical professionals represent 87,000 healthcare workers..
Why isn’t this on the news?

It is hard to say that a lack of education is behind vaccine skepticism. As many articles have pointed out, a group least likely to get the vaccine have been those with PhDs and higher levels of education. There are many articles on this issue.

Americans with PhDs are most reluctant to get vaccinated against COVID

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...nt-to-get-vaccinated-against-covid/ar-AANjRHh

I suspect a large part in why many are skeptical of the COVID vaccine has been the many lies said by the media over the last few years. At this point trust in the media is very low and understandably so. I've noticed that many tend to be view them as liars and spreaders of propaganda.

This morning I read an article by a popular writer on how unscientific our health officials have become.

Science,’ They Said
Science is dying; superstition disguised as morality is returning. And we all will soon become poorer, angrier and more divided.

https://amgreatness.com/2021/09/15/science-they-said/

excerpt:

he scientific method used to govern much of popular American thinking.

In empirical fashion scientists advised us to examine evidence and data, and then by induction come to rational hypotheses. The enemies of “science” were politics, superstition, bias, and deduction.

Yet we are now returning to our version of medieval alchemy and astrology in rejecting a millennium of the scientific method.

Take the superstitions that now surround COVID-19.

We now know from data that a prior case of COVID offers immunity as robust as vaccination—if not better.

Why then are Joe Biden’s various proposed vaccination mandates ignoring that scientific fact? Dr. Anthony Fauci, when asked, seemed at a loss for words.

Is this yet another of the scientific community’s Platonic “noble lies,” as when last year Fauci assured the public there was no need for masks? He later claimed he had lied so that medical professionals would not run out of needed supplies.

Fauci also seemed to throw out all sorts of mythical percentages needed for herd immunity, apparently in an attempt to convince the public that it will never be safe until every American is protected from COVID by vaccination only.

And why was it that hard for the scientific community to postulate a likely origin of COVID-19?

Instead, some of the very scientists engaged in gain of function research oversaw an investigation with Chinese authorities. They all confirmed the predetermined conclusion that the virus likely had little to do with gain of function engineering. And they saw little proof it was birthed in the Wuhan virology lab.

Yet the preponderance of scientific opinion, emerging data and evidence, and basic logic have suggested just the opposite.

How can the government hector citizens that they have a moral duty and soon a legal obligation to be vaccinated, when it does not ask vaccinations of unvetted refugees flying in from Afghanistan?

How can the government medical community remain largely silent when an anticipated 2 million foreign nationals will cross illegally into the United States in the current fiscal year—almost none of whom are vaccinated or tested for active cases of COVID-19?

Where did this obsession originate that the media and government blame particular races for the delta variant outbreak on grounds that collectively they were insufficiently vaccinated?

And if we are to be so racially obsessed, why would not our government and health care officials simply follow their own data and science and urge the Latino and black communities to be vaccinated as quickly as possible? Data shows that both groups have a higher percentage of the unvaccinated than do the Asian and white populations.

Are woke political agendas discrediting science and losing public health? .....

Science is dying; superstition disguised as morality is returning...Are woke political agendas discrediting science and losing public health?

That article nailed it. Masks and vaccines are just another form of virtue signalling which is an extension of the #Woke politics that has been plaguing society for some years now. Instead of racists and Nazis, we now have the immoral anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers and they have been consistently compared to racists and nazis in the media. It makes more sense when you observe that most of the pro-vaccine propaganda is more name calling and scapegoating than actual science and the so-called science surrounding the vaccines keeps changing.

The more the government gets involved in the healthcare and insurance industries the more fucked up and corrupt they get. “ hey, the government should get more involved”..
It’s the textbook definition of fascism.
At the current level the government is actively suppressing healthcare providers ability to provide treatment and prophylaxis to facilitate an emergency order and force an unproven vaccine treatment which is already proving to be the most profitable in history.
Not to mention, the research and drug production are funded by the taxpayers, big pharma is allowed to own the patents, and the drugs are sold for profit….

godamn, people. Wake the fuck up!

There's two very different aspects of healthcare.

The Physician treating you and the medicine they have to prescribe.
I believe if pharmaceutical companies didn't have a pot of gold to chase that we would have had a lot less development of medicine.
Flipnside: opioids

1 main issue with universal is like n Canada we have NO idea how much we paid for these vaccines.

How much extra did we pay b/c Trudy wanted the ChiCom vaccine and was late to negoiate with the private corp pharma.

if the govt actually cared for our health they would do something about the obesity rates and make healthy foods cheaper instead of putting corn syrup into everything including baby formula
Yeah, and It also doesnt help that the more woke movement away from meats has led to over reliance on grains. The fastest path to becoming a fat body

There are a couple of other factors to consider, anyone who speaks out against the excepted narrative risks ridicule and alienation..That type of environment does not lend itself to honesty..What people are willing to do, and what people are willing to say can be vastly different..Also, it’s a big world with many doctors, Germany in particular has a low rate of vaccination within the medical profession, as well as many other parts of the country and the world that you do not hear about..
In the USA the further west you travel, the lower vaccination rate there is…
I’ve said it many times, if open debate was encouraged, and different opinions allowed to be heard , I think there would be far less reluctance to get vaxed, or far fewer people willing to get vaxed..
Yeah I've thought about that argument and I don't have the hard data to back up my point of view against it, but I would assume some influence can be attributed to pressure to conform. However I am driven back to the studies that demonstrate safety and effectiveness of the vaccine as an important instrument against the propagation of the virus.

I didn't know about Germany but having spent a significant amount of time there I was intrigued to look into it a bit more. One answer is cultural predisposition to conspiratorial thinking. There seems to be a lot of social distrust in Germany towards governments and institutions, and belief that the elites are never holding the average person's interest at heart. My German girlfriend at the time, a bright and very logical person, showed traits of that. I remember getting into a huge argument with her over homeopathy where she says it works and that it's against "the elites'" interest to permit homeopathy as a legitimate approach for medical treatments. I was astounded. Then again, she claimed it worked for less severe ailments like colds, flus and allergies and not things like cancer, but was hopeful that homeopathy can one day address those more severe medical issues.

Another reason I found was a large percentage of German health personnel had traces of covid antibodies so they probably contracted it knowingly and unknowingly, and so those found to have them chose not to get vaccinated which I think makes sense. I don't know for sure, but maybe they had a bigger campaign to determine who had the antibodies vs those who don't than we had here in NA. One of my biggest gripes with mandatory vaccine campaigns is we don't give vaccine passports or proof of immunity to those who've had the virus when, as far as I know, the antibodies produced by having contracted the virus seem to be more robust than the ones produced from the vaccine. I still wouldn't take my chance with the virus mind you, so I went ahead and got vaccinated.

All in all, I'd reiterate my faith in the vaccine and in the methodology behind getting a drug to market with the current levels of oversight and scrutiny in place. Drugs don't appear on the market out of nowhere, and approvals and homologations aren't conducted in secrecy. Even when drugs and treatments are approved, they don't become standard of care without the medical communities weighing in on them. So the procedures are in place in our societies that are, to me, sufficient and worthy of my trust.

Idaho hospital forced to turn away hundreds of transfer patients amid Covid surge

"Idaho hospitals are so overwhelmed with the surge in coronavirus cases that doctors and nurses have to contact dozens of regional hospitals across the West in hopes of finding places to transfer individual critical patients.

The situation has grown so bad that the Idaho Department of Health and Wellness announced Thursday that the entire state is in a hospital resource crisis, permitting medical facilities to ration health care and triage patients.

Kootenai Health, a hospital in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, has already converted a conference room into an overflow Covid unit, started paying traveling nurses $250 an hour and brought in a military medical unit.

"It's just nonstop trying to find placement for these patients and the care that they need," said Brian Whitlock, the president and CEO of the Idaho Hospital Association, who noted that hospitals across the state are struggling with the same issue. "It really is a minute-by-minute assessment of where beds are open, and hospitals saying we don't know where we're going to put the next one."

Idaho hospital forced to turn away hundreds of transfer patients amid Covid surge (yahoo.com)

I remember this talk about "Death Panels" a few years ago. It seems that we're on the cusp of those becoming a reality. We "freedumbed" our way into it.

Here's an interesting commentary I read by a gene therapy scientist (Dr J.W. Ulm) considering the safety of multiple boosters:

LNP-containing mRNA vaccines represent a novel Type 3 in this classification: enlisting both MHC-II-mediated (through dendritic cells and other APCs) and cytotoxic MHC-I-mediated immunostimulation, but against a far broader array of MHC-I-presenting cells and tissues than the wild-type virus, particularly for LNPs with unselective tissue tropisms. There is potential for enhanced immunostimulatory impact through this process, but also elevated risk of cytotoxic, inflammatory, and autoimmune effects, even more so if the liposomal particles can traverse the blood-brain barrier to enter, for example, motor neurons or oligodendrocytes (the glial cells targeted in multiple sclerosis). These effects, in turn, depend critically on the organ and tissue profile of the cells that receive the LNPs, translate the mRNA payload, and dock the antigenic protein on MHC-I cell-surface molecules. This is doubly true in the case of COVID-19 in light of the still-evolving picture of SARS-CoV-2 immunology. Immune responses appear to be incremental and fleeting, both for natural and vaccine-mediated immunity, suggesting a likely need for multiple boosters after an initial inoculation. Therefore, if cytotoxic responses to integral tissues are transpiring through MHC-I-mediated presentation of SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, the effects may be at first subclinical, manifesting fully only after successive immunizations over months or years.

The lipid nanoparticles encasing the mRNA are trade secrets that the companies don't need to disclosure. Essentially he's concerned that because we don't have pharmacokinetics studies checking where the LNPs are entering tissue and subsequently expressing spike protein, it's possible that spike proteins are being expressed on the cell membranes of integral tissues which are then targeted by T killer cells (the cells of the immune system tasked with destroying cells that appear infected) and destroyed. During the first immunizations, the destroying the integral tissue may be small enough to be sub-clinical. However giving people booster shots multiple times may cause cumulative damage that bring this sub-clinical damage to clinical levels.

Definitely a good hypothesis, and may be what's happening in cases of myocarditis i.e. LNPs encasing mRNA escaping the injecting site, ending up inside cells of the heart which then express the spike protein and are subsequently destroyed by T cells - causing symptomatology.

"Well I got two shots and I was fine, so I will forever be fine so matter how many boosters I get," is peak dimwit reasoning. These people can't even phantom the complex web of variables they never ever considered.

Idaho hospital forced to turn away hundreds of transfer patients amid Covid surge

"Idaho hospitals are so overwhelmed with the surge in coronavirus cases that doctors and nurses have to contact dozens of regional hospitals across the West in hopes of finding places to transfer individual critical patients.

The situation has grown so bad that the Idaho Department of Health and Wellness announced Thursday that the entire state is in a hospital resource crisis, permitting medical facilities to ration health care and triage patients.

Kootenai Health, a hospital in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, has already converted a conference room into an overflow Covid unit, started paying traveling nurses $250 an hour and brought in a military medical unit.

"It's just nonstop trying to find placement for these patients and the care that they need," said Brian Whitlock, the president and CEO of the Idaho Hospital Association, who noted that hospitals across the state are struggling with the same issue. "It really is a minute-by-minute assessment of where beds are open, and hospitals saying we don't know where we're going to put the next one."

Idaho hospital forced to turn away hundreds of transfer patients amid Covid surge (yahoo.com)

I remember this talk about "Death Panels" a few years ago. It seems that we're on the cusp of those becoming a reality. We "freedumbed" our way into it.

Isn't Idaho filled with COVID-19 non-believers anyway?

<Fedor23>

Seriously though...I wonder if this story turns out like the "gunshot victims waiting in line" or "Joe Rogan horse dewormer" stories that the media loved so much recently.

It's funny to see Nicki Minaj getting torn apart in the media, just because she said she wasn't sure about taking the vaccine just yet.

if the govt actually cared for our health they would do something about the obesity rates and make healthy foods cheaper instead of putting corn syrup into everything including baby formula

Our government doesn't put corn syrup into anything. Capitalist companies do.

Isn't Idaho filled with COVID-19 non-believers anyway?

<Fedor23>

Seriously though...I wonder if this story turns out like the "gunshot victims waiting in line" or "Joe Rogan horse dewormer" stories that the media loved so much recently.

It's funny to see Nicki Minaj getting torn apart in the media, just because she said she wasn't sure about taking the vaccine just yet.

It's not that she's not sure about getting the vaccine, it's that she also tweeted..

tucker-carlson-nicki-minaj.jpg

"This condition is an infection of the testicle and sometimes the epididymis (epididymo-orchitis). Orchitis is when one or both of the testicles are inflamed or swollen. Many different types of bacteria and viruses are the culprits for orchitis such as the mumps or sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhea or chlamydia."

Testicular Swelling, Swollen Testicle Causes, Hydrocele | University of Utah Health

It might be possible that her cousin's homie got burnt, burnt his girl, and his girl says "buh-bye!" and now he wants to put the blame on the Covid vaccine because that's the cause du jour.... It's entirely possible...

you mean like in canada where government acts like its has a right over your bodily autonomy cause they pay your healthcare?

also you really think national healthcare fixes the problem of corrupt politicians making corrupt decisions that serve their own self interest?
Nevermind that Canada's healthcare is pounded shit and on the verge of total collapse in many provinces lol

Our politics are way too different to compare countries. The conservative government here in nova scotia just won a majority by promising 500+ million to fixing healthcare and the Liberals spent 8 years cutting healthcare every chance they got to balance the books and fucking over every union.

Right, our government only subsidizes corn and soy farming with taxpayer dollars to facilitate those demands.

So you want them to no longer subsidize farmers? They subsidize farmers to produce that ethanol fuel too.

It's not that she's not sure about getting the vaccine, it's that she also tweeted..

tucker-carlson-nicki-minaj.jpg

"This condition is an infection of the testicle and sometimes the epididymis (epididymo-orchitis). Orchitis is when one or both of the testicles are inflamed or swollen. Many different types of bacteria and viruses are the culprits for orchitis such as the mumps or sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhea or chlamydia."

Testicular Swelling, Swollen Testicle Causes, Hydrocele | University of Utah Health

It might be possible that her cousin's homie got burnt, burnt his girl, and his girl says "buh-bye!" and now he wants to put the blame on the Covid vaccine because that's the cause du jour.... It's entirely possible...
Solid point, but why did the white house invite her to talk to Fauci and she declined because she has to take care of her baby.

then she exposed the white house for inviting her on Twitter and they issued a public statement lying, saying they never invited her?

suspicious

Back