Question About the Film The Fugitive

it's a flaw in the movie storyline, but yeah, it's a movie, so oh well.

Not as big a flaw as the fact that Richard Kimble was convicted in the first place. Richard Kimble is white and rich. White rich people are not convicted of shit unless they are diddling children or doing weird sex shit. Shit, black rich people are not convicted of shit unless they are diddling children or doing weird sex shit.

Richard should have been doing all this leg work in his time between surgeries at the hospital and from his cellphone on the golf course.

Kimble didn't have positraction Marisa Tomei on his legal defense team.

In Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones has no real effect on anything that happens.
I saw this on Big Bang Theory, but it's actually not true.

First of all, if he wasn't involved, a lot of the "good" characters and many of his friends in the movie would have been killed by the Nazi's. Also, without him being there at the Ark's opening ceremony, the U.S. would have never known where to find it and it likely would have been recovered by a secondary Nazi unit, who would have then seen it's capabilities, and figured out a way to properly weaponize it.

I saw this on Big Bang Theory, but it's actually not true.

First of all, if he wasn't involved, a lot of the "good" characters and many of his friends in the movie would have been killed by the Nazi's. Also, without him being there at the Ark's opening ceremony, the U.S. would have never known where to find it and it likely would have been recovered by a secondary Nazi unit, who would have then seen it's capabilities, and figured out a way to properly weaponize it.

All the "good" characters were just there helping him, without Indy none of them get involved. They would have just taken the amulet from Marion and that would be it. They were government agents, not cartel--they only harmed people who got in their way.

All the "good" characters were just there helping him, without Indy none of them get involved. They would have just taken the amulet from Marion and that would be it.
Marion definitely would have been killed when she refused to give up the amulet. The Nazi's were already after her before Indiana even got involved.

As for Sallah, his family, and his men, there is no way to know how it would have played out without Indiana. He was already investigating the Nazis' digging sites before Indiana arrived. He could have discovered, on his own, what the Nazis were doing, the Nazis could have discovered his men spying on them, the Nazis could have insisted that his team help them after they failed to locate the Ark, or nothing could have happened.

Still, even if they all, hypothetically, survived without Indiana. You can't refute, that without Jones, the U.S. never would have been able to locate the Ark at the end of the movie. Leaving it lost, for anyone to find, or, more likely, re-recovered by the Nazis. Making him crucial to the conclusion of the movie.
They were government agents, not cartel--they only harmed people who got in their way.
Um, are you arguing that Nazis would never needlessly kill people?

I think there's a few millions of people that would disagree.

If a bullfrog had wings, it wouldn't bump its ass when it hops. But it don't so it do.

All I know is it was a damn good movie. I was maybe 9 or 10 when I saw it in theaters with my mama but I specifically remember being thoroughly on the edge of my seat.

All I know is it was a damn good movie. I was maybe 9 or 10 when I saw it in theaters with my mama but I specifically remember being thoroughly on the edge of my seat.
It still is a great movie I just think the writers were stuck in a pickle trying to make Kimble a law biding citizen yet at the same time an escapee from a prison transport. This is what they came up with.

Not as big a flaw as the fact that Richard Kimble was convicted in the first place. Richard Kimble is white and rich. White rich people are not convicted of shit unless they are diddling children or doing weird sex shit. Shit, black rich people are not convicted of shit unless they are diddling children or doing weird sex shit.

Richard should have been doing all this leg work in his time between surgeries at the hospital and from his cellphone on the golf course.
IIRC the biggest evidence was that her skin was under his fingernails and her muffled cries on the answering machine saying his name. There is no way a defense attorney could not have raised reasonable doubt on that. Especially a high priced one that he could have afforded.

his wife's last words were taken the wrong way,she steered them towards Kimble,

and irl people have been sent down with less evidence
Agreed. People have been sent down with less evidence which made it plausible.

IIRC the biggest evidence was that her skin was under his fingernails and her muffled cries on the answering machine saying his name. There is no way a defense attorney could not have raised reasonable doubt on that. Especially a high priced one that he could have afforded.
Was his wife crying out his name on an answering machine or 911 voice recording? If I remember correctly the skin was his under her fingernails, her scratch marks were on his neck, and his fingerprints were on the murder weapon, the pistol. Never mind the who done it factor from the movie, it's within reason to believe that he would have been on the suspect list given the above.

My guess is he had a shit lawyer and was probably in too much shock and or grievance to come with a good defense, he had an opportunity and took it. Fucking love that film though, probably my favorite Harrison Ford movie.

Back