DebtCollectorMMA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Floyd: TBE
Khabib: Undefeated
Dustin: Wiped out all LWs except Khabib
Nate: avenged

McGregor doesn't have a single unavenged loss against a guy who wasn't the number 1 guy in the division. There's nothing wrong with being second best in the world. What's being said about him isn't justified until he has consecutive losses against journeymen.

No. There's nothing wrong with being the 2nd best.

But when a fighter and all his fans spend almost a decade exclaiming he's the best, then after he gets whooped start bragging about being almost the best, he and ya'll come off like Jay Baruchel in Million Dollar Baby.

Ya bragged him up, so now it's best to just shuddup and and take ya lumps, chump!

True, but he pretty much only competes against the elite of the elite. If he beat Gaethje, and Islam or something, then yeah he would be number 2, but currently he has so little competition he shouldn't even be ranked.

Confirmed: Artemij Sitenkov is the elite of the elite.
images

images

the guy only counts knockouts enter in panic and tries to submit Dustin.

I get that it’s easy to hate on Conor for a lot of his behaviors outside the cage and because he was earned a ton of money.

But to say that he “never was any good”or “always been overrated” is just pathetic. The dude flatlined Mendes and Aldo who at the time were the top dogs.

I applaud Conor for still fighting(regardless of the fact that he is not the same anymore) because I doubt anybody that is worth that many millions would keep getting in a cage.

You're going to get ripped for what appears to be a dumbshit take by a Conor fan, but from the UFC's perspective - I think the argument makes sense.

That's why I don't understand Rogan and others suggesting Diaz III next. From a fan's / logical perspective, yeah he's clearly on his way out. But if you are the UFC and you want to milk Conor, wouldn't putting him vs the winner of Chandler/Gaethje make more sense?

Yes, Conor's recent record is bad, but as the UFC you sell it as a "flukey" loss to the uncrowned champ and the goat. You do one more super fan friendly fight to keep him in the title stratosphere (either matchup is good) and, if he wins, Poirier IV makes sense next. If he loses, then you do Diaz III and retire/move up/whatever.

Fact: Conor McGregor's second best win at 155 is Ivan Buchinger. I think fairly highly of Ivan Buchinger but he's also the second best win of guys nobody has heard of.

I don't think McGregor is built for 155. He's a small ass dude. He should go back to 145, if Max can make it still, so can Conor...

Only because he isn't fighting those guys, I think there are plenty of LW's who would defeat Conor, relatively easily in some cases.

We have to discuss Conor like a 34 year old, going on 35 after a vicious leg break. Because whenever he does come back, that's what he'll be. Conor might never win another fight at LW, if I'm being completely honest.

I think there are plenty of LW's in the 10-25 range who would beat Conor, so imo his ranking is mostly marketing with little substance.

conor is a 145lber who can't seem to stay there because of his ego. greatest talent weve seen at 145 though.

I don't think McGregor is built for 155. He's a small ass dude. He should go back to 145, if Max can make it still, so can Conor...
yeah no hes not, hes a LW, with that muscle mass hes not going anywhere, I bet he even struggles with 155 now, hence his fight with Cerrone at 'WW'

Back