✝️ R.I.P. BIGWAVERIDER The Greatest Sherbro of All Time!

Arqueto

'luminous beings are we, not this crude matter'
@Gold
Reaction score
This is the hardest thing I've ever had to write on Sherdog. I still can't even believe this is true. My heart is broken. I haven't stopped crying since I found out. @bigwaverider has passed away. I received an email from his Nephew asking me to call him and after talking to him he told me that our Sherbro and my brother @bigwaverider had passed away.

His family asked me to let you guys know as they know how much we all loved him here and how much he was respected. He helped all of us, he brought joy, and laughter, and would do anything for anybody if they asked.

I want this so much to be some kind of awful joke but I'm afraid it isn't. I'm not going to get into what happened as this is all new and I'm still trying to come to terms with this myself, but I want us to let his family know how much we loved him and how much he means to us all.

I'll get a shoop thread up in a few days so we can send our brother off in the style he deserves. He loved the shoop scene here and it brought him so much joy, he loved it when somebody would contact him and ask him how to start shooping and that is exactly how we met and became great friends.

He was a mentor to me, a true friend and one of the greatest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I consider myself lucky that I got to become such good friends with him over the years.

He taught me so much I don't even know where to begin. I struggled so much but he was always there and when I was too dumb to understand something he was explaining to me (which was all the time) he would take the time to make a video tutorial and make it look and sound so simple.

He was there for me when my Grandad passed and asked me every day how I was doing and went above and beyond to put a smile on my face with his amazing art and kind words.

I'm going to miss him so much and I still can't believe this has happened. I love you brother. Say hello to my Grandad for me in heaven. I'm sure you two will get along.

If you want to post a shoop please do but I will get a thread up for the biggest and best shoop thread that Sherdog has ever seen in a couple of days. I need some time.

Please offer your condolences to his family and let's show them how much he was loved here.

From his nephews:

"Thank you all for the kinda words, My name is Patrick Shaffer, I am @bigwaverider nephew. There is no words to put how gut wrenching this sudden loss is for me and my family. My family and I wanted to let EVERY SINGLE ONE of you know how much you meant to Mike in his life. Birthdays, Holidays didn't matter he always had something to say, or show what he was doing on the site. He dedicated a lot of time here so I felt it was only right to come on here and thank all of you for being the best community there is on the web. He truly dedicated a lot of time here and it meant the world to him. I am deeply saddened by this event but I know his spirit and memory will go on through his art, and I love you guys for that. I also want to say something small to @Arqueto. He spoke so highly of you every time i seen my uncle he loved helping you and seeing your progression . He considered you a dear friend, from the bottom of my heart that you and all of you sherbros for giving my uncle joy and happiness during his time here"

"Hey guys, my name is Adam. @bigwaverider was my uncle and would always tell me about this place and how much he enjoyed his time here. From the time I was a child, he was the one who got me into playing video games and learning the internet. If it wasn't for him I truly wouldn't be who I am today. It's truly amazing reading through this thread and seeing how loved he was by this community. Thank you all for making his time here memorable. All love from the family. RIP Uncle Mike."

From his sister

"This is Brenda , Michaels sister. I am at a loss for words to express how I feel over the passing of my beloved sweet caring generous kind brother. What I can say as this community meant the world to him and your friendship was all love to him. Thank you Arqueto for sharing Mike memory. I know you were all very important to him. I love you all for loving him ❤️"

What?

Excuse my initial one liner above totally shocked.

Been a rough year around here, sad news like this is hard to digest.

Wasn't that long ago this dude fixed me up an AV.

I'm sure everyone will join me in saying RIP, you'll be missed around here an awful lot.
Best wishes to his friends and family.

Last edited:
No. Fucking. Way.

Got damn it.

This has been such a horrible fucking year in regards to long term, kind and selfless Sherbros.

BWR would give you the digital shirt off of his back. He spent so much time helping us with avs and was such a positive presence. I'm gutted.

I really don't even know what to really say. BWR and Grego in only a few months time. I need a fucking beer.

EDIT: I just feel compelled to add to this post to demonstrate how good of a person BWR was. One day a fellow Sherbro admitted openly that he was sick and bed ridden, had no money and was using an old tablet to access Suredawg. BWR being the amazing guy that he was, PM'd me telling me the story, and he and I got together with a few others to kick in some money to purchase the poster a new tablet so he could better enjoy his time while he was here.

To say that BWR was one of the best and most giving people here would probably be an understatement. This is a huge loss for so many people here. Truly. I cannot imagine what his family is going through.

Speechless. He added so much to this site. I am so sorry for his family and friends I honestly don't know what to say. I appreciate you letting us know Arqueto and I'm sorry for your loss. I know you two were good friends. May he rest in peace.

Man what the fuck?

no way

Edit: I didn't really know what to respond other than state my obvious disbelief. I didn't know BWR well but the interactions I've had with him were always positive. He was one of those guys that you would just never see being negative. It's a shame that those people always seem to carry the biggest load on them. He was a very sweet guy, as evidenced by this little interaction I had with him on my page...

upload_2022-6-30_17-20-20.png

Rest In Power, you absolute legend.

Last edited:
Damn, RIP to the best shooper of all time. He truly will be missed by many.
michaeljordan-crying.gif

Back