RA the Rugged Man

pv3Hpv3p

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Anyone a fan?

I'm mostly a classic rock/jam band/hippy-shit type of fella but...

Huge fan. Wish he would evolve his stype to modernize a bit... like Will Smith did. RA is dope but he is doing the identical rap in 2020 and 2019 as he did in 2010 and 1999.

Can’t bring myself to push play, I’d rather imagine it sounds great.

he is a very skilled rapper , I think cage and R.A should have had bigger careers than they had. R.A would have benefited well if the internet was good in the 90's after the record labels blackballed him.

he is a very skilled rapper , I think cage and R.A should have had bigger careers than they had. R.A would have benefited well if the internet was good in the 90's after the record labels blackballed him.
*snowballed

Reactions: HHJ
He's a real one.

Love this song, especially his verse about his father in 'Nam.

Huge fan. Wish he would evolve his stype to modernize a bit... like Will Smith did. RA is dope but he is doing the identical rap in 2020 and 2019 as he did in 2010 and 1999.
good point he has good skills and technique but he has not evolved or been very creative in his songs.

Of all rappers, you decided to use Will Smith as the barometer for change? Couldn't you have picked someone that is similar in style?

I can't hear a single mainstream rapper nowadays without wanting to throw up. They all suck and you won't convince me otherwise.

Having RA around is cool for us fellows who like old school rap. I honestly don't think he cares if 12 years old girls or wanna be though guys meatheads listen to his music.

BTW. His new album is really good.

Haven't listened to his new album, but the last one was great.

I guess I like it because it has that old school quality, but I hear what you're saying.

Posted this in the music section -him rapping to the Taylor Swift beat -the video is an absolute shoopgasm of genius.

Of all rappers, you decided to use Will Smith as the barometer for change? Couldn't you have picked someone that is similar in style?
Came up in same era. Not that much to compare whos till do music asides Eminem. But Eminem hasn't changed much either, Will was just someone I heard very recently and surprised that he "modernized" his style in the Joyner track.

Never been a big fan myself, Cunt Renaissance/Every Record Label was a good release

50,000 Heads remix was dope too, but those tunes were blessed with class production and guests spots.

Did a spot on a Stig Of The Dump tune a while back which was a good paiting, Stig is pretty much the Northern English version of RA.

Good to see he's getting some love for his last album though, good for him, just didn't enjoy it myself

Wish there was a version of this with just Derek X on it and no RA

RA's definitely evolved since the crustified dibs days, he had some great songs back then but hes on an entirely different level now. Alot of older MCs that try to "evolve" their style end up going backwards.

Back