Racing sims discussion....

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Thought id rehash this thread. Anyone playing sims? I gave up on GT Sport. The penalty system is game breaking imo. Just got PC2. Awesome car/track list but the graphics are very inconsistent. Still an amazing game though. Love to be able to race Spa in a kart lol. Anyone play AC? I may get that next....

Fyi. I use a controller. May get a wheel someday which any tips would be appreciated

May get a wheel someday which any tips would be appreciated

Logitech is a good entry level wheel/pedal setup. When it comes to which racing Sim to get iRacing is the best. Their pricing structure is a bit ridiculous though. A monthly subscription fee occurs every month. Once you start leveling up your license the tracks and higher performance cars require a additional one time purchase to use them.

Cost associated with Sim Racing in general is quite expensive. Beside getting a wheel/pedal setup the next major cost is a triple monitor setup or VR headset. Thats a 1K investment just to have the bare minimum.

I bought Gran Turismo 5 for PS3, and unlocked some stuff until it started getting harder to win races. I'll pick up it again when I can focus my mind on the tougher challenge. The secret I didn't know was you can tune the stock car right before the race starts to emphasize max speed over quicker up shifting or vice versa.

I started Project Cars 2 PS4, using controller with many recommended settings adjustments, and started at the very bottom for career mode. It was getting boring and didn't really like the having to do practice lap, then race. I just wanted to race and learn the track while doing the actual race. Because of this, I didn't really get to use the cool cars yet. Still stuck in some cart league.

Racing games this generation = Forza. Everything else is bullshit. Maybe Dirt 4 doesn't suck, but it's not for everyone.

Full simulation is another story.

mario kart 64 was pretty dope back in the day.

Racing games this generation = Forza. Everything else is bullshit. Maybe Dirt 4 doesn't suck, but it's not for everyone.

Full simulation is another story.

Try Wreckfest. That shit is awesome.

How accurate are racing games' representation of specific cars' performance? I watched a Corvette C5 documentary and the various engineers and designers cited all sorts of design changes that were supposed to improve performance.

I'm having success using Corvette C7, I think, in Gran Turismo 6 and am wondering if I should use C5. The Lancer Evolution VIII is also good even when not tuned to come close to the race PP limit.

How accurate are racing games' representation of specific cars' performance? I watched a Corvette C5 documentary and the various engineers and designers cited all sorts of design changes that were supposed to improve performance.

I'm having success using Corvette C7, I think, in Gran Turismo 6 and am wondering if I should use C5. The Lancer Evolution VIII is also good even when not tuned to come close to the race PP limit.
I don't play GT, but in Forza you can swap most cars with V12s and V8s, and this is not very realistic.

I'm sure these real life improvements doesn't translate to gameplay.

How accurate are racing games' representation of specific cars' performance?

Most titles use basic performance statistics off of(most likely) manufacturer released diagnostics.

Did a few more races in Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 and the Subaru Impreza 22B and Scirocco R '10 are very good cars. Handles ok and can be very fast! I did a restricted turbo race and a restricted Europe race on tracks with so many sharp turns and surprised I took 1st place on one try.

Besides GT Sport, what's the best racing simulator on PS4 with an extensive campaign?

Besides GT Sport, what's the best racing simulator on PS4 with an extensive campaign?

F1 2019 and the DiRT series.

There's also the new GRID game, but I haven't tried it yet.

I've always been a F1 guy. Haven't had as much time to play lately because sitting down for a half length race including quali and practice (i played season) was usually a 60-90min exercise.

I got WRC because it was cheap. Haven't really played it because I don't have a h-stick. IMO, paddle shifters aren't enough for rally games, you need a H shifter.

It'll be sacrilegious, but I've never gotten into the likes of Forza and GT

I barely played Project Cars 2, but it has a career mode that starts as low as karts, I think, so there's a way to climb. Controller works if you adjust all sorts of controller settings.

I tried the dirt races in Gran Turismo 6 for the first time. What a pain in the ass. So slippery, too much dust obstructing view, can't build up speed because you keep slamming into stuff. When you do build up speed, you fly up and above the road. I used the Lancer Evolution.

Got a New 2DS XL so am about to dip my toes into the world of Mario Kart 7.

Is there a particular car that's good to use?

Wish we could get another World of Outlaws (sprintcars) which was the only reason i ever owned a PS system which was PS2 and this game was exclusive...The hours i put into that game!

Got a New 2DS XL so am about to dip my toes into the world of Mario Kart 7.

Is there a particular car that's good to use?
It's a kids game, use anyone you like. It's pretty well balanced.

Back