Racing sims discussion....

I'd love another Drag Racing game like the old NHRA ones but with more depth and car options.
But I also understand it's hard to make a drag racing game appealing to people. My girlfriend does drag racing (6.999 second V8 Chevy Big block 10L engine on a modified dragster with NOS) and the majority of the appeal as a spectator is the noise, a game where you race for 3 - 14 seconds is hard to make exciting.

I'd love another Drag Racing game like the old NHRA ones but with more depth and car options.
But I also understand it's hard to make a drag racing game appealing to people. My girlfriend does drag racing (6.999 second V8 Chevy Big block 10L engine on a modified dragster with NOS) and the majority of the appeal as a spectator is the noise, a game where you race for 3 - 14 seconds is hard to make exciting.
Forza 7 has drag mode, Horizon 4 has 1/4 at the festival, 1/2 mile at the Aerodrome, 1 mile at the Beach and Ice Lake (winter only), and a 4 mile drag race on the highway. It's not NHRA but it's cool.

Forza 7 has drag mode, Horizon 4 has 1/4 at the festival, 1/2 mile at the Aerodrome, 1 mile at the Beach and Ice Lake (winter only), and a 4 mile drag race on the highway. It's not NHRA but it's cool.

I've got like all the Forza Games from the last 10 years and never played them lmao actually I think I've played Forza Horizon 1 or 2? one of them came with my Xbox one and I had no money at the time for a 2nd game

I completed a 4 race GP in Mario Kart 7 and this doesn't seem like a game I'd want to play much. Good thing it was free with the New 2DS XL.

I completed a 4 race GP in Mario Kart 7 and this doesn't seem like a game I'd want to play much. Good thing it was free with the New 2DS XL.

ITT we learned that Mario Kart is a sim racer apparently.

I play on PS4 and I'd love a good racing sim. I had GT sport but it felt more like a tech demo.

I play on PS4 and I'd love a good racing sim. I had GT sport but it felt more like a tech demo.
I read they made update patches to add a lot of singleplayer content and cars. If they made it so you don't need to save online, I'd probably buy if $9.99.

I saw someone recommend the Nissan GTR R35 in Gran Turismo 6, so did enough Kart races to save the money to buy it. It's better than the Corvette C7! Seems faster while staying within the PP limits for the "graduation" race series to get to iA and easier to control.

I saw someone recommend the Nissan GTR R35 in Gran Turismo 6, so did enough Kart races to save the money to buy it. It's better than the Corvette C7! Seems faster while staying within the PP limits for the "graduation" race series to get to iA and easier to control.
Every Skyline is top tier in any game you can think of.

Every Skyline is top tier in any game you can think of.
Surely there are cars that perform better.

I thought the Corvette C7 was great, but in these 5 race races to get into iA, I struggled with keeping up with the other cars and often slid into the rails when it became too hard to control at high speeds. The R35 Touring Car got me 1st place in 3 of the first 3 of 5 races I attempted. Didn't totally smoke everyone, since 2nd place was very close behind me in the 3rd race. I think this R35 is even available as a Hot Wheels car with same liveries.

Finished the Gran Turismo 6 All Stars 5 race series taking 1st in 4 of 5 races and passed the iA license test, but the maxed out Nissan GTR R35 could no longer dominate the competition.

EDIT: Nissan GTR R35 Touring Car is pretty good. Did two races in a iA series and took 1st place after tuning it to a bit above the PP limit then adding ballast and limiting the power to get to the PP limit. May have also used the transmission setting to boost max speed a bit. Got it powerful enough to take 1st around the second to last lap, but not too powerful where it's too out of control or can't brake effectively.

Last edited:
Anyone played GT sport in VR? If so how is it?

Anyone played GT sport in VR? If so how is it?
I'm guessing it's just cockpit view that even the old games let you use. I use 3rd person outside the car view. I used to use the view that had rearview mirror.

In Gran Turismo 6, saw people suggest using the TommyKaira ZZII for iA races. Bought it and maxed tuned it and should have just saved the money and used Lancer Evolution X Rally Car which is fast enough to take 1st place in the two iA races I tried so far. I don't see what's special about TommyKaira ZZII. Doesn't seem fast enough or agile enough.

From seeing other recommendations, I'm looking to buy the Chevy Jeff Gordon SS, Corvette C6 whatevers special race car version, some special RX-7.

Apparently in certain straight tracks, the regular Skyline R34 can beat very expensive super cars, including those with higher power and PP.

The Mercedes Vision GT (acquired free somehow) takes 1st place more easily in Like The Wind long oval track race.

Last edited:
What's a good $1.9 mil to $2 mil car? I grinded about $1 mil and don't want to buy an expensive lemon and have to grind some more.

So far, when I lose, it's to:

Ferrari FXX
Pagani Huayra '13
Bugatti Veyron

What's a good GT3 car that's fast and easy to handle?

Last edited:
Knowing is half the battle...

So apparently with the free Mercedes Benz AMG Vision GT, you can buy a transmission part that then lets you adjust the max speed higher, I think where it sacrifices acceleration or gear shifting time. With this, in the Like The Wind oval race, I can get 1st place with very big cushion to earn around 70k+ credits for one long lap. The Skyline R34 can take 1st place with ease too with transmission at max speed.

Now no longer itching to spend ~2 mil credits for fast car to grind in this race, so considering Ferrari FXX or Bugatti Veyron, but the Veyron has higher HP but lower PP so I'm guessing it's hard to control.

Back