Racing sims discussion....

I just realized I don't recall seeing any Porsches in Gran Turismo. I saw a video suggesting the Porsche 911 GT3 is fast and wanted to use it.

I'm replaying Gran Turismo 2 from scratch. There are two new Lancer Evolution VI with slightly different names and one is $30k+ and the other is $26k+. Which is better? They both show same HP. I'm guessing maybe one might be potentially tuned higher.

I think I've seen other cars with same name, but different price tag probably due to color.

I just realized I don't recall seeing any Porsches in Gran Turismo. I saw a video suggesting the Porsche 911 GT3 is fast and wanted to use it.
I believe Porsche may have an exclusive deal with Microsoft because every Forza has a Porsche expansion. Hell, they launched the GT2 RS at their E3 conference.

I remember PS1 Gran Turismo licensing tests being a big pain in the ass. I'm replaying Gran Turismo 2 and blew through most licensing tests on 1-3 tries or so, and there were 4 that I felt were impossible no matter how many times I tried until I watched the demo and changed my strategy and finally passed all the GT2 license tests. I cannot believe it's possible to get gold on all of these tests.

I wish they had made it easier to change car settings and save multiple preference car settings.

I read they made update patches to add a lot of singleplayer content and cars. If they made it so you don't need to save online, I'd probably buy if $9.99.
Picked it up again for $15 and yeah they added a ton of content. Still looks and plays great too

Picked it up again for $15 and yeah they added a ton of content. Still looks and plays great too
They do a monthly update and always add cars sometimes tracks.

Is it still where you must save online? What happens when they shut down the server? Is the game then unplayable?

They do a monthly update and always add cars sometimes tracks.
Where's the money coming from to fund them making monthly updates? Product placement ads?

Where's the money coming from to fund them making monthly updates? Product placement ads?
I guess. They have the watch prominently displayed during the loading screen and now there are a bunch of ads for the live tournaments. The updates are getting better too it seems. They just added Spa. Its awesome.

Is it still where you must save online? What happens when they shut down the server? Is the game then unplayable?
Must be because when I rebooted the game I thought I would have to start over but it said it found my save data online.

I feel like if I bought Gran Turismo Sport now, they'll shut down the server and focus on Gran Turismo 7 for PS5.

Replaying PS1 Gran Turismo 2 and in this FR only race, mostly get 2nd or last place. Even with sports tires, sometimes can't get back to normal after oversteering and end up facing wrong way. Need to drive without any mistakes to win 1st place and got maybe Nissan 270R prize car. Not sure if I want to put credits into tuning that since the Skyline R32 is my FR car and I want the Subaru 22B which is also FR, I think.

What cars do you like to use? I prefer a later Lancer Evolution or Skyline or Corvette. The Viper has a lot of power, but hard to control.

I feel like if I bought Gran Turismo Sport now, they'll shut down the server and focus on Gran Turismo 7 for PS5.
I dont know. They are still adding quite a bit of content. They just added Spa F1 track.

I dont know. They are still adding quite a bit of content. They just added Spa F1 track.
Would you say Gran Turismo Sport is a big improvement over Gran Turismo 6 PS3 which I still play and enjoy?

Would you say Gran Turismo Sport is a big improvement over Gran Turismo 6 PS3 which I still play and enjoy?
Never played it. Previous one I played was 4 I believe

Never played it. Previous one I played was 4 I believe
Gran Turismo 4 is what I bought used and put it down after feeling like I can't get enough money to buy a better car to compete in these crazy hard tracks with sharp turns. I might try it again and see if there are easier races for my shitty starter car.

It's very different, it's Sony trying the e-sports route with a racing game. The gameplay is solid and the visuals are astonishing, but you don't have the campaign and progression like the old ones. If you don't like racing online, don't buy it.

I don't think anybody will care, but Sony is closing their Driveclub servers today.

I remember the hype in 2014 for the Forza killer.

1600153_0.jpg

LOL

What is the opinion on the Project Cars games? My cousin just gave me a steam key for the deluxe edition, and I'm wondering about if I should install it, since I don't usually play racing games.

Is it very good? More sim or arcadey?

What is the opinion on the Project Cars games? My cousin just gave me a steam key for the deluxe edition, and I'm wondering about if I should install it, since I don't usually play racing games.

Is it very good? More sim or arcadey?
It's an awesome game. Much bigger car/track selection than GT Sport. It's more Sim than Arcadey

Back