Multiplatform RAINBOW SIX SIEGE

The test server is up.
I need to go get stomped on PC then it seems this weekend lol.

It's still taking a bit for me to get used to keyboard and mouse.

I can say even without playing I am not a huge fan of the idea of being able to pilot drones while dead or Echo being able to spawn peek, get domed early, and still be on his Yokai all match.

Sounds like cross play is coming.

Cross progression I would be a fan of, cross play not so much.

Yea putting PC players with console players is a bad idea. Every game should have cross progression at this point.

Yea putting PC players with console players is a bad idea. Every game should have cross progression at this point.
Ubisoft does it for their other titles but not their longest running one in Siege.....

Why would they do such a thing?

I need to go get stomped on PC then it seems this weekend lol.

It's still taking a bit for me to get used to keyboard and mouse.

I can say even without playing I am not a huge fan of the idea of being able to pilot drones while dead or Echo being able to spawn peek, get domed early, and still be on his Yokai all match.

People keep saying well you can just die early and use a drone. You're still putting your team at a major disadvantage by dying. No one is going to die early just so they can get on drones.
I don't really like the drone thing either. They need to make it like each one only has so much battery or only 1 can be operated at a time. No Yokai control either, it's too powerful. I'm okay with Maestro control though. At least it's in the TS so it won't be going live. Ubi needs to start using the TS for stuff like this.

Last edited:
Yea putting PC players with console players is a bad idea.
Why would they do such a thing?

Consoles have had official mouse/keyboard support for some time. I'd be surprised if Valve dont release CSGO and Riot Games with Valorant to the newer consoles with cross-play support. Likely RS6 will have the same option all cross-platform FPS's have with enabling cross-play.

Was also released in the Epic Games/Apple litigation that Sony only charges cross-platform based on usage. Dont recall if Microsoft charges with XBox.

RS6 also has no competitor on console with what im guessing is a really small user base. Opening up access for console players to their dedicated Pc users is a smart move.

Consoles have had official mouse/keyboard support for some time. I'd be surprised if Valve dont release CSGO and Riot Games with Valorant to the newer consoles with cross-play support. Likely RS6 will have the same option all cross-platform FPS's have with enabling cross-play.

Was also released in the Epic Games/Apple litigation that Sony only charges cross-platform based on usage. Dont recall if Microsoft charges with XBox.

RS6 also has no competitor on console with what im guessing is a really small user base. Opening up access for console players to their dedicated Pc users is a smart move.

R6 has had a keyboard/mouse problem for awhile now. They're not supposed to be used on either platform but people use those X-Aim things. The top ranks in both consoles are full of people using them. Ubi says being able to catch people using those devices is on Sony & Microsoft, there's nothing they can do on their end.
If they're going to open K/B official support I don't think you'll get a lot of people switching from their k/m adapters to official servers. Yes, some are going to switch but a lot won't if they can continue having that advantage.

Z6hziZT.jpg

My first 5 head play. Baited out Montagne's buddy, off the backboard, and Kobe.

They just announced the details for cross play. Xbox and PlayStation will have cross play. PC cross play will be with Luna and Stadia for some reason.

They just announced the details for cross play. Xbox and PlayStation will have cross play. PC cross play will be with Luna and Stadia for some reason.

What about cross progression? That’s what I really want given how much time I’ve spent on Xbox

So, the new season releases today right?

I tried it and when your team mates aren't in your field of view they jitter. I got dizzy in about 30 seconds of playing.
Well, my tower PC took a dump last night (I think Windows bricked itself by trying to repair after a BSOD and then the computer power cycled so YAY!) so I won't be on Siege on my PC any time soon most likely. Got a friendt hat works in IT I took it to for him to pull it apart and see if he can spot the problem. Might try to convince him to swap my MOBO out for one with more RAM and a second video card slot.

Did Ubi mention anything about cross progression?

NVM found the Polygon article. Cross Progression for all platforms early 2022... big oof.

E8tZRqQWYAAfEcH

TSM has Pojoman as a coach and that means he's going to be filling in. The return of Pojoman!
pojo-beaulo.jpg

Back