Randy Couture Looks at Josh Silveira as ‘The Guy’ in the PFL Light Heavyweight Division

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score

PFL NEWS & FEATURES
Randy Couture Looks at Josh Silveira as ‘The Guy’ in the PFL Light Heavyweight Division
FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsApp

TUDOR LEONTE AUG 3, 2023 COMMENTS

Randy Couture is excited about the entire Professional Fighters League playoffs, but he singled out one competitor in particular as an intriguing rising contender.

In a matter of days, the PFL playoffs will determine the first fighters who will reserve their spot in this year’s championships as the light heavyweights and featherweights will collide in San Antonio, Texas, on Aug. 4. One of the people who are most excited about the upcoming battles is former Ultimate Fighting Championship titleholder Randy Couture, who will look at the clashes from his privileged position as PFL commentator. While discussing the card with Sherdog, Couture applauded the format's intensity and competitiveness, which adds to the excitement of the fights. “The Natural” spent a few words for Joshua Silveira, whom Couture sees getting better and more refined with each season. According to Couture, Silveira’s combination of wrestling skills and continued improvement makes him a formidable opponent in the light heavyweight division.

“I think the guy I'm looking at in that division right now is Josh Silveira. He made it to the finals last year. Here's a 26-, 27-year-old kid that's got a great wrestling background and has literally grown up in the gym environment with his dad, Conan Silveira. He has just started to come into his own and really kind of figure out who he is, how he fits into this sport, and operating at the highest level that we've seen him operate at. I think you can make a case for any one of these guys, which always makes for a very interesting fight.”

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/videos/vide...y-in-the-PFL-Light-Heavyweight-Division-20231

Hi8McoV.gif

He should be, I honestly cant even remember who else is in the playoffs. its such a weak field.

If the PFL buying Bellator rumor is correct... things are about to get real.
He's best at 185 so assuming the merger is a formality he's IMO a future serious challenger for Johnny Eblen.

People will look at the Akhmetov loss and call him a fraud but really that was 2 middleweights fighting at 205 and Akhmetov is a seasoned veteran. It turned out to just be too much too soon. Josh is still a blue chip guy who has future world champion written all over him.

Back