Rank the Newer Assassin's Creed Games

Rank the Newer Assassin's Creed Games

• Total voters

Morning Star

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
After playing Valhalla for about 90 hours I have to say I don't think it stacks up to either Odyssey or Origins. Just wanted to see what the general consensus was.

IMO:

• Origins feels like the realist AC game. You are an actual Assassin. I loved the updates (Tesla like autopilot transport, hunting, crafting, your eagle, the skiff boats). Loved the Pyramids. The World did feel kinda dead at times, tbf it was a desert country. Also was a big fan of the combat upgrade after the same sorry system for like a decade.
  • Odyssey was fucking gorgeous. It didn't feel like an Assassin's Creed game at all. It actually felt like you were a demigod like Achilles or Hercules. The World was probably the prettiest of any AC game ever. Also they did a fantastic job of bringing back ships and ship customization not seen since Black Flag. I legit went to Greece after I played this game lol. Also dug getting to fight the mythical creatures.
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Set in a very familiar time period if you watch Vikings or The Last Kingdom. Honestly I'm struggling to get through this one. The combat is a bit too easy. Has some highs but has majorly backtracked on Ship customization and that Assassin feel. Honestly not a fan of the bird companion in this game at all either. Wish your crew would actually leave the boat other than raids too.

Overall I'd rank them

1. AC: Odyssey - Best Game
  2. AC: Origins - Best Assassin's Creed Game
  3. AC: Valhalla - Just another entry

Last edited:
How was Greece for you? :)

I've not played any of them since the 2nd one, and Odyssey is the only one i've felt tempted to dabble in.

Like yourself i enjoyed Odyssey the most but would regard Origins as being more creedy. They both do things better than the other but Odyssey hooked me a little more.

I haven't put much into Valhalla but my initial impression is that it tries to bridge the gap between old and new as well as catering to some player concerns but doesn't achieve much or just out right fails.

How was Greece for you? :)

I've not played any of them since the 2nd one, and Odyssey is the only one i've felt tempted to dabble in.

Went to Rhodes, Athens, and Mykonos. Rhodes was my favorite by far. So much history, cheap, Lindos was gorgeous, and Rhodes Town was amazing. Great food, awesome people. Loved Athens too. Went to a bunch of rooftop restaurants and bars there, can't beat the view. The Acropolis was amazing too. Mykonos was beautiful but only about partying (which I did plenty) but not much to see otherwise. Seriously want to visit a Greek Island every time I visit Europe now. Crete is at the top of my list.

They just ran that AC sale this weekend and I haven't played Odyssey or Val -- any opinions on which to get for players who haven't seen either?

I was a black flag 100% so at least I'll get the basic mechanics unless there's some crazy overhauls

They just ran that AC sale this weekend and I haven't played Odyssey or Val -- any opinions on which to get for players who haven't seen either?

I was a black flag 100% so at least I'll get the basic mechanics unless there's some crazy overhauls

Well if you like Black Flag I'd go Odyssey 1st for sure. Valhalla only has cosmetic ship upgrades, Odyssey has all the same type of upgrades like Black Flag. Also Greece and the Greek Isles are so much more lush, beautiful, and interesting IMO than dreary UK.

Last edited:
Went to Rhodes, Athens, and Mykonos. Rhodes was my favorite by far. So much history, cheap, Lindos was gorgeous, and Rhodes Town was amazing. Great food, awesome people. Loved Athens too. Went to a bunch of rooftop restaurants and bars there, can't beat the view. The Acropolis was amazing too. Mykonos was beautiful but only about partying (which I did plenty) but not much to see otherwise. Seriously want to visit a Greek Island every time I visit Europe now. Crete is at the top of my list.
Sweet! Thanks for sharing.
Always wanted to go since being brought up listing to Greek Mythology stories before bed as a kid... ever so slightly put off by the outrageous heat though.

Sweet! Thanks for sharing.
Always wanted to go since being brought up listing to Greek Mythology stories before bed as a kid... ever so slightly put off by the outrageous heat though.

No problem. The non-party areas (basically anywhere besides Mykonos and Santorini) are super cheap and have tons of history. The food Is amazing too. Couldn't recommend it more.

No problem. The non-party areas (basically anywhere besides Mykonos and Santorini) are super cheap and have tons of history. The food Is amazing too. Couldn't recommend it more.
I just mentioned to my GF and she says we're invited to a Wedding in Athens in like a year or so, so looks like i'll be going whether I like the heat or not lol.
:)

Well if you like Black Flag I'd go Odyssey 1st for sure. Valhalla only has cosmetic ship upgrades, Odyssey has all the same type of upgrades like Black Flag. Also Greece and the Greek Isles is so much more lush, beautiful, and interesting IMO than dreary UK.
I'm also the only one of my friends who hated the show Vikings so I come in with that disadvantage

If the combat systems get really deep I'd check them both out, but I heard Val combat is pretty simple?

I just mentioned to my GF and she says we're invited to a Wedding in Athens in like a year or so, so looks like i'll be going whether I like the heat or not lol.
:)

I went in July. Was warm but it's not like Vegas/Desert heat. Get some gelato my dude. So damn good in Greece

I'm also the only one of my friends who hated the show Vikings so I come in with that disadvantage

If the combat systems get really deep I'd check them both out, but I heard Val combat is pretty simple?

Yeah it's not a challenge, but I'm not going to pretend any AC game is all that deep when it comes to combat. Origins in my opinion felt like a step forward where Valhalla felt like a step back.

Yeah it's not a challenge, but I'm not going to pretend any AC game is all that deep when it comes to combat. Origins in my opinion felt like a step forward where Valhalla felt like a step back.
That reminds me, any major differences in the multiplayer? I thought brotherhood multi was the perfect balance of smoke duration, skills and map layout, but all the games since have felt too nerfed in ability effectiveness for pvp

That reminds me, any major differences in the multiplayer? I thought brotherhood multi was the perfect balance of smoke duration, skills and map layout, but all the games since have felt too nerfed in ability effectiveness for pvp

I haven't played multiplayer since Unity (The French Revolution one). Not even sure they have multiplayer anymore tbh.

I haven't played multiplayer since Unity (The French Revolution one). Not even sure they have multiplayer anymore tbh.
Best-Cry-Ever.gif

1. Odyssey
2. Origins
3. Valhalla

Odyssey had the more compelling storyline and the gameplay was good. Origins was more in-line with the original AC games. Valhalla really doesn't do anything better than either Odyssey or Origins. I feel like Valhalla is a lot of busy work that has no bearing on the main storyline. Plus, the bugs in Valhalla have been over and above an acceptable level.

Definitely Valhalla for me.

Origins
Valhalla
Odyssey.

I guess I'm in the minority here but I didn't care for Odyssey. Lack of shields, no hidden blade, boring main characters, despite black flag being my favorite AC I didn't like the ship combat in Odyssey either. The Neverending mercenaries were too damn annoying also. It was pretty though and Spartan kicking dudes off cliffs was a blast. It didn't feel like an AC game though.

Last edited:
Origins
Valhalla
Odyssey.

I guess I'm in the minority here but I didn't care for Odyssey. Lack of shields, no hidden blade, boring main characters, despite black flag being my favorite AC I didn't like the ship combat in Odyssey either. The Neverending mercenaries were too damn annoying also. It was pretty though and Spartan kicking dudes off cliffs was a blast. It didn't feel like an AC game though.

Good point on the lack of hidden blade and lack of shields. Was bummed I was a damn Spartan and couldn't even use a shield.

Also, I hate how Odyssey and Valhalla have dumbed down climbing to the point you can practically climb anything now. I remember when climbing to get your viewpoints used to take some effort and felt earned. Just feels lazy now.

Back