Movies Rank these actors from best to worst? Washington, Hanks, Oldman, Day-Lewis, Penn

Out of these actors - Who's the best?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have them ranked:

Daniel Day-Lewis
Gary Oldman
Tom Hanks
Denzel Washington
Sean Penn

Tough to call. Two immersive chameleon types in DDL / Oldman. Three who are very good at being authentic as someone not too far removed from themselves imagined in a given situation with the other three.

Hanks has been in a lot of good movies but his acting never struck me as outstanding. I've still never seen a DDL movie so I'd go with Oldman at the top and Hanks at the bottom.

Hanks has been in a lot of good movies but his acting never struck me as outstanding. I've still never seen a DDL movie so I'd go with Oldman at the top and Hanks at the bottom.

You've never seen The Last of the Mohicans or There Will Be Blood?

Oldman
DDL
Penn
Washington
Hanks

Cool to see Oldman and DDL held in such high esteem.

Oldman is just one of those rare talents. He’s in JFK, State of Grace, Bram Stoker’s Dracula and True Romance in a period of a couple of years and he’s not only great in all of them, the characters are completely different.

I just rewatched Bram Stoker’s and the dude is epic in that. It always struck me as impressive that he took a role that was masterfully played by multiple actors- Lugosi, Lee, Langella, etc. and still knocked it out the park and left his own stamp on the character.

Come to think of it, Dracula movies are sort of like Batman movies in that they’re varying levels of quality but usually the actor playing the main character is very good to great.

Key word- usually

In before Clooney/Blade Trinity, etc.

Come to think of it, Dracula movies are sort of like Batman movies in that they’re varying levels of quality but usually the actor playing the main character is very good to great.

Key word- usually

In before Clooney/Blade Trinity, etc.

Satan is another one. Jack Nicholson, Pacino, De Niro, Viggo Mortensen, etc.

DDL
Oldman
Hanks
Denzel

Penn

I could switch denzel and hanks but i hanks has several iconic performances, denzel seems a little less varied and i can only think of a couple great ones.

I'm going with hanks even though I don't like his woke pandering. I can separate the artist from the person or how ever that saying goes

<seedat>

Back