Movies Rate and Discuss the Last Movie You Saw v.16

The Shooter (Marky Mark) 9/10

Decent story, characters. Needed Kate Mara's naked boobs though. A sequel would be good.

I really enjoyed the one shot style. Felt like a first person video game. It gets going right away and the film has a real feeling of motion to it. Its a ride for sure. The acting and chemistry between the two main actors was very good. I enjoyed that I didnt know who they were. The film did a good job of establishing believable background rapport between them very smoothly without going into dragged on exposition. The chemistry between the two leads allows for the moments that are supposed to pop, pop even more.

About the flaws. Remember I said about the feeling of motion. There are times when they "stop walking" so to speak, but it's usually at dramatic or big moments.

There is one part however, in the second half of the film, where a very useless breather was taken. No spoilers but it involves someone hiding. It really broke the pace of the film for me. I mean, right after it gets right back to it. But it was a noticeable scene that should've been cut.
Not a fall, but a trip and a roll perhaps.

Final score: 8.5/10

John Wick Part 2.

Abysmal. That's the only way to describe this movie. It was terrible. Keanu Reeves is so woden, it's painful. I throughly enjoyed the first one, but this was utter dog shit. Too much that was bad about it to go into detail. Suffice to say, it didn't make me have any interest in watching the 3rd movie, and the fact there is a 4th coming out makes me cringe.

4/10, and that's being generous.
<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Kingdom: Ashin of the North.

7.5/10. Pretty good. Gives some back story to the series Kingdom and how the Zombie plague started.

Watched a chunk of Tekken live action. It was so sad because stuff like chocolate bar, orange, coffee were luxuries.

2 months or so ago, i couldnt remember what part in the movie in the air tonight plays. I go on youtube and i can tell their added in because the tangerine dreams song is what i remembered for the train.

Was that song really in that movie? I think i discovered this by looking for the in the air tonight music video and i dont think i confirmed that i found the original.

Yeah it’s in the second half of the movie. IIrc, it’s the part where Tom’s character starts to get his hustle on.

Always found it weird that the song is more associated with Miami Vice than Risky Business, since Risky used it like a year earlier and the movie is just as iconic as Vice imo.

Dunkirk

The tenseness of being a sitting duck trapped on a beach was def there for sure. The scenes where they are getting shot at in a sinking ship or when they got torpedoed was something to see for sure. You dont really feel much for any individual characters. They just sort of come and go. The air combat scenes were pretty killer. I love WWII movies. I'd say this one was ok.

7/10

That was the first movie I saw hardy in lol, so I always think he's that character now
I saw him in that first too,but saw Bronson shortly after,and those two characters are so completley different,that it was only by looking it up later on that I realized its the same guy.

Dunkirk

The tenseness of being a sitting duck trapped on a beach was def there for sure. The scenes where they are getting shot at in a sinking ship or when they got torpedoed was something to see for sure. You dont really feel much for any individual characters. They just sort of come and go. The air combat scenes were pretty killer. I love WWII movies. I'd say this one was ok.

7/10
Saw this in theaters and was honestly a little bit bored. Was expecting something epic like saving private mcguire

I really enjoyed the one shot style. Felt like a first person video game. It gets going right away and the film has a real feeling of motion to it. Its a ride for sure. The acting and chemistry between the two main actors was very good. I enjoyed that I didnt know who they were. The film did a good job of establishing believable background rapport between them very smoothly without going into dragged on exposition. The chemistry between the two leads allows for the moments that are supposed to pop, pop even more.

About the flaws. Remember I said about the feeling of motion. There are times when they "stop walking" so to speak, but it's usually at dramatic or big moments.

There is one part however, in the second half of the film, where a very useless breather was taken. No spoilers but it involves someone hiding. It really broke the pace of the film for me. I mean, right after it gets right back to it. But it was a noticeable scene that should've been cut.
Not a fall, but a trip and a roll perhaps.

Final score: 8.5/10
I never finished 1917, I'll need to give it another shot

The littel things on netflix with densel washington 6/10

spoiler:

I did not understand why the fuck that one dude took the cop out to the desert. Made no sense.

Also, the is he or isnt he the killer is just stupid

spoiler:

I did not understand why the fuck that one dude took the cop out to the desert. Made no sense.

I thought this movie had a ton of potential until that twist. Then they basically fucked it to a bloody death. 6 is being generous.

good to know I did not miss something obvious.

The part that really fucked the dog was when just about with no lead up it is revealed that Denzel accidentally shot the woman to death at a crime scene. They didn't set the stage for the error well enough. Not by a long shot.

spoiler:

Yea ending was wack

The part that really fucked the dog was when just about with no lead up it is revealed that Denzel accidentally shot the woman to death at a crime scene. They didn't set the stage for the error well enough. Not by a long shot.
Lol yea that was weird

Back