Rate M Night Shamaylans movies

Favorite M. Night Movie

• Total voters

WhiskyJack

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Since I just watched Old last night and I am watching F9 right now, it's boring, I thought we should rate this guys best movies.

1. Signs

2. The Sixth Sense

3. Split

4. Unbreakable

5. The Village

6. Glass

7. The happening (I liked it)

8. The visit

9. After Earf

10. Lady itw

11. TLA

I haven't seen his first 2 movies.

Unbreakable - 8.8
The Sixth Sense - 8.3
Signs - 6.6
The Village - 5.9
Split - 5.9
Lady in the Water - 4.9
After Earth - 4.6
The Happening - 4.6
The Visit - 3.0
Glass - 3.0
The Last Airbender - 3.0

Unbreakable - 8.8
The Sixth Sense - 8.3
Signs - 6.6
The Village - 5.9
Split - 5.9
Lady in the Water - 4.9
After Earth - 4.6
The Visit - 3.0
Glass - 3.0
The Last Airbender - 3.0
Was it the water weakness that puts signs down points for you? I hate that argument but I understand it's plot weakness

My favorite Shamaylan movie isn't one he directed, but he was the Executive Producer.

Devil_film_poster.jpg

Was it the water weakness that puts signs down points for you? I hate that argument but I understand it's plot weakness

The movie was really good up until that point. It was a dumb twist.

Great cast and story

The Hersey kiss hats was weird too

Hmmm... I would say the water weakness was a mild detractor, though it was worked into the plot with the glass of water and stuff. I would say the movie as a whole just seemed to be overrated in almost all aspects. The whole thesis of the movie was that there were some sort of prophecies from minor things in their lives like what the mother had said...but it all just came together for no reason really. Okay, sure, M. Night had a reference to swinging the bat earlier and then at the end he had to swing the bat...but they are only connected for the contrived purpose of the story, rather than being otherwise meaningful. Anybody can kind of cram in an earlier reference to a later event in the script and call them connected...the trick is to have the connection be sensible or meaningful.

The acting was good, the tension was good. It was more that the events and foreshadowing that lead to the victory at the end were meaningless, rather than the water itself being a problem.

It was kind of like a deus ex machina masquerading as depth.

The movie was really good up until that point. It was a dumb twist.

Great cast and story

The Hersey kiss hats was weird too
Well they were making fun of people thinking tin foil hats spoil signals sent to the brain. I thought it was funny

Hmmm... I would say the water weakness was a mild detractor, though it was worked into the plot with the glass of water and stuff. I would say the movie as a whole just seemed to be overrated in almost all aspects. The whole thesis of the movie was that there were some sort of prophecies from minor things in their lives like what the mother had said...but it all just came together for no reason really. Okay, sure, M. Night had a reference to swinging the bat earlier and then at the end he had to swing the bat...but they are only connected for the contrived purpose of the story, rather than being otherwise meaningful. Anybody can kind of cram in an earlier reference to a later event in the script and call them connected...the trick is to have the connection be sensible or meaningful.

The acting was good, the tension was good. It was more that the events and foreshadowing that lead to the victory at the end were meaningless, rather than the water itself being a problem.

It was kind of like a deus ex machina masquerading as depth.
I thought the soundtrack made the movie mostly.
The sense of dread is what really sold it for me though, tbf I have always had nightmares of an Alien looking at me through my window at night. So I think that is why this movie resonated with me. Especially when he sees the alien the first time on the roof.

You ever seen Dark Skies?

On first watch, yes. But on replay value it's unbreakable

No on replay value it's still Sixth Sense because Unbreakable is boring and depressing and has only a couple cool moments in an otherwise boring movie where nothing happens.

No on replay value it's still Sixth Sense because Unbreakable is boring and depressing and has only a couple cool moments in an otherwise boring movie where nothing happens.

Boring? Depressing? Nothing happens?

Go write another corny rap song

Back