Rate M Night Shamaylans movies

Favorite M. Night Movie

• Total voters
I'm one of the few who liked the happening. Everything about the plot was lame. But I had a profound sense of dread throughout the movie and the suspense and nothing is scarier is what makes the hairs on your arms stand up
I liked it. I just thought it could have been so much better without Wahlberg, and if the cause of the shit happening was a bit more imaginative.

Honestly, I stopped caring about the movie long before that, basically when it was revealed it wad just a Jigsaw-copycat with no relation to the other movies.

What happened to Gordon?

What happened to the pathologist from 'Spiral?'

And this new villian was amazingly.... boring. Nothing interesting about him whatsoever.

I didn't watch 'Jigsaw' until a week before 'Spiral' and I think I'm going to completely skip out on any Saw-related movies for now on.
Also the voice modulation for it completely made me yawn at the movie

Well..like I said the creators got lazy because of the gore cash In at the time. It ruined the story they were trying to tell

Its actually worse than that. They COULD have had a decent ending, but they copied and pasted a shitty fan theory off of the internet.

That's about as pathetic as pathetic can get.

I liked it. I just thought it could have been so much better without Wahlberg, and if the cause of the shit happening was a bit more imaginative.
Yeah. But Marky mark being in it kind of sold it for me. Lol. His stupid reactions.

Its actually worse than that. They COULD have had a decent ending, but they copied and pasted a shitty fan theory off of the internet.

That's about as pathetic as pathetic can get.
What would have been the best ending?

Also the voice modulation for it completely made me yawn at the movie

That was the main complaint of a friend of mine who has also seen ever movie.

His exact quote -

"Whoever the new Jigsaw is sounds like a complete bitch in comparison to John Kramer and Hoffman."

While watching the film, I was thinking the most interesting character that could have been the new Jigsaw would have been the latina Police Chief.

And when she was killed... in the basement of her own police station... with boiling tar that supposedly runs through a pipe that goes through a New York City police station.... that was the moment I said "Okay, this movie is shit."

That was the main complaint of a friend of mine who has also seen ever movie.

His exact quote -

"Whoever the new Jigsaw is sounds like a complete bitch in comparison to John Kramer and Hoffman."

While watching the film, I was thinking the most interesting character that could have been the new Jigsaw would have been the latina Police Chief.

And when she was killed... in the basement of her own police station... with boiling tar that supposedly runs through a pipe that goes through a New York City police station.... that was the moment I said "Okay, this movie is shit."
Haha yeah. Plus me prior to that point figuring out who the killer was. Or was the body hanging right after?

Did you know immediately it was the kid?

What would have been the best ending?

That's the thing - I can't say 'In the last 5 minutes they should have done ____________' because Saw 7 was a shit sundae and the ending was the cherry on top.

The screenwriters for Saw 6&7 were originally supposed to do an 8th film but after 6 underperformed Liongate cut it down to just 7 films.

If I was in their shoes I would have had to write the ending for the series first and outline it backwards across two films setting the plot points and twists.

BTW, that's one if the most brilliant things about Saw 2, it has two twists related to the first movie.

That's one if the few things that Saw 2 improved upon Saw 1, it had twists related to its prior movies.

With Saw 5 and Saw 7, revealing Hoffman and Gordon were helping John all along, it felt very lazy and copy-and-paste. Same with the 'Jigsaw' movie... oh wow, another apprentice that helped John from the beginning... that's a twist that hadn't been done three times before in a series with 8 movies. :rolleyes:

Haha yeah. Plus me prior to that point figuring out who the killer was. Or was the body hanging right after?

Did you know immediately it was the kid?

Honestly, by that point in the movie I didn't care who was the Jigsaw copycat. The entire movie was lame... before it became shit with the boiling tar in the NYC police department basement killing the latina police chief.

It honestly makes me wonder if in the script it sounded good, like it would have been a surprising twist, and it just didn't work in the final cut, or if they even gave a damn.

What killed signs for you?

As soon as they showed the aliens. He should have learned from jaws and halloween that you dont show the threat till the end.

Also the water thing was comical. Aliens invade a planet comprised of over 70% of water which happens to be their kryptonite. Lol.

They travel all that distance and not analyze that water can fuck them up. Please.

Sixth Sense was his best film, followed by unbreakable imo.

I woudnt get upset if people put unbreakable over sixth sense, but not any of his other films. No way.

Last edited:
So I just finished signs. Again.

I consider it one of my favorite movies of all time.

Everything in it is deep. If you take out the aliens you get faith vs science debate. And it's great. It's what we fight today.

Do you believe in miracles? Or is everything just a coincidence.

It was stupid as all fuck. None of it made sense.

my tl;dr - they all suck.

one of my ex friends was actually in one of his movies. and he was (is?) an aspiring actor. and he actually removed it from his imdb credits because the movie was so fucking bad (lady in the water).

ffs, he made a movie about the devil stuck in an elevator. he's the worst.

I enjoyed The Village and The Happening... And this thread reminded me to rent some of his newer ones from the library (when I get home in Nov)...

From my IMdB ratings. Rating 1 means I couldn´t finish.

1. Signs - 6
2. The Sixth Sense - 8
3. Split - 5
4. Unbreakable - 6
5. The Village - 5
6. Glass - 1
7. The happening - 1
8. The visit - 5
9. After Earth - 1
10. Lady itw - 1

What will be the conclusion? He is the most overrated director that exists. After Earth is, in my opinion, the worst movie ever with that budget.

@Broken arrow did you watch old the other night or something? I really liked the movie up until the end

I thought Old was great until it went overboard with the lady breaking all her bones crawling at the kids. I guess the entire premise of the movie was creepy enough for me. They didn’t need to spice it up with bizarre shit like that

But I'll be damned if we weren't all like this when Joaquin started swinging away

MQ9lRkF.gif
hahaha thats a great clip. Do you know what fight thats from?

1-sixth sense
2-unbreakable
3-split
4-devil
5-the village
6-the visit
7-the happening
8-glass
9-old
10-signs
11-lady in the water

havent seen air bender or after earth

1-sixth sense
2-unbreakable
3-split
4-devil
5-the village
6-the visit
7-the happening
8-glass
9-old
10-signs
11-lady in the water

havent seen air bender or after earth

Consider yourself fortunate.

Sixth Sense was great. Unbreakable was good. The first 30-40 minutes of signs was good, same thing with the village. Everything else was straight meh to garbage. Happening, air bender and Lady in the water were just barf inducing.

Back