Ravens Flock: "RETURN OF THE OFFENSE" 2019 edition

Honestly, there's too much good news from each camp report each day to even post. I try to cherry-pick what I think is most important, but there's seriously SO MUCH good news about the Ravens from top to bottom it won't fit in this thread.

SUPERBOWL!!

Every single day there are glowing reports on Lamar's throwing. I feel like a broken record saying this stuff but training camp is almost over, which means we won't be getting these reports as much. Apparently they move into regular season practices in a day or two and the media will only be able to cover the joint practices with... I forget who... but someone coming up.

:)

Open to the media Training Camp is now over for the Ravens. From what I've read, well, only a couple points:

1. Miles Boykin (WR) is going to be a star
2. Hollywood Brown (WR) is way fast, but needs to develop rapport with LJ
3. We have GREAT TEs -- our passing weapons in general are pretty elite.
4. Lamar Jackson is a lot better than last year, but he still has a problem w/ holding the ball too long. Could lead to sacks/fumbles, but it also could lead to running opportunities.
5. I'm a little bit worried about Jimmy Smith but that just is what it is.
6. We need more pressure up the middle of our D-line.
7. We need more pressure on the edge of our D-line -- Tyus Bowser and Tim Williams REALLY need to step up this year. Chris Wormley is replacing Brent Urban, which is a pretty big pair of shoes to fill. McPhee is replacing Suggs. Someone has to replace Za'Darius Smith... we still do have Matthew Judon tho. We will see.
8. Our defense will still be elite and at the top of multiple categories/rankings despite the losses we've suffered. 'Wink' can scheme pressure if it's not generated at the line, but it still worries me.
9. Training camp was almost ALL passing, no running - our real offense will include a lot more running. I think they did this to maybe just give Lamar all those reps. Remember the team transitioned into a run-heavy team mid-season last year, so maybe they don't need to practice those plays as much. Maybe John Harbaugh is hiding that offense from everyone. I'm not sure what the exact reason is, but the training camp was SUPER pass-heavy.
10. LJ is a great leader. I can tell from the post-practice interviews and how the players talk about him... and his own interviews, he seems very humble, likable, relaxed, but in control. Flacco was just "Joe Cool" as in, he never got up or down, but that only took him so far, I feel like LJ is getting a lot more allegiance from this team than Flacco ever had.

I would say I've tempered my enthusiasm a little bit until I see more from Lamar and how our defense looks. I'm so used to having no offense that any holes in the defense were fatal... but I still do believe LJ will be better this year than Flacco was the past 3-4 years... and if that's the case we're gonna win a lot of games. Every year we were in playoff contention until the last game or so besides the year Flacco blew out his ACL. Now, with a better offense, I expect them to win more games. I think the offense will get better as the year goes on and not worse... I don't think teams will be able to 'adjust' and 'stop' them because we literally have weapons at every position right now, including QB.

Wins will range from 11 to 13, IMO, maybe even higher. I'm expecting big things from this team. But, at the same time, we have a tough schedule. The Jets will be better, the NFC West is pretty good up and down -- who knows how Kyler Murray will play?! Arizona was supposed to be an easy win, but what if Kyler is actually elite? The other 3 teams are supposed to be good. Obviously the AFC North is tough every year and we play KC/HOU/NE also.

Last edited:

It just doesn't look like an overthrow to me.

People are calling that an overthrow? He clearly adjusts and intentionally throws to Moore. It was a good read.

I'll be honest, I've been on vacation in the Caribbean the last couple weeks, so I didn't see the game. I'm shocked people are picking at that play.

People are calling that an overthrow? He clearly adjusts and intentionally throws to Moore. It was a good read.

I'll be honest, I've been on vacation in the Caribbean the last couple weeks, so I didn't see the game. I'm shocked people are picking at that play.

Agreed. Apparently PFF even graded it as an overthrow considering the awful score they gave him, which was not reflective of the game at all.

We all know Mark Andrews is gonna ball-out again

D_rmE53X4AAEqON

I'm excited to see Hayden Hurst this season. I think we'll have two TEs in that ^^ top 5 by the end of the season.

Full on... John Harbaugh, NOT Bill Belichick is the best coach in the NFL. Belichick had one winning season before he got Tom Brady and Harbaugh has had to deal with only Flacco for his entire career. Now we have a competent QB who can actually read fucking defenses and be a weapon himself in the run game. I expect LJ to get better each year and I FULLY expect a Ravens playoff run over the next several years to look like what the Patriots have looked like over the past 2 decades -- multiple superbowls and multiple superbowl appearances. No question.

That was cool seeing LJ meet Aaron 'GOAT' Rodgers and the post-game press conference. LJ seems like a cool ass dude, pretty humble too.

Anyone thinking Lamar may be a halfway ok choice for a fantasy QB given his rushing? Or will Harbaugh neuter him?

Anyone thinking Lamar may be a halfway ok choice for a fantasy QB given his rushing? Or will Harbaugh neuter him?

Harbaugh definitely isn't going to hold him back. I expect pretty big rushing #'s just on plays that break down and present a running opportunity. I also think there will be designed runs. And, hell, I expect good passing yard #'s as well.

Marlon Humphrey has been my fav player the last couple years :)

this was def a cool interaction

PFF GRADES

OFFENSE:

Chris Moore - 87.0
Nick Boyle - 87.0
Justice Hill - 85.2
Patrick Ricard - 82.4
Lamar Jackson - 78.2
Mark Ingram - 77.7
Jaleel Scott - 76.8
Isaiah Williams(LG) - 76.0
Antoine Wesley(WR) - 75.7
Christopher Ezeala(FB) - 68.8

DEFENSE:
Patrick Ricard - 90.4 (wow he's tops on both lists)
Aaron Adeoye(OLB) - 87.9
Otaro Alaka(MLB) - 87.5
Tim Williams - 83.7
Stanley Jean-Baptiste - 81.6
DeShon Elliot(FS) - 80.5
Tyus Bowser - 77.9
Matthew Judon - 77.9
Pernell McPhee - 77.2
Chuck Clark - 74.9

Really good to see Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser grading well. We're gonna need them this season.

Marlon Humphrey has been my fav player the last couple years :)

this was def a cool interaction

Packer fan checking in...

Bulaga's like 3 knee injuries has made it so he's not what he once was.

Packer fan checking in...

Bulaga's like 3 knee injuries has made it so he's not what he once was.

all good, Humphrey is still a beast/dog for a corner. He'll take on and beat anyone it seems.

Back