Recent fights/results/news from China

Tawanchay ate quite a few punches.

His kicks are hard and effective but I would not have been too surprised if the decision went the other way.

The Chinese guy has heart, taking body kicks without showing much emotion, he did lower his guard a bit after awhile though.

I think for a tall & long fighter like Tawanchay, utilizing more knees to counter the aggressive punch-heavy kickboxers would be more effective. A lot of times the guy just moved into his kicks making it a half knee/kick.

i guess he was afraid to get point deductions even from productive clinch

Petpanomrung got 2 unfair point deductions against Wei Rui if i can remember, he was robbed.

Next couple Kunlun events set
Sept 13-15 - assuming numbered event on the last day and China league/City Hero/kids stuff earlier days

Dzianis Zuev vs. Zhu Baotong
Zhang Yang vs. Nayanesh Ayman

Dec 31

Not a lot of other info yet. If anything like what they had planned earlier then 66kg tournament on the September one and 70kg on the NYE event.

More numbered events than I expected and nice to see Moiseev and Larsen there in the mix.

Last edited:
em38.jpg

EDIT: The whole event here:

Last edited:
Looks like watermelon video (ixigua.com) got rights for Wu Lin Feng now as well. So Kunlun, GoH and Wu Lin Feng all stream there live for free. The site kind of blows but you can dig the promotion names in Chinese from wikipedia and use the search on ixigua.com when they have a live event and probably find a stream!

Speaking about WLF, whatever happened to Feng Bian? He's coming up on 3 years since his last fight.

He beat some WGP/Brazilian less than a year ago outside Wu Lin Feng, but seems like he is near-retired from fighting.

Good quality. Some people seem to have buffering issues with watermelon video but generally works pretty well for me, at least if I select a little lower quality in the player. Think the lowest quality was still 540p with decent bitrate. Also if even the lower quality streams buffer on their video player you can get the .m3u8 from Chrome/Inspect/Network and play it in vlc and increase the amount it uses to cache the stream. Should play just fine with that.

Back