Recent fights/results/news from China

Buakaw's opponent, Yuan Bin, pulled out of the Oct 27th MAS fight .
That sucks ass. Was looking forward to the format with a single 9 minute round and KO being the only way to win. Hope they find a replacement.

November 16 in Beijing, China

Flyweight Title Fight
Ilias Ennahachi (c) vs. Wang Wenfeng

Light Heavyweight Title Fight
Light Heavyweight Tarik Khbabez vs. Roman Kryklia

Featherweight Yodsanklai Fairtex vs. TBD

Pretty good stuff from ONE in China. Wang and Kryklia are the previous Kunlun tournament champs. Ennahachi-Wang 3 with one win each, Khbabez-Kryklia 2 with Khbabez having won the 1st fight.

https://www.fightmag.com.au/2019/10/22/ennahachi-defends-against-wenfeng-at-one-age-of-dragons/

Ennahachi/Wenfeng is great

hope Yodsanklai gets an easy out so we can see the Petrosyan fight sooner rather than later

November 16 in Beijing, China

Flyweight Title Fight
Ilias Ennahachi (c) vs. Wang Wenfeng

Light Heavyweight Title Fight
Light Heavyweight Tarik Khbabez vs. Roman Kryklia

Featherweight Yodsanklai Fairtex vs. TBD

Pretty good stuff from ONE in China. Wang and Kryklia are the previous Kunlun tournament champs. Ennahachi-Wang 3 with one win each, Khbabez-Kryklia 2 with Khbabez having won the 1st fight.

https://www.fightmag.com.au/2019/10/22/ennahachi-defends-against-wenfeng-at-one-age-of-dragons/

This is good! But LHW in ONE I think it"s heavyweight. This will suck for Khbabez, but he already beat Kryklia in Romania a the Superkombat WGP 2017 final. In my opinion Khbabez is not a heavyweight. Otherwise, I would have counted on Kbabez to beat overrated Kryklia. I like Kryklia, but he"s not really elite. Top 10 fighter for sure...

It would be funny if Marat somehow dropped the ball on this one. Im cheering for Gashi.

Are yodwicha, superbon n petchtanong still fighting under buakaw's gym ?
All 3 have been training at Sor Tawanrung Gym for the last few months but not sure if its just temporary thing. Superbon social media pages still have Banchamek as his last name but Petchtanong and Yodwicha dont.

All 3 have been training at Sor Tawanrung Gym for the last few months but not sure if its just temporary thing. Superbon social media pages still have Banchamek as his last name but Petchtanong and Yodwicha dont.
So far i have only seen Chinese forums/weibo talking about this. i wonder what was the story behind it. Especially for Yodwicha since he just joins Buakaw's camp early this year

Yodwicha, supposedly, left at least couple months ago already. As far as the Chinese scene gossip is concerned Superbon/Petch leaving news came fairly recently.
Curious if they all had left around the same time, just Yodwicha was mentioned before.

Superbon is still set to fight in the Kunlun NYE tournament. Interesting with Buakaw's people/Kunlun/MAS and what kind of relationships fighters and various middlemen might have with each other if there's any bad feelings :)

Last edited:
Is Petchtanong like Jo the GOAT? Unremarkable in Muaythai but somehow got the chance to shine in the international Kickboxing scene?

Is Petchtanong like Jo the GOAT? Unremarkable in Muaythai but somehow got the chance to shine in the international Kickboxing scene?
No, his level of opposition was better in Muay Thai than in kickboxing

Edit: But fame-wise i guess he got the chance to shine more in kickboxing. Still think he is underrated as a kickboxer though.

Last edited:
Petchtanong has done quite well for himself in China, specially in Wu Lin Feng. Won their cup thingy last year, 1mil rmb (~150k USD). Still in the running for winning it this year too, think that's again for 1mil rmb if I'm not mistaken.

Petchtanong has done quite well for himself in China, specially in Wu Lin Feng. Won their cup thingy last year, 1mil rmb (~150k USD). Still in the running for winning it this year too, think that's again for 1mil rmb if I'm not mistaken.
Yes for sure my point is just he was also fighting muay thai at a top level unlike Nattawut. I thinkhe is one of the best at 65-67 kg in kickboxing but he doesn't seem to get a lot of credit for it (well outside of china at least).

Yes. He is one of the favorites this year. Is it the same tournament as Tawanchai ?

Yes for sure my point is just he was also fighting muay thai at a top level unlike Nattawut. I thinkhe is one of the best at 65-67 kg in kickboxing but he doesn't seem to get a lot of credit for it (well outside of china at least).
The Chinese kickboxing organizations are quite active in organizing fights and WLF actually seems cleaner these days after Yi Long and the rest retired or semi retire.

Kunlun 70 kg NYE Tournament
-----------------------------------------
Dzianis Zuev (2014 Champion)
Superbon (2016 Champion)
Davit Kiria (2018 Champion)
Dong Wenfei (WLF/S-1 Champ of some sort)
Kong Lingfeng
TBA
TBA
TBA

Kong Lingfeng is a Kunlun guy, beat Ristie and did a tv movie, so those qualify him(?).

Guessing that probably at least a couple of those TBA's will be filled by:
Moiseev
Risco
Toutouh
Yodwicha
Ozcan

Ozcan and Risco are fighting each other early December I think. Not so sure if Ozcan would fight in Kunlun anyway but if Risco is injury free he might. Superbon and Zuev have fights between now and NYE as well, hope no bad injuries for them.

Other fights so far:

75 kg
Zheng Zhaoyu (2016 Champion) vs. Mergen Bilyalov (2018 Champion)

MMA
Zhang Lipeng

Then they'll also have the Kunlun kids and Combat League finals on/around the NYE event.

Combat League still quarters/semis to go.
EOgp147.jpg

UMJARLp.jpg

Sitti has more or less said he won't be fighting in the Kunlun tournament and Marat being in Glory+fighting in December highly doubt he'd be in it either.
Zt61wey.jpg

Sitthichai fighting on the 15th in Macau. Not sure if it's broadcast anywhere live, but at least he's probably getting paid okay.

zoW2Rij.jpg

Back