Recent fights/results/news from China

Kunlun 70 kg NYE Tournament
-----------------------------------------
Dzianis Zuev (2014 Champion)
Superbon (2016 Champion)
Davit Kiria (2018 Champion)
Dong Wenfei (WLF/S-1 Champ of some sort)
Kong Lingfeng
TBA
TBA
TBA

Kong Lingfeng is a Kunlun guy, beat Ristie and did a tv movie, so those qualify him(?).

Guessing that probably at least a couple of those TBA's will be filled by:
Moiseev
Risco
Toutouh
Yodwicha
Ozcan

Ozcan and Risco are fighting each other early December I think. Not so sure if Ozcan would fight in Kunlun anyway but if Risco is injury free he might. Superbon and Zuev have fights between now and NYE as well, hope no bad injuries for them.

Other fights so far:

75 kg
Zheng Zhaoyu (2016 Champion) vs. Mergen Bilyalov (2018 Champion)

MMA
Zhang Lipeng

Then they'll also have the Kunlun kids and Combat League finals on/around the NYE event.

Combat League still quarters/semis to go.
EOgp147.jpg

UMJARLp.jpg

Sitti has more or less said he won't be fighting in the Kunlun tournament and Marat being in Glory+fighting in December highly doubt he'd be in it either.
Zt61wey.jpg
KLF seems pretty quiet this year. Lesser big names and events.

They don't have the finances for that anymore. Then add in temporary market disruptions like ONE, they'd have to spend utterly dumb money to compete.

Sittichai looks rusty. Same in the Marat fight. He's been taking way too much time off. Hoping this is not the beginning of his downfall. Maybe I judge too hard and not giving his opponent credit but under muaythai rules sittichai should of looked a lot better.

Maybe I judge too hard and not giving his opponent credit but under muaythai rules sittichai should of looked a lot better.
Why, he is more of a kickboxer than muay thai fighter nowadays. Also the otherguy looked quite big/strong i think that's a bigger factor in muay thai than KB.

Time off might be a factor but i think he peaked around 2016 and has not been looking as good since he started using his hands a lot more. Some people say he improved his kickboxing skills a lot but i don't know if current Sittichai is so much better than this one

Kunlun 70 kg NYE Tournament
-----------------------------------------
Dzianis Zuev (2014 Champion)
Superbon (2016 Champion)
Davit Kiria (2018 Champion)
Dong Wenfei (WLF/S-1 Champ of some sort)
Kong Lingfeng
TBA
TBA
TBA

Kong Lingfeng is a Kunlun guy, beat Ristie and did a tv movie, so those qualify him(?).

Guessing that probably at least a couple of those TBA's will be filled by:
Moiseev
Risco
Toutouh
Yodwicha
Ozcan
Anatoly Moiseev added to the tournament.

Khbabez beat him at Superkombat finals without problems but look: Khbabez ain"t no heavyweight! And Kryklia shouldn"t be ranked very high, he also lost to some Iranian bum and Tomas Hron. Kryklia should himself in Glory, otherwise he can"t be ranked so high. How to place him over Ben Saddik and Adegbuyi? This is insane.

And Khbabez is a better fighter than him, but his division is the LHW.

Andrei Stoica vs. Anderson Braddock Silva on 6th December. 102 kilograms?????????????

This is insane, Stoica is just another light-heavyweight taking on a classic super-heavyweight. Super, not just heavyweight! Stoica has no height to become a heavyweight.

Copa-mundo-ronda-final.jpg

WLF 67KG finals contestants. Petchanong, Liu Yaning, Tawanchai, Jia Aoqi. January 11.

If Stoica (a classic cruiserweight/super cruiserweight aka light heavyweight) also loses to a classic HW/SHW like Braddock Silva, after Khbabez lost to Kryklia, we will see then maybe a split of the current LHW which is actually OPEN WEIGHT (SHW).

I know something: Khbabez is better at the classic LHW than Kryklia will ever be at the classic HW.

ONE has money, they should better create normal divisions instead of paying 1 million (or how much) to Petrosyan.

I know the purses in the LHW but maybe it"s not wise to post them.

"Stoica has dynamite in his hands"

I am watching Kryklia now in his last fights. They will probably make Kryklia vs. Stoica!

Back