Recent fights/results/news from China

KCPL starts next week. Should be on youtube/facebook too along with watermelon video.

This is probably Kunlun mostly now. Some more of their Chinese regulars seem to be set to fight for various teams in the league so that kind of spells that there might not be too many numbered events, or at least very high quality numbered events, if last year didn't make it look like that already :)

They still seem to want to do the 70kg/75kg/HW tournaments. Not sure how much sense the 70 kg and HW ones make now, at least if they tried to sell them as the same as the prior tournaments, with nearly all the main guys being in other promotions.
20200529_1590720660.jpg

EYDxVyDWAAICtpx.jpg:large

Then on the 9th GoH starts spamming their 2nd tier events with fights 6 days in a row.

Rise of Heroes should stream on:
https://live.kuaishou.com/search/?keyword=勇士的崛起

In other China news, Fang Bian was apparently looking to fight on the 1st half of this year which corona messed up, still wants to have a fight but now against a yet to be found Chinese opponent.

Last edited:
ah? he is literally the first face in the poster Shadess posted.

upload_2020-5-29_9-24-17.png

Wuhán team joining the tournament as soon as June 20.

upload_2020-5-29_9-28-22.png

Fighters from the Deng Zeqi Gym and Qiu Jianliang Gym. I heard they were not in Dadongxiang (GoH Gym) Anymore but now is more than official.

So basically they are trying to learn from K-1's and Rise's book. Develop your own local stars from scratch and stop bringing expensive foreign fighters all the time.

At the long run this may be the only way to sustainably grow without burning money. Specially in highly nationalistic countries like Japan and China.

I don't remember of Deng Zeqi so much but QJL is at his own gym for a while now at least yea. Still fought at Glory of Heroes events, but seemingly often been the case first they leave the GoH gym and then after a while either start fighting on other promotions or just stop fighting.

Glory of Heroes hasn't brought many quality foreigners in a while tbh.

Last edited:
Kaew was the last elite fighter they brought. Like in 2018 XD

ah? he is literally the first face in the poster Shadess posted.
Oh I missed that it was a GOH poster... Thought it was the KCPL thing, wouldn't make sense. I took my wish for a reality

WLF King's Cup second round videos (June 13 event):

-June 20 Henan TV Broadcast
Jin Ying def. Zhao Chongyang TKO (R1)

-June 27 Henan TV Broadcast
Wei Rui def. Wang Pengfei (Decision)

-July 4 Henan TV Broadcast

-July 11 Henan TV Broadcast
Liu Xiangming def. Jia Aoqi KO (R2)

Wu Lin Feng upcoming leagues/cups.

With the corona situation/international travel restrictions they can't hold their 3rd annual World Cup, so instead they have elected to run a bunch of domestic leagues/cups over multiple weights.

70 kg:
Ji Xiang
Song Shaoqiu
Cheng Zisa
Liu Shenghao
Li Shiyuan
Oyang Feng
Pu Dongdong
Wu Xuesong

Fighters will fight everyone else in their own group once, the 2 fighters with the most points advance to the semifinals.
Winner of group A vs. the runner up of Group B/Winner of Group B vs. the runner up of Group A.

Dates for the group fights: May 15, June 5, July 3, July 31
and August 29 for the semifinals and the final of each tournament.

60 kg:
Zhao Jiangfeng
Li Yuankun
Xue Shenzhen
Jin Hu
Yang Ming
Zhao Boshi
Zhao Zhanshi
Zhang Lanpei
Yang Ming seems to have won 60 kg, but the finals of these other weights are yet to be broadcast.

They actually kept to their overall insane schedule. The whole tournament was scheduled in April, think a few events got moved around but they kept to the end date with corona and everything cancelled.

I started to follow Kickboxing only like 4-5 years ago. So even though I have seen some MAX stuff, it will be impossible for me to compare the aura between both eras.

This is Wang Pengfei vs Wei Ninghui WLF event from Yesterday is in that link. And tomorrow is the final of the Wu Lin Feng King's Cup with Jin Ying vs Wei Rui.
wlf-king-cup-final-2020.png

Back