Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Alex Rivas, that's what you get when you spit your mouthpiece on purpose trying to buy some extra recovery time - you get smashed by an absolute wrecking machine.

Was an excellent tournament. Yoshiki Takei was unstoppable !

Has anyone been able to find the full fight of the Kaew vs Kuniya fight? I have seen the first three rounds, but apparently went to a fourth and apparently Kaew got a point deducted?

Has anyone been able to find the full fight of the Kaew vs Kuniya fight? I have seen the first three rounds, but apparently went to a fourth and apparently Kaew got a point deducted?
yes for excessive clinching I believe. Kaew should have been awared the victory over the 3 rounds anyway. not a good fight.

K-1 now uploading English translated and commentated full fights to youtube

RISE WORLD SERIES 2019 Semi-finals (Sunday, July 21)

58kg tournament semi-final #1: Tenshin Nasukawa (31-0) vs Serkim PK Saenchaimuaythaigym (105-23-3)
58kg tournament semi-final #2: Rungkit Wor.Sanprapai (60-19-2) vs Shiro (24-5-4)

61kg tournament semi-final #1: Saeksan Or.Kwanmuang (184-36-6) vs Taiji Shiratori (15-5-1)
61kg tournament semi-final #2: Chanhyeong Lee (26-9-1) vs Genji Umeno (45-11-3)

55kg bout: Masahiko Suzuki (22-3) vs Emanuele Tetti Menichelli (31-11-2)
58kg bout: Masahide Kudo (18-10-3) vs Thalisson Gomes Ferreira (17-15-2)
61kg bout: Yuki (46-24-2) vs Hector Santiago (36-8)

D_ALS3JUIAATpDA.jpg

Full card: https://rise-rc.com/event/rise-world-series2-190710

Stream: Abema TV (Japan), Fite TV (Worldwide)

RISE WORLD SERIES 2019 Semi-finals (Sunday, July 21)

58kg tournament semi-final #1: Tenshin Nasukawa (31-0) vs Serkim PK Saenchaimuaythaigym (105-23-3)
58kg tournament semi-final #2: Rungkit Wor.Sanprapai (60-19-2) vs Shiro (24-5-4)

61kg tournament semi-final #1: Saeksan Or.Kwanmuang (184-36-6) vs Taiji Shiratori (15-5-1)
61kg tournament semi-final #2: Chanhyeong Lee (26-9-1) vs Genji Umeno (45-11-3)

55kg bout: Masahiko Suzuki (22-3) vs Emanuele Tetti Menichelli (31-11-2)
58kg bout: Masahide Kudo (18-10-3) vs Thalisson Gomes Ferreira (17-15-2)
61kg bout: Yuki (46-24-2) vs Hector Santiago (36-8)

D_ALS3JUIAATpDA.jpg

Full card: https://rise-rc.com/event/rise-world-series2-190710

Stream: Abema TV (Japan), Fite TV (Worldwide)
You should post a new thread if there isnt one

K-1 now uploading English translated and commentated full fights to youtube

English commentary, that's huge. Really makes it more interesting to follow & watch. If only there were betting odds it would be can't miss.

I hadn't seen the extension round until now. I thought Rukiya actually won it cleanly without the point deduction, so he did better than Noiri did.

But Kaew should've won without the extra round. clearly won the 1st and 3rd IMO.

his corner kicking him was bizarre and definitely played up.

Any idea why Kaew's corner kicked him??!!

I would prefer they not do English commentary if it is going to be as awful as this. I don't speak Japanese, but at least their commentators sound like they're actually into the fight. These guys sound like they're being forced to watch their kids.

Good fight though. I'm a couple beers in, but I don't see how Rukiya won that at all. I scored rounds one and three for Kaew; second round would be a draw or leaning towards Kaew as well, IMO. The point deduction was pretty silly too. There were five seconds left in the fight. C'mon.

I tend to be less mad about bad decision, when the fight was horrible.

I would prefer they not do English commentary if it is going to be as awful as this. I don't speak Japanese, but at least their commentators sound like they're actually into the fight. These guys sound like they're being forced to watch their kids.
I haven't checked it out yet but I immagine the English commentary is done well after the event not live in a recording studio (like the early PrideFC events) so you won't be able to have the same level of enthusiasm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Username Required LMAO
Back