Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Can anyone tell me what K-1 Khaos is?

Can anyone tell me what K-1 Khaos is?

K-1 third division, mostly People making their pro debut. They also use it like the next one to showcase the best participants from the reality show they have. (similar to TUF but in amateur)

Haven't watched the fight but i'll believe in you guys. Japan will Japan.

Kubo did a good job keeping Pikeur cautious of wading forward by countering him in the pocket and angling off his middle kicks to not be a target for counters
I thought he did enough to win, Pikeur didnt do terribly but never really got his fight going

Kubo did really well for sure, I gave him round 1 and he was winning 2 and 3 at first but I thought the late blitzing from Pikeur was enough to take 2 and 3. Not a robbery though very close fight.

Tenshin vs Yuki for a RISE show on June 14 (which will probably be cancelled)
Beynoah and Suakim also on the card, no opponents confirmed

Hi guys sorry to go off topic and sorry to bother you but I am Jack im 13 and i decided to measure my punch speed per second I have never done martial arts before or anything but i got 13 punches per second if im doing it in speedbag style and 7-9 per second if im doing jab cross chain punches. Is this good? because if it is im looking to start kickboxing because i feel like i will enjoy it. Thanks for your time all replies are appreciated, thanks. double checked the numbers they are correct.

Hello, welcome to the forum! Speed is important in fighting, but since you have never trained before I wouldn't worry about that aspect too much yet. If you are interested in training Kickboxing, then give it a try! I was interested in martial arts and combat sports my whole life, but did not start training until two or so years ago and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Even if you don't like it, you can say you tried it. Plus, putting yourself out there and not being afraid to try new things is generally good practice in my opinion haha

There is also a Standup Technique forum here as well if you are interested in discussing things like your training, gyms in your area and things like that.

ok thanks i was wondering if it is a decent speed or not tho? I have decided to start kickboxing, thanks for convincing me :)

Here is a Boxing world champion punching a heavy bag as many times as he can in one minute. Based on what you're saying, you should be able to do a bit less than double the amount of punches he just did in one minute. I don't think you're measuring the amount of punches you are doing correctly

I am glad to hear you have decided to begin training though, I hope you enjoy it!

im sure i am, however the 13 punches is the type of rolling punches that are used on a speedball but with normal punches i get 7-9 per second i will post video later for proof

When you say normal punches, do you mean you are punching how Yodsanan is in the video I linked?

well ill admit the punching form isnt great but they are full jabs and crosses fully extending (for the 7-9 one) but im not punching a bag, just shadow boxing

When you get the opportunity, try punching as fast as you can on a heavy bag. With gloves on as well, I think you will find yourself punching a good bit slower :)

Back